What will the system requirements be? Lets discuss!

+
I just saw something interesting for all of us using Win 7 / 64 Ultimate. Microsoft (apparently) has announced that Win 7 / 64 will now be able to use DX12 for games. My understanding was that Win 7 simply was not able to use DX12. I'm not clear on all the information just yet, but for a game that uses DX12, the studio would let you download a DX12 plugin for Win 7 / 64. Anyone else heard anything on this or have further information? Could possibly be a game changer (pun intended) for requirements for this game. What was said is the game studios have to make games compatible for both DX11 and DX12 (win 10) and was taking a lot of time. If nothing else, this could be interesting.

I beleive they are bring somekind of plugin for w7 ultimate for World of Warcraft....almost like they were lying about DX12 not being able to work with w7...lol

I beleive they are bring somekind of plugin for w7 ultimate for World of Warcraft....almost like they were lying about DX12 not being able to work with w7...lol

Ya generally speaking when Microsoft pulls that crap, it's not a technical "impossibility" it's just marketing. Anything they can use to try to herd people to whatever they just released is the route they'll go. It was the same with Windows XP / Vista and DX10. Modders later found ways to make DX10 work just fine on XP.

But yes, you're right - WoW DX12 is game-specific. But this does open the door for more game developers to work with Microsoft to get DX12 support for their games on Win7. I'm still on Win7 x64 myself. I'm not completely opposed to migrating to Win10, it's just a significant amount of time investment to complete the migration for minimal gains on my end.

Right now, it is kinda hard to say how well similar setup or exact this one would run the game, setting wise and so on. We are still working on the game and on its aspects. Once we are ready, we will for sure reveal min/recommended specs :-/

As for "promo tours" - if you mean events, we are not confirming appearance on those yet, but stay tuned!
If it doesn't break any company/product confidentiality rules ...
What's the specs on the average PC you folks are using to make CP2020? Obviously the folks working on graphics/rendering have/need higher end machines but your average code monkey at CDPR uses what?

What's the specs on the average PC you folks are using to make CP2020? Obviously the folks working on graphics/rendering have/need higher end machines but your average code monkey at CDPR uses what?
Would also like to know this.

Side note, I found you an avatar for joke day.

Lilayah

CD PROJEKT RED
Unfortunately I cannot share such details :(
I can only share the specs of the PC we used to play demo, but I guess it is already known :)

your selected specs for system is good 580 8gb with 16gb ram and the 2600x processor. must place good graphic card for gaming pc it's most impotent other specs are fine

Ya generally speaking when Microsoft pulls that crap, it's not a technical "impossibility" it's just marketing. Anything they can use to try to herd people to whatever they just released is the route they'll go. It was the same with Windows XP / Vista and DX10. Modders later found ways to make DX10 work just fine on XP.

But yes, you're right - WoW DX12 is game-specific. But this does open the door for more game developers to work with Microsoft to get DX12 support for their games on Win7. I'm still on Win7 x64 myself. I'm not completely opposed to migrating to Win10, it's just a significant amount of time investment to complete the migration for minimal gains on my end.

I have read that MS is now working with other developers to port over DX12 for their games. The Developers simply need to ask/work with MS to do so.

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/world-of-warcraft-uses-directx-12-running-on-windows-7/
FAQ
Any other DirectX 12 game coming to Windows 7?
We are currently working with a few other game developers to port their D3D12 games to Windows 7. Please watch out for further announcement.

How are DirectX 12 games different between Windows 10 and Windows 7?
Windows 10 has critical OS improvements which make modern low-level graphics APIs (including DirectX 12) run more efficiently. If you enjoy your favorite games running with DirectX 12 on Windows 7, you should check how those games run even better on Windows 10!

I have always said w7 and w10 have the same basic architecture, they just tweaked some stuff to make opting out of data gathering harder, force the MS store/cortana and app on us too etc etc. Was more of a marketing thing to try and force everyone on w10 is all.

I have read that MS is now working with other developers to port over DX12 for their games. The Devs simply need to ask MS to do so.

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/world-of-warcraft-uses-directx-12-running-on-windows-7/

I have always said w7 and w10 have the same basic architecture, they just tweaked some stuff to make opting out of data gathering harder, force the MS store/cortana and app on us too etc etc.
As much as I hate Windows 10 in comparison to Windows 7, I have to say, it's not so bad anymore.

I haven't used (or even seen) Cortana or the Microsoft Store in over 6 months, because I've turned off everything related to them. Further, I don't have to deal with telemetry because a free program called ShutUp10 turns all of that off quite nicely (and can even pause/delay Windows 10's extremely buggy, file-deleting updates!)

I know this was not the main point of your post, just wanted to say this.

As much as I hate Windows 10 in comparison to Windows 7, I have to say, it's not so bad anymore.

I haven't used (or even seen) Cortana or the Microsoft Store in over 6 months, because I've turned off everything related to them. Further, I don't have to deal with telemetry because a free program called ShutUp10 turns all of that off quite nicely (and can even pause/delay Windows 10's extremely buggy, file-deleting updates!)

I know this was not the main point of your post, just wanted to say this.

Was editing my previous post so didn't see yours right away..lol

Ah yes the next PC I am building will be with the new ryzen cpu *coming soon* for VR gaming so it will have w10 BUT I think I will use w10 LTSB.

I wonder what in game settings the demo was set to? Comparing it to the trailer (game engine footage) there is a bit of a delta. Some scenes in the demo look a little plain texture-wise in comparison but this is obviously an extremely early build not fully optimized. CPU-wise I think quad cores will finally meet their match with the crowds.

I just need a decent gpu to play @1440p 60 high/medium settings. I never play my games on ultra.
AA - off
Bloom - off
Depth of Field - off
Chromatic aberration - off

I just hate this stuff

Guest 4354762

I just need a decent gpu to play @1440p 60 high/medium settings. I never play my games on ultra.
AA - off
Bloom - off
Depth of Field - off
Chromatic aberration - off

I just hate this stuff

I would say a NVIDIA GTX 1060 or maybe the 2060-2070 are very good price/quality wise :)

Sticking with my 8700k and 1080 Ti. Will lower the settings if I have to, but I'm expecting at least 110-120 FPS consistently.

I am buying a new GPU for my PC and wanted to ask the community of cd projekt red, A GTX 1660ti should be enough for the upcoming cyberpunk game or not? I dont have much requirements, The game should run 60fps with a mix of medium high settings on 1080p. Also which variant should I get? https://appuals.com/best-gtx-1660-ti/ the Evga xc ultra from this bunch seems solid, Personally don't like the looks of the MSI one. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Top Bottom