[UPDATE] Important announcement about the future of GWENT on consoles

+
BOYCOT CYBERPUNK CONSOLES

Strangely it does not bother CDP SONY's requirements to sell millions of TW3 and Cyberpunk.

Last edited:
So as far as I know I haven't played the game on my PC GoG account, but I have the game in my library.
I haven't played the console version in ages, but I want to transfer my account - seeing as I can't keep my Meteorite powder, how can I go into the console version and spend my meteor powder without receiving any Playstation trophies (I dont want to sit with an incomplete trophy list on my account for a dead game.
I booted up the game today but was promoted with a tutorial, I for sure know I will receive a trophy for finishing said tutorial, but I also noticed that I could skip the tutorial. Will I still receive a trophy if I skip the tutorial?

Just to clarify, you can also play the game on mobile. This is not an option either?

There are people who have android phones and consoles and they don't have PCs and iPhones so I can understand why some people are furious about this situation. I am a PC player but I can imagine if CDPR decided to cancel PC version and I would have to buy iPhone, iPad or console just to play in Gwent.

For me personally it's not that much of a problem that they decided to do this. I bought an IPad with the main purpose to play Gwent on it. I asked about cross progression on several occassions and I also suggested the possibility of a one time copy. I have a full deck on PS4 but I play Gwent for 90% on IOS now, so for me the option to copy progress is perfect.

I do however feel incredibly bad for the console users who don't have this option or do not want to play on mobile devices which I can understand completely. The announcement came on too short notice.

There are people who have android phones and consoles and they don't have PCs and iPhones [...]

The game is going to be released on Android in Q1 2020. I know it's not ideal, but there are alternatives.

Will I still receive a trophy if I skip the tutorial?

Not sure, but there is one for transmuting cards (spending Meorite Powder). So, unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to avoid getting trophies.

The game is going to be released on Android in Q1 2020. I know it's not ideal, but there are alternatives.
Sure there are alternatives but it doesn't change that someone who plays Gwent every day now will have to wait until March (4 months) or buy another device just to play in Gwent.

I am a PC player but I can imagine being in this situation and I would be furious if it happened to me.

Fun fact - Homecoming was released at 4th December 2018 on consoles. At 4th December 2019 CDPR decided to cancel Gwent on consoles :coolstory:.

Sure there are alternatives but it doesn't change that someone who plays Gwent every day now will have to wait until March (4 months) or buy another device just to play in Gwent.

I am a PC player but I would be furious if it happened to me.

That's true. The timing is bad and I can fully understand players being upset about the news.

Guest 4378028

Im a PS4 player since gwent beta. In the absense of information, last month I focused un a new PC account and recently bought thonebraker. Now I hace a GOG account with Gwent and thonebraker. I will leave this new user because of the transfer of my PS4 user to a new GOG account, but what about thonebraker? Can I migrate It to muy future new GOG account?
Thanks

I'm also an achievement hunter on xbox. I would like to know what happens to them after the 9th of December? Will some of them be unobtainable (like the ranking, prestige and arena ones)? Do you change some requirement for the achievements?

The announcement came too fast and i was really surprised about that. I love to get 100% in every game. But if some modes will be discontinued, then it's impossible for me to finish the game in this short time. :O(

∆∆
This

I've been scrambling in disarray since yesterday announcement, because I'm sitting on 70% completion on PS4 and I don't think I'll be able to platinum it in 4 days. It's extremely frustrating to imagine that my PSN profile will be stuck with this forever.

Hi, I created a new gog account yesterday...and started gwent ,but did not accept the user agreement.
Then I shut down the game, is this account viable for ps4 transfer?

Hi, I created a new gog account yesterday...and started gwent ,but did not accept the user agreement.
Then I shut down the game, is this account viable for ps4 transfer?

When you have played the game even once, it means a Gwent account has been created and a transfer to that particular account is no longer possible. However, if Gwent is the only game you own on GOG, you can ask for an account deletion.

As for the user agreement, you did already accept it by starting and playing the game. The one you are thinking of, which can be found in the option menu, is a special agreement just for participating in pro-rank, which doesn't have to be accepted in order to play Gwent.

Raunbjorn

Hi :) Will there be a way to verify the GOG Account that we have chosen is in fact viable to copy our console progress to? For example, I have a GOG account (created in 2018) where I downloaded Gwent and have 0% trophies and 0m played progression, but I am unsure whether this would be a viable account since it had Gwent downloaded on my PC.

Thank you for providing this option to us - it is really appreciated that the team negotiated this for us :)
They didn't negotiate anything. They just annihilated the console players with really poor (non existent) communication prior to the execution.

Guest 4376609

This is annoying, particularly since CDPR just pushed purchases for Black Friday and I did by something on iOS. It would have been better to announce this move before Black Friday since accounts cannot be merged.

From what I understand it is not possible to create 2 accounts using the same email address on GOG. Makes sense, but I’d like to avoid having to create a second email address just for Gwent. For Gmail addresses: will GOG accept myemail+gwent@gmail.com as separate from myemail@gmail.com? Both addresses are the same as far as Google is concerned.

Thanks!

And another ques
When you have played the game even once, it means a Gwent account has been created and a transfer to that particular account is no longer possible. However, if Gwent is the only game you own on GOG, you can ask for an account deletion.

As for the user agreement, you did already accept it by starting and playing the game. The one you are thinking of, which can be found in the option menu, is a special agreement just for participating in pro-rank, which doesn't have to be accepted in order to play Gwent.
Hm.. i started the game up until radivid animation and pressed the x button..then i was prompted to accept user agreement , did not press anything and turned off the game.
Do i still need to delete/ create a new one?

Raunbjorn

One question I haven't seen answered: I haven't done any of the Thronebreaker achievements on my PS4. Will I still be able to do them after the shutdown Gwent and how will my PS4 Gwent collection interact with the TB one if that makes any sense? And will I have to buy TB again on GOG or will they provide your account with a "free" TB as compensation when we already bought it for PS4?

Final question: Do I have to transfer my account before they shutdown the game on PS4. If you don't do that, will you lose your account or something?

Top Bottom