Vampire Bloodlines 2 Thread - All We Know So Far. Chat!

+
Copycat.

Looks pretty awesome though. And did you see that dialogue choice selection? Negotiation, Coercion, mix of standard choices? Pretty cool.

Tsk tsk.. i saw what you did there :sneaky:

:LOL: But yea, it's shaping up quite nicely. Dialogue choice, freedom of movement ((y)(y)), that Brujah punch :eek:

None of those links are working for me. Just says connection failed. The heck. I want extended gameplay!

I'm a little disappointed
Facial animation looks worse than Bloodlines 1.. lol
I'll say it again... Vampire The Masquerade would be perfect if it were produced by CD Projekt :cry:

I don't think it's only animation. Character designs and models were just more stylized and expressive in BL1. This time they look too realistic, like stock models almost. When you go for realism like this, you need more detailed and realistic animation to pull it off. If you don't it looks just stiff.

Looks good, of course the real meat will be the depth of the hubs and the quests for me at least. I dig the verticality given to the city.

I really like the girl that gives the character a mission at around the 2:00 min mark :love:. Model looks good, facial animation expressive enough.. :shrug:

On the other hand.. we have the curly haired dude near the beginning, who's facial expression seems a bit.. stiff. But.. work in progress..

Yeah, I'm also holding back final judgements given its early state. But this game needs a lot of visual polish. Many of the animations are stiff and janky.

Loved the dialogue bit, though. Being the soft-hearted bastard I am, I'd probably have let Mr. "Slug" go, despite the negative consequences of such a decision. Absolutely love that there's so many options (at least, compared to other modern RPGs) and that they implemented dialogue skills. Still hoping for word on that in 2077.

Ehh.. It's not that bad..

That low kick plus vault was pretty good actually. Wallclimbing seemed fine..

I mean.. For something quite far from AAA bugdetz since I don't think PDX has that sort of cash.

Ehh.. It's not that bad..

That low kick plus vault was pretty good actually. Wallclimbing seemed fine..

I mean.. For something quite far from AAA bugdetz since I don't think PDX has that sort of cash.
To each their own. I thought the wall climb looked goofy, as did several others animations.

I'm definitely not expecting god-tier animations here, but even the original game seemed to feel smoother than what I've seen so far.

Visuals aren't everything, of course. I'll play a game that looks like a bunch of wet noodles waving around as long as it immerses me, has a good story, and fun, in-depth mechanics.

Bloodlines 1 was great but a flawless gem it was not. I think we are looking at it through rose tinted glasses a bit on the animation quality side.

Bloodlines 1 was great but a flawless gem it was not. I think we are looking at it through rose tinted glasses a bit on the animation quality side.
It's not so much the quality, it was the smoothness. I felt like things transitioned well in BL1.

Could be rose tinted goggles, definitely. It's been a very, very long time since I last played.

I'm a little disappointed
Facial animation looks worse than Bloodlines 1.. lol
I'll say it again... Vampire The Masquerade would be perfect if it were produced by CD Projekt :cry:

The only thing that is disappointing here is your comment.

It's a pre-alpha! How did you miss that?

VTMB is unfinished game.

Top Bottom