[UPDATED] Changes to GWENT’s economy and full mill value refund policy

+
I understand the new meteorite policy but found a Problem or similar.
I have Premium cards multiple times (gold x2, bronze x3) and I cant mill them ...
Why?
Am i not allowed through milling to gain meteorite powder?

I have Premium cards multiple times (gold x2, bronze x3) and I cant mill them ...
I had to double-check this, but as far as I can see, you should still be able to mill them manually for powder. It seems that the option to mill premiums using the mortar and pestle, however, is currently not an option. Try milling the individual extra copies, rather than en mass.

Now you can't make or upgrade the witcher trio (starter pack cards).
And also to upgrade the starter cards you need to make a third one, because first two are locked.

I quit playing months ago to wait for changes that might make the game feel fun to me again. I saved scraps with the intention of crafting more premiums I had previously when I returned. And now it's unlikely I'll ever be returning to the game.

I only discovered these changes from a random link to PC Gamer yesterday. Was this change even a post on the GOG store news, the store front you use to distribute the game? You guys didn't do a good enough job communicating this to existing players, especially ones that were inactive, or may have been busy over the holidays. There should have been way more time between announcement and implementation.

I fully understand why these changes were made for the health and future of the game, but there were more important things to fix first and it's probably going to do more harm than good in the end.

This isn't fair. I work multiple jobs to support my family. This announcement wasn't up and center. I have played for years and spent lots of money and time on making cards. You guys milled them. I only have time and money to play casually. The holidays just ended and I come to play and even after maxing out on cards I have over 100k scraps and not even all my original premiums as I was taking my time building decks. Please find a way to make this fair. You did this during a holiday, a busy time for parents. This is not cool to do to loyal blue-collar people who work hard to support their families.

This isn't fair. I work multiple jobs to support my family. This announcement wasn't up and center. I have played for years and spent lots of money and time on making cards. You guys milled them. I only have time and money to play casually. The holidays just ended and I come to play and even after maxing out on cards I have over 100k scraps and not even all my original premiums as I was taking my time building decks. Please find a way to make this fair. You did this during a holiday, a busy time for parents. This is not cool to do to loyal blue-collar people who work hard to support their families.
You work multiple jobs and in the holidays you have a busy time as a parent?

When had you had time to play this game, I wonder?

You work multiple jobs and in the holidays you have a busy time as a parent?

When had you had time to play this game, I wonder?

Very late when everyone sleeps about twice a week! Holidays are over and then I come back to the new policy. It was quite a shock.

Also if any cdpr folks read this, I can't get the premium Ivo of Belhaven even with the m. powder. My ranked play isn't working either. Please advise.
Post automatically merged:

Very late when everyone sleeps about twice a week! Holidays are over and then I come back to the new policy. It was quite a shock.

Also if any cdpr folks read this, I can't get the premium Ivo of Belhaven even with the m. powder. My ranked play isn't working either. Please advise.
Ranked is working but still cannot get premium...

Last edited:
I can't get the premium Ivo of Belhaven even with the m. powder. My ranked play isn't working either. Please advise.
Ivo is a Thronebreaker card, and therefore you can only get his premium version by playing said game and finding the card in the world.

Was this change even a post on the GOG store news, the store front you use to distribute the game? You guys didn't do a good enough job communicating this to existing players, especially ones that were inactive, or may have been busy over the holidays. There should have been way more time between announcement and implementation.
They didn't announce it in-game before they actually made this change, but only after that there where an ingame notice which we all saw i guess. But it was to late...
I can can only encourage you to submit a support ticket, because otherwise we will not be heared.

I guess I will just uninstall the game then. I have 374,000 scraps. I never crafted a full premium set after the reset (altho I nearly had one before Homecoming just from opening packs on premium weekends), I only crafted full premium on Monsters cause it is the faction I play the most.

I was waiting to see how the economy would change with new pack types being added to the game. Now my scraps are worthless for premiums, which is what I really cared about collecting.

This is incredibly unfair, and should have been messaged in game before the change. I am now sitting on a mountain of scraps, even if I crafted every non-premium I don't have I would have probably 200k+ scrap left. Please create an extension for people like myself, and sounds like several others in thread. Or just give me a full premium collection and take my scraps to zero, that would be fine.

How do you create a support ticket? Honestly if this isn't addressed I won't play a game I very much enjoy ever again. I won't grind/buy dust to get back cards I already had from spending a lot of time and money.

I have the same problem...

I played a lot Gwent, I spend almost 200€, and now for what?

I have been the last weeks busy with work and familiy holidays, now I have 380k scraps and only a few premium cards crafted...
This is very unfair, and I'm really sad :I

They must really really really want their game to die off. They lost a surge of Beta players after homecoming and now they are going to loose a surge of fresh post beta players (or in my case a beta player who DID like the HC changes).

Now you are basically playing this game with no incentive as the resources you get become essentially useless. Card scarps already felt utterly useless before this update and now they will be more worthless than a wooden penny. With no incentive to continue to play the game the entire F2P model collapses in on itself on the game dies.

GG CDPR, I'm taking my money & and switching from Gwent to Artifact as my main card game.

Yep, this is what I have noticed. People who played the game in Beta have so much scrap left over even after getting every card that they feel like they don`t have any reason to play the game now. It is very weird seeing beta players having 100k+ scraps from 100 hours in beta, and me playing for 30 hours having barely 4k, and most of it from milling the cards I got from Thronebreaker. I have no idea what they did, but economy of the game is very unbalanced because of the long beta and beta players.

economy of the game is very unbalanced because of the long beta and beta players.

No, it's unbalanced because CDPR made it so.

Players can't in any way affect the economy since there's no trading or other kind of interactions between players.

Perhaps CDPR didn't fully think things through when they came up with the full mill plan for Homecoming?

As Archan6el said earlier, they would have been much better giving scraps + powder instead of full scraps when they milled our collections. They would also have probably been better only giving full value for our non-duplicates, with standard mill values for our duplicates. I think players would have considered that fair.

This would have avoided the recent powder / premiums debacle. In particular, people that spent money acquiring premiums would not have been short-changed, especially those who missed out on converting their scraps to premiums before the recent deadline. (The current half price powder sale really is adding insult to injury...)

My guess is that they chose scraps only instead of scraps + powder because of their plan to use powder in HC to make money selling cosmetic upgrades such as board and leader skins. They therefore didn't want Beta players sitting on stockpiles of powder, not needing to spend real money. Only later did they realise that they were going to need to fully monetise premiums too for Gwent to make enough money to be viable (possibly because of Thronebreaker's lacklustre sales). Hence them reneging on their earlier statement that we would still be able to craft premiums with scraps only in future.

Beta players sitting on huge scrap stockpiles obviously created a bigger imbalance between them and new HC players too. Even players that only started just before HC got a significant advantage over new HC players due to the full mill scraps. It must be very off-putting for new HC players, especially with the poor starter decks. (With so many Beta players not playing HC, maybe this problem will correct itself though...)

Surely someone should have foreseen the issues that these decisions would cause. Perhaps CDPR messed up by trying to still be very generous while simultaneously making Gwent more profitable / sustainable, and not quite getting it right.

Their silence in response to this mess is disappointing though.

Perhaps CDPR didn't fully think things through when they came up with the full mill plan for Homecoming? ...
Believe you me - they thought of this VERY WELL and in great depth.

About the silence - they've actually never talked, so if you are new around here - get used to it.

... With so many Beta players not playing HC, maybe this problem will correct itself though...
Had a good laugh here. :D

RIP Gwent. :(

No, it's unbalanced because CDPR made it so.

Players can't in any way affect the economy since there's no trading or other kind of interactions between players.
Hearthstone does the same and it is doing just fine. I dont want to play a game where you can pay to buy any card you want.

Top Bottom