Weekly Poll 9/15/19 - Weather.

+

What weather and effects are you expecting in Night City, circa 2077.

• Total voters
Ha HA! One day left in the week, ( depending how you count it) so there!

It's Fall! Where I am, anyway. Thoughts turn to rain gear, boots, hats, comfort foods. For some of you it's Spring, which is weird as hell for me.

In Night City, in 2019, it is also Fall. in 2077..it'll still be Fall.

Weather affects all of us, nearly every day - our mood, our plans, our lives. Sometimes terminally so. CDPR has said they will have weather in-game, (no snow), and I'd like to see what everyone is looking for. It's Northern California, but in an alternate world where the climate is even harder hit than ours, for the next 50 years. So a lot of things are possible.

More Weekly Polls Here: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/collected-weekly-polls-thread.10984601/

5, 7, and 8.

While we may still have some real-life snow here in mid-April there can never be enough of it in games. It's pretty and also good to have during hot summer days. :D
Never seen hail done in a game -- plus it's fairly rare IRL -- and I wouldn't mind having a first-time experience with it.

I like the idea of weather being able to cause actual harm. I've never seen it done beyond "rain makes you wet, which in turn has effect X" but it sounds pretty cool. Potentially frustrating in the long run, but still cool. :p

I don't have anything close to a 1080ti, and won't by the time the game releases, so options to reduce weather effects would be nice.

2, 4, and 7

How crazy the weather gets depends on the lore around climate change in the Cyberpunk universe. I voted 2, because I'm assuming that the global temperature has risen less than 2C which somewhat rules out really extreme weather, but this could be changed for the game, so who knows.

Snow seems like an unlikely inclusion but it would be cool if they put snow in the game with only a 1/2000 chance that it will snow for a couple of hours at night during the months of January and February. That is unless the world governments pulled a Snowpiercer and cooled the atmosphere by launching come chemical into the air.

Last edited:
Voted for 1 . I'm happy enough with the usual day and night cycle, some rain . Some snow (Its a city, not the country) . Seeing flag flap around when its windy would be a nice touch . Seeing npc seek shelter when it rain , see cars turn on their whipers when it rain as well..and light....fog in early morning and so on .

Stuff like that are more fun to me . (Still waiting for BW to get off its lazy ass and give me a day-night cycle ) .

With the caveat that the "brutal rainstorms" and "shocking lightning" aren't overblown.

The "problem" is CP2020 assumes some sort of extended 1930's style drought/"dustbowl" so you really can't have rain or fog be very frequent. Which is, needless to say unusual for the San Francisco area that's renown for it's fog.

Wasnt acid rains confirmed already?

The question is, will it damage or not?

"Liu didn’t reveal any further details about the acid rain. As such, we don’t know what sort of effect it might have in-game; whether it literally damages the player, or whether it just has some sort of non-damaging detrimental effect. "

"Liu didn’t reveal any further details about the acid rain. As such, we don’t know what sort of effect it might have in-game; whether it literally damages the player, or whether it just has some sort of non-damaging detrimental effect. "

Right, I think it should dmg a player. Little bit.

It probably shouldn't because the pH would be too low, but it probably will, otherwise there's no point distinguishing between acid rain and normal rain.

Edit: pH wouldn't be low enough

Last edited:
It probably shouldn't because the pH would be too low, but it probably will, otherwise there's no point distinguishing between acid rain and normal rain.
I agree it doesn't really make sense for it to do real damage, you could have it impact things that require deep breathing like significantly reducing how long you can run.

I agree it doesn't really make sense for it to do real damage, you could have it impact things that require deep breathing like significantly reducing how long you can run.
This would be a good incorporation of it. If weapon durability is a thing perhaps it causes them to degrade faster until they're repaired?

Maybe it also triggers a side mission where V has to measure, then replenish the calcium content of soil around Night City (if V doesn't do this you get the worst ending no matter what).

I like the idea of the the weather affecting the world, but shouldn't hamper gameplay in any significant way. Being crippled by a lightning strike, slipping on ice, or being knocked about by a gust of wind just before you are about to pull of an epic move would not be fun.

Real acid rain isn't much of a threat to people, moreso to buildings/vehicles. It's a VERY low acid content and people tend to bathe and not stay out in it for the entire duration of the rain shower like a building.

But it wouldn't be a game if certain things weren't exaggerated to ludicrous levels :oops:

But it wouldn't be a game if certain things weren't exaggerated to ludicrous levels :oops:

Also, this isn't 2077. Plenty of unpredicted ludicrousness in the real world now.

Future predictors - pessimists and optimists both - get it wrong alllll the time.

Top Bottom