What's the worst thing that can happen during CDPR's E3 presentation?

+
What's the worst thing that can happen during CDPR's E3 presentation?

To me the worst scenario is if CDPR shows another cinematic trailer instead of a gameplay trailer. Sriously? You wait 5 years to get another video that doens't represent what's the game actually like?! Pls no cinematic trailer

What about you guys?

EDIT: After a few comments I realise now that an underwhelming gameplay is the worst possible scenario to me

Last edited:
Hey there, I made an account just to answer to this.

For me the worst thing that could happen is misrepresentation of the final product. I was please with the way TW3 was represented at E3 so many years back. It looked gorgeous and exemplary of how "next gen" would be. The graphics were crazy advanced and it was something I could not have could not have dreamed of. At release there was a significant technical downgrade which to me made a generic game instead of a recreation of what I though open world RPGs could be. Not so say there's not things I love about TW3, but my expectation was not met. This is a common trope in my experience with gaming though. Looks like I'll now have to accept this as a sticker puncturing my skin.

I would not mind a cinematic trailer, I love cinematic trailers. They're gorgeous! I would like to see a step up in CDPR's production though. I was not impressed by 2077s original cinematic trailer nor TW3's opening cinematic. But I did enjoy TW2's opening cinematic, TW3s A Night to Remember cinematic: they were attention getting. Although the Witcher 1 definitely had superior cinematic trailers in my opinion. The opening video for the Witcher 1 will remain to be one of my favorite cinematic for sometime. It was fantastic, imaginative, and tangible. And I loved the graphic novel type aesthetic influence that was placed in there.

As I write and think about this I'm convinced if my expectations are not exceeded, then that would be the worst thing that could happen. I need to feel some excitement from gaming again. Perhaps I just need a life is all, actually.

I think it's highly unlikely they'll show just CGI. First off, they know that would be a disappointment to everyone given how long ago the game was announced. Secondly, they have a good track record of showing actual gameplay early in development. They did this with all three Witcher games. My guess is they might have both CGI and gameplay ready for E3.

Last edited:
atomic_rectum;n10788831 said:
Hey there, I made an account just to answer to this.

For me the worst thing that could happen is misrepresentation of the final product. I was please with the way TW3 was represented at E3 so many years back. It looked gorgeous and exemplary of how "next gen" would be. The graphics were crazy advanced and it was something I could not have could not have dreamed of. At release there was a significant technical downgrade which to me made a generic game instead of a recreation of what I though open world RPGs could be. Not so say there's not things I love about TW3, but my expectation was not met. This is a common trope in my experience with gaming though. Looks like I'll now have to accept this as a sticker puncturing my skin.

I would not mind a cinematic trailer, I love cinematic trailers. They're gorgeous! I would like to see a step up in CDPR's production though. I was not impressed by 2077s original cinematic trailer nor TW3's opening cinematic. But I did enjoy TW2's opening cinematic, TW3s A Night to Remember cinematic: they were attention getting. Although the Witcher 1 definitely had superior cinematic trailers in my opinion. The opening video for the Witcher 1 will remain to be one of my favorite cinematic for sometime. It was fantastic, imaginative, and tangible. And I loved the graphic novel type aesthetic influence that was placed in there.

As I write and think about this I'm convinced if my expectations are not exceeded, then that would be the worst thing that could happen. I need to feel some excitement from gaming again. Perhaps I just need a life is all, actually.

Good points!

And don't worry about having a life. Gaming is 80% of my life and I couldn't be happier. :p

I actually loved the original 2077 trailer but completely agree about A Night to Remember, it was wonderful. The original Witcher cinematic was great, too, as was TW2's.

I don't think you have much to worry about as far as misrepresentation goes this time. They apparently want to do something similar to Bethesda where they release the game shortly after showing it off. If that still holds true, I think there'll be much less room for graphics to drastically change in the ~6 months (or so? maybe longer? who knows) until release.

I don’t really believe they will show a CGI trailer only, there’s too much at stake for that to happen with all the hype now.
Therefore, the biggest disappointment would be a short trailer that tells us nothing. I want some details about the game, be it during the conference or at one of the booths (like with IGN and Gamespot back in 2014).

An asteroid strikes the earth and everyone dies.

But seriously - I think the worst thing that could (realistically) happen would be they show something and it significantly underwhelms. So basically something similar to what kofe said ... but on a grand scale. That would be worse than them showing nothing IMO.

Last edited:
metalmaniac21;n10789681 said:
Would be pretty disappointing to see no gameplay aside from cutscene + basic gameplay loop in form of popamole shooting.

I'm kinda dreading the idea that the effect might be similiar to when I saw the first trailer of Fallout 3... It looked somewhat entertaining as a trailer, but... it was nothing like what it should've been considering what it was based off of.

Last edited:
CP2077 is revealed to be an FPS team deathmatch where each team represents a street gang, and they fight over a one city block section of the Combat Zone (the only map/area created for the game).

Last edited:
Top Bottom