What would be your preferred response from CDPR?

+

What would be your preferred response from CDPR?

• Don't need public statement, put nose to grindstone and fix like Hello Games did with No Mans Sky.

• I want a response. I want to know how and why the game was released as is and how they'll fix it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Guest 4464734

Same but with Square Enix and Final Fantasy 14. Played that game at release and it is probably the worst MMO if not the worst multiplayer experience I've ever had. Then Yoshida-san took over and they rebooted the game into a 2.0, constantly releasing blog posts and updates on their work, and now the game is my favorite MMO. Gives me hope that CD Projekt can do the same thing here. I hope that after several patches, free DLC and an expansion or two this game will be exactly what was promised.
You're comparing a mmo to a AAA hyped up (FOR 8 YEARS) single player game. Stop.

I don’t need any PR slogans. Honest ones will usually just sprout more hassle, and with vague ones no one does anything.

They should now just fix and improve the game.

Since so much of what they mentioned prior to release didn't come to fruition, maybe it's best they just keep quiet and turn out patches. For my part I'm bailing from the game till they say it's done. Which will be months, if TW3 is anything to go by.

I am a software developer and project lead, not in the gaming industry but I work on large e-commerce projects. I have a pretty good idea how the decision to launch the game was taken. They had to be in the stores before Christmas.
And I am totally fine with that. With a game like this the development costs are so high they literally bet the survival of their company on the success of the game.
This game is currently unique in style, scale and immersion and I am more than happy to put my 60€ into a game that will be a masterpiece if the company survives. To program something so complicated like cyberpunk is a much bigger challenge then the next <enter well known game series>. And judging from CD Project REDs track record with the witcher games I am sure that all Bugs will be addressed.
I expect a large patch for the console versions is already on the way because they suffer the most right now. Also I expect that the PC Version will be patched more often because this patches don't have to go through Sony or MS.

I honestly don't care about some PR statement about the game's release. The only thing that matters, to me, is that the current issues get fixed. But considering how much they messed up this game's release, and how lacking the open world is, I'm not expecting much. I guess I'll just finish the campaign and move on.

I would want a public statement just for the sole purpose that I want them to be real with us on what happened which I doubt they'll detail but at least accept that they screwed up. I would also want them to tell us going forward whats their plan on addressing the current issues and whats to come in the future.

I don't know how they could possibly say anything to address the state of the game without coming off as incredibly disingenuous due to the fact that they sold it to us with a straight face.

What I do wish is that we might hear a more clandestine, firsthand account from one of the devs to whom the project is perhaps more special as compared to upper management. That is the only kind of "response" that I would give any merit to, whatsoever. But even then it's hard to know what to trust.

As others have said, the only thing that matters is for them to fix the fucking game. And not only that, but add what's missing. This game is a far cry from the game that was advertised. It is not in line with the expectations that were set by CDPR themselves. It's an abysmal failure on almost every front: RPG, FPS, and open-world (not to mention in terms of storytelling, as well).

Given the state of the game and how long it apparently took to get even this far I would not think that we'd have the game we were advertised for at least another 2-3 years, if that. I'm not holding my breath. Seeing as how CDPR isn't some no-name indie studio like Hello Games once was, I am really skeptical of them actually taking any serious initiative to fix the game like Sean Murray and co. did with No Man's Sky.

It will certainly be interesting to see what unfolds over the coming weeks and months. My expectation is that they'll fix technical issues and that will be about all. I don't feel confident that they'll overhaul the RPG elements (the player progression, the looting, the clothing system) nor that they'll add halfway intelligent NPC AI (not to mention cars that don't follow pre-determined paths), nor that they'll add to the origin story instead of it being 15 minutes followed by a 60 second long montage substituted for actual gameplay, nor that they'll actually give the player more meaningful choices or ways to progress through the story, nor that they'll expand on the overall open-world and the player's ability to interact with and be immersed within it, among several other things that are wrong with the game.

That said, I'd love to be proven wrong.

They should admit the launch was a failure (it was), apologize for lying (they did lie about the state of the game on consoles), say they'll honor any and all refunds (at least to a specific date, lets be realistic) and that they'll work to provide patches and to iron out not only the bugs but also add the features that were supposed to be in the game, but seem to be absent.
Post automatically merged:

It will certainly be interesting to see what unfolds over the coming weeks and months. My expectation is that they'll fix technical issues and that will be about all. I don't feel confident that they'll overhaul the RPG elements (the player progression, the looting, the clothing system) nor that they'll add halfway intelligent NPC AI (not to mention cars that don't follow pre-determined paths), nor that they'll add to the origin story instead of it being 15 minutes followed by a 60 second long montage substituted for actual gameplay, nor that they'll actually give the player more meaningful choices or ways to progress through the story, nor that they'll expand on the overall open-world and the player's ability to interact with and be immersed within it, among several other things that are wrong with the game.
Some of the things you mentioned could be possible. Like - I don't see them changing the story either, but it would certainly be possible to add interactivity to the city, from barber shops / plastic surgeons to working food stalls, or a better AI. It seems these things are technically feasible - if CDPR actually does anything about it is a different question.

The sad truth is, I would have paid 100 dollars for this game... even more if it was what was promised. It's absolutely not.
Lord knows people who payed $60 for this should be angry. I would never have bought it at full price. It was in development hell and when they brought in the reddit meme man I knew it was in trouble. About 20 hours in it is exactly as I expected though keanu is the worst part and his introduction is so jankie with constant loads screens it went from a 10/10 to a 5/10 at best.

Console users should really be looking at getting a class action going though. These practises will never change unless you hurt their bottom line. The mechanism exists in the EU for it already. The hiding of game footage from the xbox and ps4 showed they knew 100% the state of the game.

Can this not be one and the same?
I mean, am I missing something? Can you not fix the problems and then issue a public patch note response? I know you guys must be pretty busy with all the problems you're now coming to realise but it can't be hard to just knock up a graphic with some patch notes on it after......

.... And offer a free copy for PC version so they can play while they fix this mess.

And you're under the assumption that console players happen to have a pc rig laying around to use.... I know as a casual gamer.... I certainly don't. A blind offering of 'free' wouldn't help, like, 60 or 70% of console players.....

Just want to point out the whole CDPR is not your friend its a business thing is just a terrible way to look at it.
Why because its not about being a friend its about not being a arse. We all know its a business, but being a business shouldn't be a free pass to screw customers over. This is not a shot at CDPR (been pretty decent but disappointing of late with some of the stuff going down) but companies in general. Bottom line is you need not choose being decent over profit!

I'm in favor of refunds, refund petitions and sueing. The misleading marketing of this game was a company bad practice and I'm shure that as a consumer we all have the right to fight for our rights. In US, games usually cost $60.00. Here in Brazil games cost R$250.00. That's a lot of money to spend in a game. I believe we should do everything in our power to make this stop. This company got at least 480 million dollar selling a broken product with pre-sales alone. If it was a phone company, like Apple or Samsung, I doubt that we would stay stoped just watching them counting their bills.

Those who can, sue them. Organize and sign petitions, make pressure. Make CDPR know that this is the last time they will do something like that.

Aside from the purchasing price of the game itself, I bought a 250.00 SSD and a PS4 Pro specifically for this game so I understand how you feel.

Just want to point out the whole CDPR is not your friend its a business thing is just a terrible way to look at it.
Why because its not about being a friend its about not being a arse. We all know its a business, but being a business shouldn't be a free pass to screw customers over. This is not a shot at CDPR (been pretty decent but disappointing of late with some of the stuff going down) but companies in general. Bottom line is you need not choose being decent over profit!

What I meant was that for people like myself who tend to be too idealistic even knowing the reality, we (myself and gamers who think like me) would do well to bite the bullet and realize that it's about dollars and nothing else with any and all corporations and stop letting our passion for games shape our purchasing decisions. Stop supporting the companies that say one thing but do another etc because it only hurts us the gamers and the hobby that we love.

That said, I'd love to be proven wrong.

Personally my future business is largely hinged on the fixing and improving of this game. As you said, Hello Games was a tiny indie company and they showed what is possible when a game dev truly cares about their game and the people who support them. The bar has been set. I know what it's like for a game to be backed by more than empty words. I know what it means to be appreciated as a gamer, person and customer and by contrast I know what it's like when that care and appreciation is not there.

Last edited:
You're comparing a mmo to a AAA hyped up (FOR 8 YEARS) single player game. Stop.

I would agree that comparing those two games together is perhaps......apples and oranges.

However, i also think the concept is the same with the two. There are issues that need to be dealt with in a timely manner. Its been proven over and over with past disasters that gaming companies can bounce back and redeem themselves.

-------------------------------------

My honest opinion.....fix the game and thats it. Nobody needs to hear anything about what we have and dont have now. The game is here. I mean realistically, a gaming company doesnt have to say anything to anybody. Is that the ideal way to handle it?.....no its not.

I think in this case, patience is a virtue. I see Hello Games being heavily compared to this situation.....and that took how long to fix?

/shrug

I think in this case, patience is a virtue. I see Hello Games being heavily compared to this situation.....and that took how long to fix?

/shrug

We're definitely in for a wait and a long process if CDPR intends to make things right but if that process means they actually fix and improve the game then I'll be satisfied and I'll continue to support them. With Hello Games it did take several months (maybe a year or two actually) but they're a small studio making indie games and even though it's not ideal, I'd love to have a reason to keep playing CP2077 long after launch.

As it stands right now though, I haven't even beat the game, the endings been spoiled for me and I don't even care. Right now, the game is like someone I thought was a friend who stole from me to get high.

I want them to make it playible for everyone from the start. Gatting sick of trying every fix and getting nowhere and the same error pops up "cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined". I dont get why i cant make it to work when clearly my PC is not weak or under power for this game i dont know if it is the game or my PC.

Well, after all gameplay videos and news about how stuff will work and seven years of waiting for this bland game with almost 70% cut content? I would really like to know where and why they lost their flame and enthusiasm. Its like they gave up on the project 2 years ago.

Public response. Use a yellow screen for the fun of it. Not out of spite, but as sign of comprehension and to actually register what happened.

While many expect fixes in the end primarily (and they will surely come!), staying "hush hush" actually sends a bad signal.

Paul Watzlawick, I think, once said "You can not not communicate". Even not saying anything at a time or in or after a situation can "say" something or indicate something. A public reply about it also means or shows the problem was 'registered' clearly on the management side of things and that steps are taken to fix it and to prevent it for the next release, when/if it comes.

Top Bottom