What is your most epic sound track from a game?

+

WHAT IS YOUR MOST EPIC SOUND TRACK FROM A GAME?

Sephiroth's last boss music theme of FF7R. But that's only because it's the latest. I found hundreds of music themes in games that I played in the past epic till this day.

"If the music is good, the game is good." I always say.

Has to be The Battle For Freedom from Final Fantasy 12. I'm not an FF fan, but I loved 12. Battle plays during the final boss battle and I still get goosebumps hearing it. Depending how good you are you can hear the best sections repeated if the battle takes a long time. Skip to 5:00 for some real ear candy.

Eternal Return from the Dragon's Dogma soundtrack.

Finally, The Hunter from Bloodborne, plays during the Father Gascoigne boss.

Well, I'm not going to be very original and I don't know if we could qualify them as "epic" but I could let these three soundtracks run forever... But there are so many soundtracks from so many games that I could also post, like Field of Skelliges or The Trail from The Witcher 3, Revellion or Lohse Song from Divinity Original Sin 2, Sugaan Essena from Star Wars - Fallen Order, Infinite Amethyste from Minecraft or "weirdly enough", the soundtrack of glowing mushrooms biome in Terraria. And indeed, most of Cyberpunk soundtracks....
Video games are just awesome from providing memorable and epic soundtracks...

Last edited:
Ah, so many good ones... But if I have to say just one, this one is probably the most memorable one. It started playing loud just as a huge behemoth (or whatever it was) appeared right in front of my nose. I was impressed (and terrified) by so many things at that moment :D

But if I have to say just one, this one is probably the most memorable one. It started playing loud just as a huge behemoth (or whatever it was) appeared right in front of my nose. I was impressed (and terrified) by so many things at that moment
Yep, I believe it "highly" depend of the emotions and feelings that you feel when the soundtrack is played. Games are great for that (I guess that if we listened these same soundtrack separately, without playing the game, it wouldn't be the same at all).
I suppose this one could also be "epic" at some poin if you played it stealthily in class and got catched by the professor :D

Yep, I believe it "highly" depend of the emotions and feelings that you feel when the soundtrack is played. Games are great for that (I guess that if we listened these same soundtrack separately, without playing the game, it wouldn't be the same at all).
I suppose this one could also be "epic" at some poin if you played it stealthily in class and got catched by the professor :D
Haaa... 8MB NES music. How I miss that. This was one of my favorites. Would stop playing just to listen and dance to it for a while.

It is hard to pick most epic.

I will open with my fave nr. 2 from 2020, the first one in the vid.
See, that leitmotif in the piano is very powerful. Who doesn't wanna go to Miami for Miami Vice!

That was also the upbeat theme of my 2020 PC, I was sporting an i9-10900K and Maximus XII Extreme in TT View 91 TG RGBE in 2020, babe! It is only gone because it got shorted in 2022. Unfortunate accident was power-hungry enough to trip the 1600-watt power supply's protections (Corsair AX1600i). No mobo survives that either... :(

But this... this is my fave from 2020. This specific edition/mix.

Last edited:

This reminds me, Bulletstorm had a fantastically violent OST too:

The Witcher 3, Divinity: Original Sin 2 and Hades all have soundtracks that pop into my head all of the time.

The original Baldur's Gate music had a strong influence on me.

Especially the hovering horns and woodwinds here give the woods that orange, red, pink sunset touch.

And, the dream theme. Always coming with some story about the main character.

For one of the best in the whole series, tho, I would pick the Watcher's Keep theme

, and the Pocket Plane theme. This is where the life of the protagonist is coming into a singularity and they have to deal with all past debts and decisions. Like a rising deity, their story has to become unambiguous. All open questions from the past need to be answered. While that is going on, many fates of other people go grim, villains come out and unleash a hell on the world, and it is the protagonist who needs to come out of their little cocoon and challenge it. Ultimately, the cocoon is gone and the protagonist sets out the path for their future, either ascending into a deity, or returning back to their life. What it has become and what is left of it...

This one is until today, practically the only game I ever played that immediately started with what I find, one of the most epic music themes ever. At the time was very astounded by the sound quality, which to my knowledge was unprecedented as the game was comprised of even less data then most decent pictures; 4MB.

Top Bottom