Which forum are you from?

+

Forum veteran
Which forum are you from?

Many of us found homes in the form of other forums while this forum was down, so I'm curious as to where everyone is coming back (or coming here for the first time) from.

Myself, I came from the GOG forums. It was incredible how off-topic you could get there.

So where are you coming here from, where my GOG peoples at, and why should I like those of you from other places (bribes are perfectly acceptable at this point)? :)

I was on BSN first, then The Witcher forum shortly after. Its weird to see my old posts...

And not all GoG peoples will make themselves known here.

*creeps quietly out of thread*

Steam forums for me. I joined here shortly before TW2 came out, but then the forums disappeared so I started talking about the game in Steam's Witcher 2 section instead (I already had a Steam account although didn't use it too much before this :p).

I've been on the Witcher forum since March of 2008 ... except for the last 2.5 months, obviously.

Wherever you're from, welcome!

Forum veteran
slimgrin said:
And not all GoG peoples will make themselves known here.
They'll do so willingly or I'll force them. Force them, I say!

slimgrin said:
Steam forums for me.
Was that place really as flame-tastic as the rumors suggest (as in, virtually impossible to ask a question without getting attacked)?

I started posting at Steam forums (/waves at WardDragon), but then I migrated to GoG since people actually discussed the game there, instead of complaining about this or that not working. And here I am now :)

227 said:
Was that place really as flame-tastic as the rumors suggest (as in, virtually impossible to ask a question without getting attacked)?

Hmm, it depends. If the question was like, "Hi, I'm having a problem. Could you help me? *lists problem and system specs*" then the thread would probably contain helpful replies troubleshooting the person's problem. However there were also a lot of threads like, "This game sucks! It's not a real RPG!!!!" which ended up with fighting XD

Forum veteran
WardDragon said:
Hmm, it depends. If the question was like, "Hi, I'm having a problem. Could you help me? *lists problem and system specs*" then the thread would probably contain helpful replies troubleshooting the person's problem. However there were also a lot of threads like, "This game sucks! It's not a real RPG!!!!" which ended up with fighting XD
The reality doesn't live up the to legend, unfortunately. The way some people made it sound, someone would come in like, "Hi! I'm Friendly McInnocent and I'm having trouble adjusting my screen resolution," at which point a thousand demon-possessed posters would begin placing ancient curses on the OP.

227 said:
The reality doesn't live up the to legend, unfortunately. The way some people made it sound, someone would come in like, "Hi! I'm Friendly McInnocent and I'm having trouble adjusting my screen resolution," at which point a thousand demon-possessed posters would begin placing ancient curses on the OP.

In my opinion, the vast majority of the flaming was intentionally provoked XD But you can always see for yourself rather than taking anybody's word for it :)

I hail from the GOG forums. I already miss them, as I'm not a fan of sudden change. It frightens my poor, fragile heart...

227 said:
Many of us found homes in the form of other forums while this forum was down, so I'm curious as to where everyone is coming back (or coming here for the first time) from.

Myself, I came from the GOG forums. It was incredible how off-topic you could get there.

So where are you coming here from, where my GOG peoples at, and why should I like those of you from other places (bribes are perfectly acceptable at this point)? :)

Started on original forums, than migrated to GoG till forums returned today. hurah

Forum veteran
Kindo said:
I hail from the GOG forums. I already miss them, as I'm not a fan of sudden change. It frightens my poor, fragile heart...
No heart attacks allowed. Without you, there's really no one left to say profound things that everyone agrees with. Don't ruin the dynamic, mannnn.

I am not a big forums fan, never could stick to one for too long. So I guess I come from "the outside world".

I, however, registered at the "original" Witcher forum after I finished the first game to discuss the ending, and now with such a fantastic, charming, enthralling second part, decided to come back hopefully for a longer time!

Top Bottom