What happened to the MOD

+
I've been out of the CP situ however I'm a bit perplexed after coming back. Nexus still spits out Naked mods and minor insignificant alterations after all this time. I was really hoping for something akin to Bethesda after CDPR released their own mod support. I swear more was happening before the CDPR's own interest into the mod community. What happened?! Are all the great modders like Scissor just waiting out the next patch and the upcoming expansion? Hope so.

It's due to accessibility and ease of access.

The reason why Bethesda games are so modded to the extreme is because firstly Bethesda designes their games so they're easily modded and provides the Creation Kit which is incredibly useful and easy to learn, while most of the community-made modding tools to mod it exist for over a decade since Bethesda still uses the same exact engine for all of its games, including the upcoming Starfield.

Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 however don't have anything even remotely close to the Creation Kit, the official mod support is mostly batch files and scripts for exporting and importing and somewhat editing. If it was an actual all-in-one program with a friendly interface such as the Creation Kit, many more would be interested in modding it.

Plus the game is also still actively supported, which is the bane of every dedicated modder each update :D

I've been out of the CP situ however I'm a bit perplexed after coming back. Nexus still spits out Naked mods and minor insignificant alterations after all this time. I was really hoping for something akin to Bethesda after CDPR released their own mod support. I swear more was happening before the CDPR's own interest into the mod community. What happened?! Are all the great modders like Scissor just waiting out the next patch and the upcoming expansion? Hope so.
It's possible that some of the best modders are waiting for the next patch or expansion to release before putting their efforts into new mods. It's also possible that the community has simply hit a bit of a lull in terms of creativity and productivity. Regardless of the reason, it's important to remember that modding is a community-driven effort and it often takes time for new and innovative ideas to come to fruition.

It's important to keep in mind that each game and developer approaches modding differently. While CDPR may not have the same level of mod support as Bethesda, they may still be making efforts to improve and expand the options available to modders. It's also worth noting that each game has its own unique community and culture surrounding modding, and it's possible that the CP community simply operates differently than the Bethesda community.

Top Bottom