Update 7.1 Patchnotes

+
My big grievance with the game as is is that I just feel like the game needs to fundamentally change the rarity/provisions system. I just think it's so strange that as a deck you can run answers to literally anything, use about a dozen tech cards and still have a very strong deck.

I think the best way to demonstrate what I mean is by pointing at the Schirru deck. Now I'm not saying it's OP as I don't believe it's a deck like Warriors SK was where you're so much more like to beat your opponents on paper. I just mean that the deck incorporates wide punish, tall punish, artifact punish and engine punish all in one deck and due to the nature of Gord benefits from this.

Now I believe the Schirru problem (because I do think it's a problem) will solve itself when the card inevitably gets initiative. But the way the very existence of this card essentially shuts down playing swarm (other than Ethereal because it's not a deckbuilding commitment to said swarm) is just really bad.

Not to mention the ridiculous situations now where you have to guess Schirru's power based off of RNG handbuffs it receives.. but yeah, my biggest grievance are just these swiss army knife decks that run answers to everything. I've had similar complaints about Syndicate and Nilfgaard in the past.

It's why I'm glad NR and SK are going to be devotion 99% of the time now so games degenerate less into binary interactions like the infamous scenario v. bomb heaver deciding games.
The way mechanics are now in general just make for really binary games at the moment. I know it's become a bit of a buzzword when talking about Gwent but I feel it's appropriate here.

Tutors like Oneiromancy are so strong and so expensive that it's such a blow when you don't draw into it. Especially now that even 5p cards like 'purify' and bomb heaver have become so game deciding while being neutral cards devoid of synergy because of how strong artifacts and defenders are. I win and loss games due to draws far too often nowadays.
I get it, draw RNG is just par for the course in cardgames, but in Gwent right now it feels accentuated due to how poor the balancing is.
I have the same idea for shirru. It has to put a iniciative on him.

Something like - order destroy an enemy unit with the same power of this card
Iniciative - destroy this card and all the enemy units with the same power of this card.

I think shirru its almost the new regis, but with low provision costs

EDIT: or, at least, took of his zeal

I have the same idea for shirru. It has to put a iniciative on him.

Something like - order destroy an enemy unit with the same power of this card
Iniciative - destroy this card and all the enemy units with the same power of this card.

I think shirru its almost the new regis, but with low provision costs

EDIT: or, at least, took of his zeal
Shirru is fine as is. It requires a lot of setting up. I've fallen prey to it myself for sure but it's high risk and can brick, it doesn't need order.

Regis doesn't affect your side of the board at all if you play it so the risk is less

Shirru is fine as is. It requires a lot of setting up. I've fallen prey to it myself for sure but it's high risk and can brick, it doesn't need order.

Regis doesn't affect your side of the board at all if you play it so the risk is less
aah, didnt realized that.

So, also can change to kill all the enemy units.

So take of zeal or put iniciative (or both) but add only to destroy the enemy units. I think thats fine
Post automatically merged:

Another question.

Someone now if devs are thinking to make rupture as it was before the change? I think rupture its uselles after this change, because no one will be with an 11 provision only to get lucky to face someone with a card with a lot os BASE points.

Rupture was fine doing the damage the card was (with buf) because the card could be purify or consume (monsters). Also, its not a insta kill since the card can have armor.

Tyggy what's his name was a misdesing at the first place. This card is by now means neccesarry in SK. More like NG stuff, Valbjorn was the option for SK. Totally fitting ability out of date/place/meta but fitting. Sadly they gave us a spot of a card for some weaks and now the guy lies dead in the corner along with the whole pirate bunch, but better this way then the other.

Guest 4368268

Shirru is fine as is. it requires a lot of set up. I've fallen prey to it myself for sure but it's high risk and can brick, it doesn't need order.

It usually really doesn't. Tutoring it from Isengrims' Council is about the most 'effort' it takes. I don't think it should have order but it should absolutely get initiative.

The same logic that went for Igni and Scorch goes for Schirru: when you can set up and execute in the same turn leaving your opponent with no options to do something about something they clearly saw coming you degenerate the game.

Top Bottom