Who wants more dungeons?

+
I want a crypt. Or something similar, mines and caves are too natural. I want a dark manmade structure that needs to be cleared out. Preferably with vampires/bruxae/graveirs. And I dont want company while doing it.

No, I hate dungeons. Mines in Vergen are the only segment of game I completely rush so I dont need to bother with them too much.

Also..
yayodeanno said:
What I want is more "detective" side quests with rich and convoluted story, not just "go there, kill xxx enemies, bring back an item", I loved the The Heat of the Day quest in TW1 for example, reminded me of old folk fairy tales and it had that "a Witcher's typical day of work" feel. In TW2 it's all about chasing people and deadlines, no more strolls in the fields or thru villages holding a straw between the lips, eyeeing busty peasant girls.

This.

Pham said:
I want a crypt. Or something similar, mines and caves are too natural. I want a dark manmade structure that needs to be cleared out. Preferably with vampires/bruxae/graveirs. And I dont want company while doing it.

Same here, crypts > caves & mines. They are more creepy in my opinion, because of all that undead stuff lurking in the shadows.

I would like some dungeons as DLC. But the urgency of the main quest doesn't allow for stuff like chpt 4 of TW1.

Like knight said above I wouldn't mind delving into the haunted ruins of Loc Muinne and uncovering the doomed history and personal tragedy of the Vran through decaying barely legible journals, ancient fading murals and carvings that depict the last struggles of the lost race. Make combat scarce but significant, add many troubling events such as a corridors torches springing to life as you approach and barely heard whispers that are suddenly silenced by roars of rage and madness, have the echoing tread of marching feet approach Geralt and as they pass him unseen and long dead he is knocked aside by a spectral force and implement the sneaking mechanic again as we try to avoid rousing the hateful wrath of the more aware spirits inhabiting the place.

I'd happily pay for a dlc like that, tense and story heavy but with the chance of a desperate truly challenging battle if the vengeful spirits of the place awake to your presence.

M4xw0lf said:
Dungeons are not really on my wish list, it's really too annoying that the cat potion lasts only 5 minutes.
I've made a small mod here for longer Cat potions. I guess the only reason why nobody did that before is because it is so annoying. But in the mines, you definitely get lost without it. Maybe you'll have more fun underground with that. ;)

What I really didn't understand was how they made that gorgeous cave with the stunning waterfall near Loc Muinne and you basically only run through it in a haste and never look back. What a waste for a unique cave.

I also want want want get into that tower in Loc Muinne - do you suppose they put it there with closed doors just to vex us, or did they have something in mind with it? A viewpoint over the ruined city would indeed be very desirable.

I don't mind more dungeons, if they manage to make a good quest around it.

There is a chapter in the book "The Sword of Destiny", in which Geralt comes crawling out of a cave with a dead Basilisk on his neck. I think it would fit the atmosphere of the game if NPCs started complaining about a basilisk (or something else) somewhere in a dungeon or in the sewers, and you'd have to negotiate with the people about the pay and then kill the creature.

slimgrin said:
I would make an elaborate story reason buried in the dungeon. I'm thinking of 'in the claws of madness' as a template. We would pick up scrolls or messages or scraps of paper along the way, or maybe the journal of a lost adventurer describing his reason for exploring the dungeon. I'd love for it to be centered around vampires, as that was completely missing in TW2.

slimgrin said:
Like knight said above I wouldn't mind delving into the haunted ruins of Loc Muinne and uncovering the doomed history and personal tragedy of the Vran through decaying barely legible journals, ancient fading murals and carvings that depict the last struggles of the lost race. Make combat scarce but significant, add many troubling events such as a corridors torches springing to life as you approach and barely heard whispers that are suddenly silenced by roars of rage and madness, have the echoing tread of marching feet approach Geralt and as they pass him unseen and long dead he is knocked aside by a spectral force and implement the sneaking mechanic again as we try to avoid rousing the hateful wrath of the more aware spirits inhabiting the place.

I'd happily pay for a dlc like that, tense and story heavy but with the chance of a desperate truly challenging battle if the vengeful spirits of the place awake to your presence.

I really like these ideas :D I don't want a dungeon just for the sake of having a dungeon. However if the dungeon is unique and has a really good story to it that I discover gradually as I explore, I would love that :D

I would also like to see the dungeons expanded. The ones we do have are quite small, as you dont so much explore them, but visit them.

slimgrin said:
Well, I don't mean exactly like Diablo does it. I imagine CDPR would handle things their way, but I'd love a multi-layered dungeon. A big one, with Fleders, ghouls and Bruxa. there could be a story reason we visit it, maybe to find a lost soldier or recover an ancient artifact for a merchant.

I don't mind 'clear that area' type quests, but I really hate having to deal with the same respawning monsters again and again every time I backtrack an area (one of the things I really hated about TW1 that, fortunately, was not as bad in TW2), because combat starts to feel like a 'chore' rather than something the breaks the monotony of 'go there, visit here' errand boy quests. Most CRPGs have absurd monster/baddies to normal-inhabitants-of-the-land ratios, because they tend to follow the traditional DnD route of 'combat' as the primary source of leveling and experience (and in the case of TW games, as source of alchemy ingredients). If there were really that many monsters in the game world, the civilized inhabitants would have been wiped out long ago. How many people drown in Temeria per year? I must have killed hundreds of drowners in TW1 (mostly in the sparsely inhabited swamp, no less). that sort of thing just kills the immersion for me.

Another thing that makes me less inclined to explore dungeons and sewers in TW2 is the change to cat potions. TW1 cat potions were not as obtrusive. Prolonged exposure to the cat potion in TW2 just hurts my eyes, and there are no torches in the game that can be carried by Geralt. If we had the SDK, we can probably alter the image modifiers for the cat potion in TW2 to make it less....annoying, but alas....

Another area I thought would be interesting to have a long outdoor crawl are the aquaducts of Loc Muine. Midway when you are fighting the dragon, you get an opportunity to look over the whole city and you can see the aquaducts are complex and goes all over the city and even outside of the city, maybe the developers could throw in some more interesting quests related to the Vran, or some quests about the elves that lived there after the Vrans.

Dungeons are awesome but they should be darker or more creepy like in TW1 and monsters freaking amazingly hard to kill just for fun of it. Hmm but maybe im not missing the dungeons but more challenge in TW2.

slimgrin said:
Well, I don't mean exactly like Diablo does it. I imagine CDPR would handle things their way, but I'd love a multi-layered dungeon. A big one, with Fleders, ghouls and Bruxa. there could be a story reason we visit it, maybe to find a lost soldier or recover an ancient artifact for a merchant.

Honestly there wouldn't have to be a reason for me anyways. I love just exploring in games in a dungeon would be great for that. With all the unused monster types new dungeons and quests can really add to the end game.

But like someone mentioned I would love more detective quests. But I want the chance to be able to fail them or at least not be able to pick every option so I'm forced to think about what I've learned.

I'm game for any combination of crypts, mines, caves, haunted houses etc., as all manner of nasties can hang out there.

Naturally no self respecting Witcher would go unless there were a contract or some 'other' form payment.

Being a Witcher is a job you know.

Top Bottom