We don't need NG+ right now

+

"WE DON'T NEED NG+ RIGHT NOW"

I can more or less mimic a New game + myself, using mods, but I exceptionally encourage the REDS to implement it for those that want it on the vanilla game. There's absolutely nothing wrong with NG+.

Would also suggest the REDS to consider an (Optional) extreme difficulty setting to go along with it. You'll then offer an entirely new gaming experience with little developer input. Square Enix, Konami and other dev teams, did it a couple of times too with some previous games.

I usually pay no mind what the “You’s” think! But with NG+ gives it a replay ability with no worries. So long they allow us to change attributes but keeping the points. That would totally worth the enthusiasm.

So far all the patches have improved the game a lot making it more enjoyable and with the upcoming patch 1.7 bringing several overhauls, they're definitely going in the right direction. However, it's not enough for me to start a second run/new game+, it would be pointless in the current state of the game.
I don't understand the hurry for a NG+ since this game still has low replayability value due to the lack of impactul choices and empty world.
First, the game needs to be filled with more features and content such as:

1) More interaction with the world (people, objects, bars, billboards, machines, minigames, more activities, etc)

2) More hidden quests not shown by quest marker and secret random events/encounters. Most of the secrets in this game are easter eggs or loot related.

3) Strenghts and weaknesses for each gang, in order to change our approach and tactics in gigs and quests, like in this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/2217

4) Lifepath system overhaul with perks and disadvantages as I wrote in this post https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...-features-list.11050358/page-25#post-12566270

5) Humanity cost and its consequencies: dealing with low empathy (disabling one or more dialogue options, especially those with peaceful resolution in multiple dialogue choices), immunosuppressive medications, Max-Tac in case of cyberpsychosis unless one or more cyberwares are removed.

All of this hoping that Phantom Liberty adds a new ending if not a new branching storyline.
THEN we will talk about NG+.

Sorry for my English.
I would love an NG+, as it is now there is NO POINT in being respawned after the ending, since you have probably done 90-100% of the side quests at that point.
The only reason to be respawned before the point of no return is if all side quests resets, which doesn't happen. As it is now you have to either just use the respawn as a "turn off game and wait for DLC" (which probably is the intention) or rush thru the game the first time not doing any side quests so you have something to do after the ending.

Also for other arguments in this thread... reaching max level is not an argument against an NG+, in fact that's the point of an NG+; you get to replay the whole game with your finalized build.

Most of these Mechanics are things that have been bled dry in other games. We've seen a moral compass mechanic used a lot in games such as Mass Effect or Fallout. If its put into a game like Cyberpunk it would have to be unique to it. Like in the Rep system.
Your actions can effect reputation with groups in the game and might ultimately effect outcome of story too.

I'm sure CTPR can dish out the dosh on more voice acted interactions. but a lot more goes into it then just the Voice acting. New Animations seem to be a challenge to implement into this game..

I honestly think the Street Cred system has a lot of untapped potential in terms of how it is used. In the sequel I'm hoping more stuff is hidden by it, that Street Cred is earned faction by faction, gang by gang, fixer by fixer, etc. I also think it would be neat if NCPD and MT are included in the street cred stuff. I also think it would be neat if certain skills were locked behind it rather than your overall experience. Even access to certain areas being blocked off until you develop enough SC.

If I were them I'd focus on that rather than something like a morality system.

And I also do not think we see something like that in Cyberpunk 2077. If we see anything like this it will be in the sequel.

I cant really see CDPR really putting that much more time and resources into this game other then the next expansion though.

I am pretty sure they already said in an interview that it is the expansion and 1.7 (2.0 - whatever they are going to call the next big patch that has vehicle combat, police overhaul, etc.)... then after that the game is going to start to head toward end of life. Meaning they are going to add some more bug fixes and maybe drop a couple of minor surprises. After that it will be full speed ahead on The Witcher 4, Cyberpunk 2 and I imagine narrative direction for The Witcher remake while the outsourced studio does all of the dev/tech work.

heh never got to level 50 and have completed the game several times on all endings. Not going to grind pointless gigs over and over again just for useless rep that gives me even more useless gigs.
The rep system and gigs are rather repetitive and pointless since they have zero effect on the over all game. only thing they are worth is exp.

Come to think of it never got even half way to 50

I agree that game doesnt need NG+ and it would benefit more with just additinal content. Unfortunately both of those will most likely not happen - except of course expansion and some small extra stuff we will see with it. Its just too late for that game as we can see that CDPR wants to move on after release of Liberty.

Top Bottom