What do you think Cyberpunk 2077's story is going to be about?

+
I hope that the main story (amongst various subplots) will be a personal vendetta against a particular person (killer of the loved ones or the one that inflicted the injuries that made him a cyborg, ect), or finding a loved one that's gone missing, that sort of thing,

I agree on the "personal storyline" part, but I do disagree on the motive. It sounds a tad generic to have an every saturday revenge or save your family storyline.

I'd rather it was something bit harder to grasp. Mike Pondsmith said Cyberpunk is about saving yourself, and that's a very ripe ground to explore a basic human condition and aspiration in the given world that might lead to a lot of different places. What would it mean to "save yourself" to any one individual and where such might lead him or her. A more of a psychological journey than a specifically concrete one. Such where you start the game and wonder where it might lead you this time around.

Of course it needs to feel motivating and relevant to the character (and the player) so that it isn't just a glorified side quest with a "credits roll" feature at the end. Have a clear beginning and a set of nuanced and strong endings where the player might or might not wind up in and have a closure based on how he's played the game and tackled its dilemmas.

Hellishly difficult to produce and script in such a way that it still feels clear enough and meaningful, no doubt, but that's a place where CDPR can put their money where their mouths are.

...huh. Thought I had already posted in this thread.

Anyhoo.

Whatever they decide to do with the story, I hope there's a lot of morally grey choices, that affect gameplay later on.

I'd like to see a larger overarching story, with different interactions with the story / NPCs / parts of town, depending on what Role your character is. (Of course, this means I'd also like to see Roles in the game.)

Plot of CP 2077 eh?

~ta daaa~

In CP you could pick lifepaths, family, friends, love, loss..etc, It would be cool if the characters personal story revolved around the lifepaths you choose at the beginning. Like you select your character to have a ex girlfriend who you still loved, in the game she could show up later needing your help. The characters personal side stories could be created from the selection you made when creating your character.

As for the main story, I do not mind the cliche, evil corp doing unethical things, saving the city..etc, but those should be side missions and not the main one. Then again, why have one main beginning and ending? It would be cool if we had different main stories depending on what role our character chooses. A corps main story could be to take over the city or inversely free the people. The netrunner main story could be to do the ultimate hack, something that will change the world and make them famous all across the net, a rockerboy is to fight the system through music or chaos..etc Would be interesting a new, but probably would be hard to pull off. Will put that under my ultimate RPG wish.

If it is one big main story, I hope it is something awesome and original. Regardless, it should adjust for the different types of roles of each character and not force each role to play only one type, but give multiple ways to play it out.

In CP you could pick lifepaths, family, friends, love, loss..etc, It would be cool if the characters personal story revolved around the lifepaths you choose at the beginning. Like you select your character to have a ex girlfriend who you still loved, in the game she could show up later needing your help. The characters personal side stories could be created from the selection you made when creating your character.

As for the main story, I do not mind the cliche, evil corp doing unethical things, saving the city..etc, but those should be side missions and not the main one. Then again, why have one main beginning and ending? It would be cool if we had different main stories depending on what role our character chooses. A corps main story could be to take over the city or inversely free the people. The netrunner main story could be to do the ultimate hack, something that will change the world and make them famous all across the net, a rockerboy is to fight the system through music or chaos..etc Would be interesting a new, but probably would be hard to pull off. Will put that under my ultimate RPG wish.

If it is one big main story, I hope it is something awesome and original. Regardless, it should adjust for the different types of roles of each character and not force each role to play only one type, but give multiple ways to play it out.
That sounds pretty interesting actually, in terms of where the story can go and the different roles/ outcomes of an event.

I hope its not going to be another generic corps are taking over robots everywhere kind of story thats been done to death. how about the main character is not trying to save the world. but he's just trying to survive.

I hope its not going to be another generic corps are taking over robots everywhere kind of story thats been done to death. how about the main character is not trying to save the world. but he's just trying to survive.

Yeah exactly.:)

I've said it before but making a plot where it doesn't rush you and can take as much time as you want is a great mechanic to use.

Especially in open world games. I think Fallout New Vegas had this.

A certain amount to "rush" is fine on some missions but not overall.
That was one of the major problems with W3 (Ciri) and Fallout 4 (your son), you were suppose to feel a need to get on with the main questline but of course everyone does the sidequests. That all by itself totally ruins the game immersion.

That was one of the major problems with W3 (Ciri) and Fallout 4 (your son), you were suppose to feel a need to get on with the main questline but of course everyone does the sidequests. That all by itself totally ruins the game immersion.

Again, I know right?

I got to give props again to Fallout New Vegas story, cause it didn't you know rush you.

Since I'm so story-driven (I hardly ever play multi-player games, and I always play single-player games for the story, NEVER combat.), I always rush through the main story, never doing the side-quests. I had to do some, for TW3, just to make sure that I was at the suggested level for each mission, but, besides that, I saved the rest for feature play-throughs. Because of that, I've never had that problem that you mentioned, although I'm sure that my situation isn't very common.

I'm a completionist.
I look under every rock, collect every rusty tin can in Fallout (at least in Fallout 4 I actually have a use for them!), and attempt to speak to every NPC.
What can I say, I use to be an Intelligence Analyst, in that line-of-work that sort of attitude is an asset!

I'm a completionist.
I look under every rock, collect every rusty tin can in Fallout (at least in Fallout 4 I actually have a use for them!), and attempt to speak to every NPC.
What can I say, I use to be an Intelligence Analyst, in that line-of-work that sort of attitude is an asset!

I am the same, and do the same, as you when I play games. I just can not look in that thing over there to see what is in it, and I can just not haul every single thing with me that is not bolted down... EVEN if the items worth is litterally 0 in the game... XD

My excuse though is that I have Aspergers and ADD*. XD

*(ADD is called ADHD-PI these days... ADD/ADHD-PI is sort of like ADHD but minus the "Hyperactive" part of ADHD... XD ...normally not as social either as some people with ADHD can be).

My excuse though is that I have Aspergers and ADD*. XD

*(ADD is called ADHD-PI these days... ADD/ADHD-PI is sort of like ADHD but minus the "Hyperactive" part of ADHD... XD ...normally not as social either as some people with ADHD can be).
If they diagnosed AHAD during the 50's I'd no doubt have been drugged out of my mind. As it was I was just considered a normal, healthy, slightly over-active kid.

I read a post about htis not long ago. Apparently the plot might be about "braindancers", extracting other peoples memories so you can relive them. It is supposed to be mindless entertainment, but might have a darker agenda.

https://devongamershack.wordpress.com/2016/04/06/what-is-cyberpunk-2077-and-what-we-want-to-see/

He does not site any sources, and it seems to be more speculation than fact.

Personally, I take it with a mine full of salt, meaning I don't believe any of it. But I thought I would post it in case you were interested.

Top Bottom