What's your favourite piece of music from The Witcher games?

+
The Witcher 2:

The part at 1:20-1:40 always has me stopping in my tracks and listening. It's so beautiful.

Oh. Just ... oh.
I was trying to compose something some months ago, it was a piano thing. A part of it sounds pretty much like that 1:20-1:40 part. And I was always wondering why it sounded so familiar. Now I know.

There is so much good music in TW games, so it's hard for me to pick up the best. In TW1 I love the creepy music. Lots of it in there. And second game with it's vocal parts. It much warmer visually and musically.

TW2 sounding more... friendly, isn't it?

And here a few combat tracks for a change.

[video=youtube;N-6z90ga4cU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-6z90ga4cU[/video]

and the combat music like "Song of the Sword-Dancer" is exhilarating.

Do you know the lyrics? It's a folk song, but hearing the lyrics with TW3 in mind, it becoming a spoiler for the game.

If someone's interested:

It's about kidnapping of a girl and a man who wants to rescue her. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh lord those vocals in that first clip from TW1. Shivers down my spine. I have to agree that TW2 has a more welcoming set of vocals, more optimistic, but I'll always maintain it was appropriate for the main theme of Geralt stuck in a political shit storm, while the creepier tracks of TW1 accentuated how incredibly alone you felt in places like Vizima and the swamps. In the end, TW1 will likely be the game that best represents what it feels like to be a mutant and an outcast.

Thanks for the posts sharing your favs so far. Been enjoying having a listen to them, when checking the thread. Beautiful music : )

Music from The Witcher series

Which game of the series do you think has the best soundtrack? What are your favourite songs?

'tis rather a tricky choice, but I'd say that among my top picks would be Returning to the Fortress from the first, and Geralt of Rivia from III.

The music from TW1 is beyond compare. It creates half the atmosphere of the game. Even now I can't stop thinking of it.
I wanted to mention just a couple of tracks, but there were so many good compositions!

The first 35 seconds of Dusk of a Northern Kingdom was fine, then the track took a turn for the worse. I would have preferred it to be a little different: more consistent and unified.

River Of Life

Mighty - this music played while I was fighting with the golem in the swamp. It was magnificent!

Dead City and Catacombs breathtakingly create the sinister atmosphere of wild, dangerous places, cemeteries, and crypts.
[video=youtube;g-jnOgVNGDE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-jnOgVNGDE[/video]

The Dike - music that plays in the Outskirts, was half of the unique atmosphere in Chapter I!
Day:
Night:

Silver Sword

Even the music from the menu, which doesn't have an official name, is beautiful.

The Swamp - It's simply a magnificent melody, which didn't even make it into the official soundtrack. The best part starts in the second half of the track, from 3:30 to 5:30.

This music gave me goosebumps that are still here even now. It's something MAGICAL! It perfectly supplements the visuals in Chapter IV, when Geralt walks by the river bank under the light of the setting sun.

Salamandra Battle

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom