Vincent Van Moorlehem vs Veil

+
He could get order with zeal if there's 2 statuses on the enemy board.
Or just -1 power/-2 power. Provisions are okay.

I agree that all gentlemen have their vices, tho. :ohstopit:

That would be like trying to polish a turd, nerfing the card doesn't solve anything, it either kills it or nothing changes. It needs a redesign, pref along with all the stupid "status" archetype.

Maybe something like this:
Deploy: Damage an enemy by 4. Destroy an enemy unit if there are 3 enemies with status on the board.

There are some strange arguments in here about not using Vincent on low prov bronzes. It doesn't matter about the Prov value of the card you target (unless you're vastly overcommitting - see below), it's more about the current (or even potential) point value of the target. For example, you are absolutely not going to use Vincent on Wild Boar of the Sea, even thought it's a 12 Prov gold, and this is simply because the value you get of 4 isn't worth Vincent's use. However, a Fallen Knight at a value of 18 is absolutely value for Vincent; and on that note, using him on the 4 value base version might also still be value in a long round 3 since you are removing likely high potential point threat. It's not about prov to prov, it's about winning rounds, and using Vincent to remove a low prov bronze threat can absolutely be value if it's central to the win condition of your opponent.

Another example is the Tridam infantry which can get obscene value if left to grow and mature beside an engine. It might only be 4 a Prov bronze, but it can wreak havoc if left to develop.

Where i think people are getting confused is term 'overcommitting prov' and if you over-commit your golds to win a round vs an opponent who has only used bronzes, then yes this can make winning subsequent rounds more troublesome.

In terms of my overall opinion, I think VVM makes Veil rather defunct when playing against NG. Veil was supposed to be a counter (or antidote) to poison and yet what's happened is poison is effectively as strong as it always was and this is because playing Veil against NG just sets you up to be VVM'd. Has anyone seen that Order card that gives Veil being used (Marlene De Trastamara)? VVM is probably the reason why no one has...
It's definitely also about the provision ratio. Not entirely but certainly a significant factor. If it wasn't then Bomb Heaver would actually be considered BAD against any scenario because he trades down every time. And that sounds pretty off, right?

BTW what's that in German he says?
If that's German then I don't know what the German VA for Vincent is doing.
The voiceline is the exact same in at least English, German, and Polish... and one those three versions sounds nothing like German.

Different VAs have very different interpretations of how to pronounce Nilfgaardian, which this voiceline more than likely is.

BTW what's that in German he says? Sth sth meine Harren?
The only thing sounding somewhat German in that taunt is verlegien (or however it's written) from verlegen (
embarrassed) the thing at the End could maybe mean meine Herren (my Lords), although the NG Language seems to be some strange mix of French, German and i don't what else.

The only truly German sounding Words used by Nilfgardians are the Ard Feainn Light Cavalry talking something about Abendrot which means the red sky after the Sundown and Ramon talking something like erzürnen (getting angry) but that's the only thing.

Honorable mention Nithrals "Bloede varh'he!"(Bloody b...ch!) taunt, the way the Voice actor pronounces it sounds 100% like the German Words Blöde Wache (stupid Guard).

Even I as a native Austrian don't understand what this is supposed to mean, don't think this is German. Maybe Nilfgaardian or another old language (he's a vampire after all). I also don't understand the other quote where he says "blood" at the end, but that's probably due to my not really perfect English :D

But I am open for ideas with Vincent like changing from 5 strength to 4 strength with 1 armour or change from destroy to give rupture and additionally reduce his provision costs. Especially the second option I really consider to be nice as then we would have two rupture cards. Furthermore, the strategic options.
1) When I purify, I additionally lose the positive status.
2) When it´s shielded it only destroys the shield.
3) Thirsty Dames benefit from Rupture
Yeah, it's odd that we currently only have one card out of hundreds that has the Rupture ability.

Changing Vincent to use Rupture does seem like the ideal solution, for all the reasons you suggested - plus it also means he can target any enemy unit, not just those that have a status, so one could argue he becomes more versatile, and impossible to brick.

off t
"sceeth allegian main harre" ööööhhhh wut? not german but it sounds a bit like ....meine Herren (dear Gentlemen)

Nilfgard is pretty obvious the medieval roman/german empire and if anyone wonders why brathens got fryed
german -> braten = to fry

on t Vincent and Viel is really a strange interaction. get touched? like a virgin gets touched for the first time? i guess i don't wanna know

Last edited:
Top Bottom