What will the system requirements be? Lets discuss!

+
My rig
2080ti
i7 9700K
16GB ram
@cd projekt red
Can I manage to get at least 30 fps with 4k resolution plus ray tracing?

Last edited:
@Has_Neyn
Well, in Witcher 3 the GTX 660 is listed as minimum requirement. I am not sure what settings and how much fps it'll allow at this point, I think medium settings should be fine to be able to run it with decent frames per second.

It's hard to say anything for CP2077 until the official share of the requirements.
But since the Red Engine is enhanced and ray tracing added, and the whole world being loaded only once, there may be a demand for a higher tier setup than Witcher 3 required, even for minimum specs.
However, CDPR proved that they can handle optimization very very well, and I am confident that it'll still run on most machines at least with low or medium settings for older setups.

This game is designed to run on current gen consoles. I don't think the system requirements will be to demanding.

Minimum: GTX 960 | i5 4460 | 8 GB SRAM

Recommended: GTX 1070 | i7 7700k | 16 GB SRAM

However, if you want to run this game on ultra settings I guess you'd need at least a 1080Ti | i7 9700k.

This game is designed to run on current gen consoles. I don't think the system requirements will be to demanding.

Minimum: GTX 960 | i5 4460 | 8 GB SRAM

Recommended: GTX 1070 | i7 7700k | 16 GB SRAM

However, if you want to run this game on ultra settings I guess you'd need at least a 1080Ti | i7 9700k.
If you gonna play in 1080p maybe you're right
but 4k i think 1070 is not enough even with medium settings.
I'm pretty sure that i can't play it in 4k with ray tracing with my 2080ti :cry:

If you gonna play in 1080p maybe you're right
but 4k i think 1070 is not enough even with medium settings.
I'm pretty sure that i can't play it in 4k with ray tracing with my 2080ti :cry:

Yeah, you obviously can't play 4k on the GTX 1070, and even the RTX 2080Ti would struggle with 4k. You can watch this video if you're interested in performance versus visual quality.

Do you really need ultra settings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8VrFUi79yo

You need a decent PC to compete with a console. The hardware is a very efficient tailored gaming machine and developers use a range of settings throughout the game to keep things flowing while looking good.

i.e. Have a radeon 580? it'll look better on an xbox x.

You’re making it sound like PC is the weakest platform here.

Also comparing RX580 and Xbox One X? Crafty. Majority of people own regular PS4 and Xbone, not beefier PS4 Pro and Xbone X.

Anyway I wish CDPR proves me wrong and actually makes a game that looks miles better on PC than it does on consoles (unlike what happened with TW3 i.e. crisper textures on PC but nothing drastically different until the mods rolled in) but that is not going to happen due to financial reasons. Gotta move those inferior toasters somehow.

That doesn't make me feel very good about having an RX 570...

I mean, I was able to play The Witcher 3 at high settings with 60 fps, so I think I should be fine with Cyberpunk...? I don't know. I just hope that I'll be able to play at high settings at 60 fps. A bit too much to ask for, I know.
We have no specs yet...its all fear mongering for no reason.

Im sure my 2600, 580 will be fine. Not sure about your 570, maybe OC it?

You cant compare Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077, Witcher 3 came out in 2015, thats 4 years ago. 5 years between then and Cyberpunk 2077 release. The specs will be higher, tho by how much is hard to say.

I future proofed my PC with a b450 anyways tho, so i only swap to a 2700x and vega 56 and im all good if any game ever has a problem.

I am just hoping it will use many core efficiently so something like a ryzen 3800x with 32gb ddr4 ram (3200 cas 14) and at very least a rtx2080, though most likely one of the new "super" rtx cards coming out later this yea I think, will run the game at max setting for 1080p/1440p

My rig
2080ti
i7 9700K
16GB ram
@cd projekt red
Can I manage to get at least 30 fps with 4k resolution plus ray tracing?
who knows? ray tracing is pretty garbage on performance even on 1080P right now so like, its doubtful but we don't know what driver improvements will do.

I just hope that there are a healthy and wide range of settings, from potato, all the way to "WOOOOAHHHH!!!!" :D

For myself I don't "need" Ultra settings, but I do need 3440x1440 at 60fps, though slightly more would be better. :)

i have fx 8350 , 8 gb ram , gtx 1080 ti
will i be able to run high settings 1080p 60 fps?

the FX 8350 is gonna bottleneck the shit out the 1080ti. so possibly not. might want to look at a second hand Ryzen 1700/1800 and probably 16gb of ram. they are likely to be plentiful as the Ryzen 3000 series come out.

the FX 8350 is gonna bottleneck the shit out the 1080ti. so possibly not. might want to look at a second hand Ryzen 1700/1800 and probably 16gb of ram. they are likely to be plentiful as the Ryzen 3000 series come out.
do you think it will be more demanding than assassins creed oddysey? cuz i was running it pretty good

do you think it will be more demanding than assassins creed oddysey? cuz i was running it pretty good

is a lot about how they do stuff, AC:Origins gave a lot of people problems on even very high spec machines because it was doing a lot of decryption on the back end which was murdering performance. Witcher 3 would give you a better idea but as always depends on settings and resolution.

Top Bottom