What was your last game?

+
What was your last game?

Hi, I was a bit bored and I thought it would be fun to know what adventures/campaigns did people play lately.

Because you play cp2020? right? XD

Anyway, here goes mines (I play mainly in forums) to open the thread ...

-Pleasure corporation-
A new corporation has emerged and it sells pleasure robots ... but instead of a metal skeleton with rubber skin they are made of flesh bodies with silicone brains. They marketing division says they buy corpses at the morgue or through their donors program, replace the brain with their advanced hardware and software and achieve fantastic results with it.

Even more, those pleasure bots are considered property, not people so customers can treat them as they wish.

Players enter when they are commissioned to investigate the disappearance of some girls, they quickly found that the corp. is using any resource to pull "wanted" girls from the streets to be converted into "robots". Even celebrities are falling for it.

As players investigate more into it, they discover that the girls are not really robots ... but simple humans with certain parts of the brain replaced and braindanced and chipped for total obedience. At the end of the day, when the corp cannot do anything more to maintain the secret ... they offer and endless supply of girls and money to the players in exchange for secrecy.

-Wanted AI-
Players are contracted to do an assault on a secret facility and extract vital information on the projects conducted there ... when they reach the facility, they find everybody dead and alarms triggered, forcing them to do a dangerous escape.

But just before they escape, they found a virtual reality hidden in one of the servers where the minds of certain scientists are imprisoned there.

Once they have escaped, they analyze the information and get that the facility was investigating some kind of new AI with the ability to extract/copy souls of people into the net. Normally fusing with them to increase their knowledge.

Their mission quickly change to a virtual hunt for the AI with multiple other pursuants trying their luck to get the reward.

Orbital sovereign
In that one the players awake without memory ... they are in a virtual reality and a guy alarm them to escape and meet on a place. They escape the VR to realize they are in an orbital station and have to escape not only the corporation trying to braindance them, but the whole station as they get to extraction capsules to reach earth.

Once there, they are explained that the earth lost its sovereign and the orbital reign with martial supremacy, forcing terrestrians to work for them in exchange of scraps and garbage. They were part of an special operation team to reach the station and kill one of the CEO to try to destabilize the orbital corporation ecosystem.

As the conditions on earth are very desperate, they enter work again to reach the station again and destroy their plans of domination, setting free earth once for all.

What they didn't know is that their earth saviours are simple mafia guys with their own agendas. Mainly, they want that nothing change so they can continue to run their business and exploits. The orbital corps were worried on earth status and were working on a "charity" project to give earthlings a new home into the stars, one with plenty of housing, food and medical care.

In fact, the players were the sons and friends of the CEO but were infected with a mafia virus and sent to be cleaned of their influence. A moment the mafia used to fetch and convince them for their plan. Thanks to their granted clearance in the orbital systems they will manage to destroy orbital plans and doom the earth.

Realising to late of what they have done.

---

And enough of me ... what have you played?

(I don't know if anyone will reply, but well XD)

PS: Sorry for my english :p

Last edited:
Hmmm.

For Cyberpunk? Few years ago now. I just ran a Dungeons the Dragoning game. Pretty cool.

This weekend, I'll be doing Cyberpunk meets Delta Green, the modern Call of Cthulhu game.

Ought to be....interesting. I may update you as we go along.

Currently running an ongoing campaign. I'm running it from an "organized crime" level, with not a lot of corporate espionage (so far.)

Right now, the key antagonists in the campaign are:

- the Triad. Information brokers, favor trading, smuggling, gambling, prostitution.

- the Mafia. Protection rackets, money laundering, and large municipal contracts.

- the Russian mob. Arms dealers and smugglers.

- Earth Liberation Front. Eco-terrorists, who are currently focusing their attention on...

- Biotechnica. Specifically, one of Biotechnica's subsidiaries, operating in Night City.

- the Sinaloa cartel. Drugs and assassinations.

I've also had appearances from:

- the Yakuza

- MS13 (street gang.)

- Rolling 60s (street gang.)

- Militech

but I haven't brought them into play much, yet.

All of my players are playing multiple characters, so I'm advancing the story-narrative from different perspectives. What one group of characters do affects the in-game world for other characters in different factions. Sometimes, I set up my players to play cooperatively.

MOST of the time, I have them on their own agendas for their respective factions. It's more entertaining for me that way. Heh.

Hmmm.

For Cyberpunk? Few years ago now. I just ran a Dungeons the Dragoning game. Pretty cool.

This weekend, I'll be doing Cyberpunk meets Delta Green, the modern Call of Cthulhu game.

I have done that game before it was a lot of fun, but you can never tell when the characters go insane as there is no difference in how they act.

Hmmm.

I run several games under this setting, the game "CthulhuTech" have very cool ideas, but I play it with Cyberpunk 2020 rules

Check it out:
http://www.cthulhutech.com/

Also "Cthonian Stars" is very cool, this one is based on Mongoose Traveller, I like it a lot:
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/91255/Chthonian-Stars-Core-Setting

Last edited:
currently running a cyberpunk game, PCs are hunting a scattered group of Eurosolos across the US. They are learning the hard way about the difference between eurosolos and US edgerunners. I also got them to learn about planning and reconnaissance Before the med bills got too high.

currently running a cyberpunk game, PCs are hunting a scattered group of Eurosolos across the US. They are learning the hard way about the difference between eurosolos and US edgerunners. I also got them to learn about planning and reconnaissance Before the med bills got too high.

Oooh! Details! What are you doing to make that clear?

The books talk about howe much more elite the Circle and the Angels are, but in game terms, how do you represent that? US Solos are pretttty good, being from the mean streets. Angels are supposed to be super-super human.

I presume super high tech gear and superb training and support, but what else? Stats higher than 10? Whole new Special Abilities or skills?

Training and planning are the real advantage to eurorunners (not just solos) most are formally raised educated, and trained from a young age to be agents they also see it as a job not a lifestyle , so are more risk averse and tend to plan more. Most also come from a corporate background, the EU military officially listed in Eurosource and Eurosource plus as Reaction force and a small one at that. The good ones are usually headhunted by the corps or euro PMCs. This corporate attitude permeates there thinking, low key,low profile and covert are the watchwords in Europe corporate wars are run like the cold war, quiet and under the table the big violent things are done overseas in those violent places like America or Africa NOT at home, its the one thing all eruocorps respect break this rule and they ALL come after you. All this means a VERY tight circle to break into without a sponsor or patron, skill and style is more James Bond not the Expendables.

The scary thing is because they all know or Know of one another they tend to train together informally, so when thrown together for an operation they can sync up better than other edgerunners. Eurorunners coming from a small pool of talent also charge a lot more for there services reputation is EVERYTHING to a eurorunner even moreso than any other edgrunner to lose your reputation means a slow decent from an elite lifestyle and lost protections that being one of the elite meaning the cops, rival corps and maybe rival eurosolos will come after you, or worse an exile you from Europe.

When it comes to equipment precision is everything firearms are almost always smartinked and customized for accuracy, suppressors are a must and you will see custom ammunition for the job at hand, equipment will be custom fitted and stylized (no kidding Guccifalge is a brand I introduced marketing to eurorunners and eurorunner wannabees) lots of custom designed concealed stuff not just wepons but tools and electronics. Cyberware is also low key and stylized Europe as a whole has not embraced non medical cyberware like the US and Japan, So major alterations like exotic packages or major frame alterations are almost unheard of. Bioware is huge among Eurorunners both performance enhancing and fashonware and everything is done at the best Scandinavian clinics.

However eurorunners have flaws as well. They tend to not react to changing situations as well as other edgerunners go too far off the plan and its harder to come up with something on the fly, also its a lot harder to operate away from there web of contacts and suppliers (operating away from that is to be planned for but doesn't always happen). Once separated from there comfort zone Eurorunners suffer from a defensive mindset or a reactionary response till they can reestablish contact this can make them vulnerable. The other big weakness is a simple one, they want to live they join clubs they create investment portfolios, they invest in fresh food over prepack because its heather they want to earn a living and than retire not chase the edge till they burn out like most edgerunners, this is in many ways the eurorunners biggest weakness mortality.

wow I kinda ranted on there didn't I ?

Last edited:
Been absent for a while, and it's all quiet on this part of the forums...

Anywho, the last game of Cyberpunk we've been playing has been a game with a twist. It's basically a supernatural twist, with the 4 Horsemen involved. But they're still in the plotting & planning stage. But the last session had a zombie outbreak, so I'm figuring that would be Pestilence. We'll have to wait and see. The thing is, that the guy running it has been feeding out very little info, and most of the time it's not obvious what we're meant to be doing. And he's also running a few red herrings, we've worked out a few, but usually means we've lost time against the main threat.

Sards lying. He took part in a game I ran Iver the net with warsend plus others. About a year ago if memory serves.

You guys are messed up.

Hey, I haven't RUN a Cyberpunk game in years.

I don't count playing games. That's too easy.

Although your game was so short, it practically didn't exist...

We never finished it, didnt even get half way through. If people didnt try to strap C4 to peoples chests as a negotiating tactic, (while said target is watching,) it would have gone a lot quicker.

Still got my notes somewhere

Ye-ahhh. Whose idea was that, anyway? No, it wasn't mine. I mean, I'd do that, but not on that character.

Was that Wars'? Seems kind of Warsian..

The last game I played in was online. It was railroaded. The GM chose the roles so we wound up with 3 characters with very similar skill sets. The GM also split the party more than once leaving one of the players with very little to do for the session.

The last game I ran was set in the Dollhouse verse set up in the last episode of each season. Was set in our time so the ware and armor was not in the game, and the players refused to think. I have ranted enough on this though.

Chaotic

I've still got the notes. I'm tempted to setup a replay.

I missed the craziest bits at the start, where things went hilariously wrong.

Problem is, players do fun-but-nutty things because it's a game. But then they reaaaaaally don't like the consequences of those choices in anything like a consequences-themed story.

So that limits a Ref to responding to - and forgiving - some fairly, ah, "explosive" moves. Which then plays havoc with storylines. Always a challenge, especially in Cyberpunk where player characters are shockingly vulnerable. Despite what they might think.

I missed the craziest bits at the start, where things went hilariously wrong.

Problem is, players do fun-but-nutty things because it's a game. But then they reaaaaaally don't like the consequences of those choices in anything like a consequences-themed story.

So that limits a Ref to responding to - and forgiving - some fairly, ah, "explosive" moves. Which then plays havoc with storylines. Always a challenge, especially in Cyberpunk where player characters are shockingly vulnerable. Despite what they might think.

I have stopped forgiving the stupid things that the PC/players do. No more scripted immunity. It has added to my TPK total but I am strangely okay with that.

I have stopped forgiving the stupid things that the PC/players do. No more scripted immunity. It has added to my TPK total but I am strangely okay with that.
Ha. Two of my players in my current campaign got their characters flatlined, in our first game out.

They've been picking their battles carefully ever since. ;-)

Top Bottom