What’s coming in Update 2.0: Vehicle combat and car chases

+
I completely get this. As far as the story goes, I feel like I would have to go majorly “off-script” and break character to deliberately harm civs in order to experience a police chase. I’ve never really understood the desire for changing the police system for those types of accidents because the story doesn’t provide any rational motivation to basically go evil in the first place. I always reload an earlier save whenever I accidentally get civs hurt anyway.

That being said, I’m glad the people who wanted this have it now, but indeed, I hope it’s still easy to avoid unnecessary conflict with them.

Something worth bearing in mind though, which is something I don’t see many people talking about, is the fact that this isn’t just for the NCPD. This also applies to Militech out in the Badlands, and Barghest out in Dogtown. So while it may not make much sense for V to provoke the NCPD in the city, having the system kick in out in the Badlands surely does. Militech are actively hostile to civs so it makes sense why V might choose to kick that hornet’s nest. Presumably it’s the same with Barghest but we’ll see I guess.

Imagine being chased by Militech, cops, and some random thugs that are around doing thug things to which the cops will turn a blind eye...

Those systems were something people definitely asked for so great. Personally, I`m a bit worried that most of what we heard so far is upgrade for shooting, car chasing and other combat shooter mechanics. I do hope that we will get a lot on the RPG level in terms of diversity of quests, branches and normal city interactions.

This Thursday we will have the opportunity to know more about the news.

Night City Wire is back - with a special #PhantomLiberty episode! We'll talk about new radios, learn more about Reed from Idris Elba himself, discuss gameplay & new abilities... and throw in a surprise or two. Don't miss it!

There are many chances of having patch 2.0 after Night City Wire.

View attachment 11361292
There is a good chance that they will give us patch 2.0 after the Night City Wire.
This Thursday we will have the opportunity to know more about the news.

Night City Wire is back - with a special #PhantomLiberty episode! We'll talk about new radios, learn more about Reed from Idris Elba himself, discuss gameplay & new abilities... and throw in a surprise or two. Don't miss it!

There are many chances of having patch 2.0 after Night City Wire.

View attachment 11361292
There is a good chance that they will give us patch 2.0 after the Night City Wire.
I agree with that last sentence, just like last February.

So can't wait, sound really good. just wanted to ask if DLSS3.5 will be also included or supported in the 2.0 update or that it will launch with the upcoming dlc?

So how will this affect existing quests like the races with Claire?

Also, will this impact the scripted car chases and combat already in the game?

Top Bottom