What would Fix the game for you?

+
I would love the ability to dump a body into the truck of our vehicle and take them to a new but shady ripperdoc for harvesting.

Could be a cool way to unlock cosmetic cyberware or outfits.

Like, say you deliver enough bodies that you’ve earned enough unique currency and cred with that ripper doc to buy special outfits that make V look like various Maelstrom gang members… and I don’t just mean threads, but the cyborg faces, etc.

Option to turn more hud elements off, but a big one is to be able to turn off vignette when your crouched and add flashlight please, it would be a nice touch with Ray tracing on, also buffs when hooking up with joy toys and deeper romancing as in dates which could also give you buffs

A happy ending... But after watching Netrunners, it seems happy endings are not cool in the CP universe.

A happy ending... But after watching Netrunners, it seems happy endings are not cool in the CP universe.
We do have endings that give a sliver of hope to V. The Sun and The Star are the most hopeful IMO. I don't believe in the whole "it's cyberpunk, therefore no happy endings" trope.

Since weapon icons don’t always match the weapon skins, having the ability to preview our weapons while in our stash or inventory would be a nice fix.

This feature is enabled when browsing store inventories. (We can also preview weapons after we sell them and “buy back” any we wish to keep.)

But it’s nonsense that outside of stores this useful feature is disabled for both our our inventory and stash.

Edit: Also, why are Filters disabled for our stash? Those should be enabled too!

Last edited:
We need a mission respawn system. Basically, once yo0u hit endgame, the world of night city is a fucking ghost town. The gigs are what populate the world, and when they are deplted, night city is dead. What we need is the following:

1. Respawning goons that replace all the goons we killed.
2. Angry drivers that get into armed conflict with us if we get into an accident with them.
3. Scaling enemies that can actually hurt us. (this includes angry drivers and respawning goons)
4. Repeatable kill missions that spawn a kill target and associated goons.
5. Interactive missions of steal X type of vehicle, and deliver it to Y place for a reward.
6. A reputation system where your reputation per district is tracked, and decays if you dont let the locals know your the boss.
7. More romances, as well as more sex scenes with romance targets.
8. More thefts and stealth jobs (all repeatable ofc)
9. Respawning jobs that directly take us into direct conflict with ncpd.
10. Public pickpocketing, a pickpocket related skill tree (or just a boos to stealth tree) and pickpocketed enemies turn hostile if they detect you pickpocketing.
11. An evil/good meter.
12 A wanted by the ncpd reputation meter.
13. More cop interactions when wanted.

- An iconic Ninja outfit, such as Metal Gear, for those who want to wear a V Cyberninja character.

- An upgrade that allows you to use fully loaded tech sniper rifles while sniping, without the weapon shaking, preventing proper aiming.

- Skippy 2.0: As to complete all the Regina Jones missions we have to deliver Skippy, preventing us from completing our collection, I suggest doing a new mission in which V gets another model of the same weapon at the end, which takes its place in the apartment wall.

Non-existent physics, poorly applied shadows, low resolution textures! I'm playing on PlayStation 5.

Attachments

• 20221110_040928.jpg
    20221110_040928.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 48
  • 20221110_034822.jpg
    20221110_034822.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 46
  • 20221110_034521.jpg
    20221110_034521.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 39
  • 20221110_035129.jpg
    20221110_035129.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG-20221110-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20221110-WA0002.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 20221110_040535.jpg
    20221110_040535.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 50
  • 20221110_034855.jpg
    20221110_034855.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG-20221110-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20221110-WA0010.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
The more I play, the more I wish the player had access to self-driving vehicles, as well as flying vehicles.

It’s a shame players/modders can bring these things into existence through their creativity and efforts… but the paid professionals can’t (or more likely the case, won’t.)

Edit: Also, for enemies to drop what they’re actually wearing. Been taking down the same corpo netrunner over and over, but he never drops his trench coat nor boots… just his eye gear and some miscellaneous pair of office shoes. Dumb.

Last edited:
1) Having a lot more interaction and side stories that stem from V's Megabuilding and Lizzy's Bar.
2) A more engaging CORPO story that has it's stand alone feel from the other two life-paths.
3) Better luxury apartments that feel more rewarding after the grind you spend to earn it.
4) Game + mode that gives V access to different areas and story missions that were not first accessible during the vanilla playthrough.
5) Braindance side story missions.

The give features I mentioned above would keep Cyberpunk 2077 going for another four years or so. There is so much unused content that CDPR could tap, to give gamers a better experience. This is not even including Phantom Liberty. There is so much more to Night City that we have yet to see. Consider the possibility that it doesn't have to center around Arasaka, Silverhand or V- him/her. I would have loved the CORPO playthrough to place V an an employee for a competitor corporation. This would have made the CORPO playthrough a lot more interesting.

Well, I only played the game in the first month of a release and I had one glaring issue with it that can not be fixed with patches and updates.
In all marketing efforts CDPR done prior to the release, we were promised an actual RPG game, but what we got is an action adventure at the best.

You can still see the remnants of initial plans for the game to be an RPG in the fact that you get to chose a character background, and even one of the first missions thrown at you allow for many different approaches and actual player agency, where you CHOOSE how to finish the mission.
In one playtrough, I had the Militech lady survive the whole sequence, i another playtrough that wasn't the case.

But that is just one mission :( Where is that through the rest of the game.
Skill tree is just a percent change :( 20% to this 10% to that :(
Randomized legendary loot.... in a single player game. WTF CDPR? Do you really expect me to save -> loot -> reload on each legendary item? Who thought that is a great idea??? I dunno if this changed two years later though.

World state is non-existent. World itself is only pretty to look at and that's it.
Story is shallow, and often times i found that other guy Johhny Silverhand was stealing the show and the entire story actually being about him. Such a forced marketing move to have a celebrity in the game for no particular reason.

But the icing on the cake, is inconsequential decision options. I guess CDPR sent their best narrative directors to Bethesda and Bioware to learn how to make inconsequential dialog trees. War never changes amirite....

Sigh... the game in that state was definitely not what was promised to us. I never really had high expectations. I only listened to the pre-release material shouted by CDPR and then balanced my expectations based on those statements.

Sure, some of the bugs this game was known for can and will be fixed with patches, but at the end of the day it is not the game they were selling to us before december 2020, and it never will be.

In one playtrough, I had the Militech lady survive the whole sequence, i another playtrough that wasn't the case.

But that is just one mission :( Where is that through the rest of the game.
Two points on this one.
First:
A corp like Militech probably does not care at all about little old V. Yes, you did a job for them, but the overall attitude is not one of trust and friendship, so they probably forgot all about you after that gig.

Second:
The consequences of that mission are not served on a plate, because again.. who are you to think that Militech cares about you? But you can actually find out the whereabouts of the Militech lady.

I guess classical RPGs create a world around the main character, while in Cyberpunk, you are a small fish.

You make some good points from a perspective of a Cyberpunk 2077 story line, but that was not even close to the message I was trying to convey.
The point is, in this early mission, game is literally showering the player with agency, allowing them to actually chose how to solve this one particular quest. One can go in many different directions here. The best possible parallel I can draw is that one quest with the tree in The Witcher 3 where you choose how to deal with the spirit which will have far reaching consequences that are not immediately obvious, but will inevitably smack the player hours later trough their journey. And that is great, it is actually awesome.

So the thing I was trying to explain, in this early quest, you could clearly see the narrative team planned much bigger things for this game, being an actual RPG with consequences for your chosen actions, which unfortunately vanished somewhere along the rest of inconsequential lines all the way to the rest of the game. Heck, to make things worse, player will chose type of ending they want based on a single conversation at some random balcony, everything you did prior to that is completely irrelevant. That is not how RPG should work in my book :(

You make some good points from a perspective of a Cyberpunk 2077 story line, but that was not even close to the message I was trying to convey.
The point is, in this early mission, game is literally showering the player with agency, allowing them to actually chose how to solve this one particular quest. One can go in many different directions here. The best possible parallel I can draw is that one quest with the tree in The Witcher 3 where you choose how to deal with the spirit which will have far reaching consequences that are not immediately obvious, but will inevitably smack the player hours later trough their journey. And that is great, it is actually awesome.

So the thing I was trying to explain, in this early quest, you could clearly see the narrative team planned much bigger things for this game, being an actual RPG with consequences for your chosen actions, which unfortunately vanished somewhere along the rest of inconsequential lines all the way to the rest of the game. Heck, to make things worse, player will chose type of ending they want based on a single conversation at some random balcony, everything you did prior to that is completely irrelevant. That is not how RPG should work in my book :(
Not sure if I understand you better, because it still seems that you simply don't know the consequences of that early quest.. there are consequences to the Militech agent and to the Maelstrom group, all depending on your choices. I think you have 2 outcomes with Militech and 3 with Maelstrom (maybe more), all leading to different events in the future.

Yes, you can chose the ending, but you worked a lot for the options you have. So if you did things differently with Johnny/Rogue or Takemura/Hanako, some endings might not be available to you in the end. Not sure if you can screw up all the endings, but they all have certain requirements.

Not sure if you can screw up all the endings, but they all have certain requirements.
As far as I know, only 2 don't have any requirements and are always available (I could be wrong)> Suicide (obviously) and Devil endings.
Temperance, The Star, The Sun and Don't Fear The Reaper are all locked behind decisions/actions you made before. So if you have the "choice" on the roof, it's because you did the "right" things before :)
The Star > You need to complete Panam questline.
The Sun > You need to complete a part of Johnny's questline (Blistering Love).
Temperance > You need to have The Star or The Sun available.
Don't Fear The Reaper > You have to reach a certain amount of "appreciation" with Johnny.

Well, let me try to explain with spoilers then, which I deliberately tried to avoid because game is living it's second life and there are maybe people who read this for the first time.

I have clocked enough hours with Cyberpunk to see every quest and see every ending, so you can be assured that i know how to find Meredith later in the game in No Tell Motel with entire BDSM sex scene where you also get the dildo weapon, that's not my point.

The sole fact this exist in the game and it is the outcome of one of the first missions you get to resolve, and the fact that you can go in a different direction and never actually see this, clearly shows that early quests of the game were designed with potent RPG background.
As soon as you finish this quest, this kind of "choice and consequence" is forever lost through out the entire game. Sure there are few minor choices here and there later through the game, but they all fail in comparison, that's why I compared them to Bethesda and Bioware later in my original ramblings. If you ever played the Bethesda game, or say Dragons Age Inquis---Inconsequential, then you'll understand, i tried my best.

Last edited:
and the fact that you can go in a different direction and never actually see this, clearly shows that early quests of the game were designed with potent RPG background.
The different direction being not helping the female agent? The outcome is explained to you by this other guy who replaces her.. And you can see this, if you want to. You won't get a message pointing you to the location though..

And that is great, but once again, I am not talking about the content of the quest, I am talking about the quest design structure.
Do X to see Y and Z and miss the whole rest of the alphabet, or go the other way around. This particular quest is lone example of a good RPG quest design structure in CP2077.

The bad quest design structure, or maybe that is the harsh word, lets say it non-RPG quest design structure follows after that which only give you an illusion of a choice, or gives you few key turning points that will decide the ending you'll going to chose. The keyword here being chose. Ending in RPG should never be pre-determined by your choice, but rather culminate as a consequence of ALL your actions through the entirety of the game.
Post automatically merged:

Please read and comprehend the entire original post https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...e-game-for-you.11057690/page-49#post-13532221

The message i was trying to convey is that Cybepunk is not and RPG although the very first quest design choices were clear indication that CDPR have had plans for CP to be an RPG

If you remember the early days of www.cyberpunk.net website this game was advertised as an RPG, but that line was quickly removed from all early promo materials.

Last edited:
The bad quest design structure, or maybe that is the harsh word, lets say it non-RPG quest design structure follows after that which only give you an illusion of a choice, or gives you few key turning points that will decide the ending you'll going to chose. The keyword here being chose. Ending in RPG should never be pre-determined by your choice, but rather culminate as a consequence of ALL your actions through the entirety of the game.

I am sorry, but still not getting it. Now you are saying that the ending should not be a result of your choosing, but of your actions... so does that mean, that (to you) a choice is not an action?

Also, I am not sure about what you mean by "pre-determined by your choice".. if choices do not determine our actions, what else should?

And the endings do in fact depend on many more actions, because you need to act a lot in between taking the chip from Jackie and deciding on the ending with Johnny on the rooftop. All your main-story actions lead you to that moment.
To give the simplest of all examples.. to get to the rooftop, you are required to chose to talk to Takemura at Tom's Diner.

So therefore, many actions (intentionally doing or saying something) are necessary steps towards all endings.

Top Bottom