Why are the sex cards not returning in The Witcher 2?

+
GuyN039wah said:
GuyN039wah said:
What sex SCENES were there in the first game?-Peasant girl in the mill-Shani-TrissAny more?
I guess you're meaning cutscenes with more than just the sepia-toned background.Adda (extended scene, with a foreshadowing).
Yeah, exactly. Real cutscenes. So just those four?

slimgrin said:
I'll never forget the one with a peasant girl who has a coy smile and her dress hiked up over her hips.
You mean the town clerk? For some reason, that's my favorite, too. Although the half-elf and Morenn are very close seconds.

secondchildren said:
Ahh Guy.....it's music to my ear :)
I loved loved loved some of the sex encounters in TW2, since besides the mature and erotic nature of the card, sometimes they tell us something about our Geralt, the lucky lady and even the witcher world. Of course, that's true with main characters (Abigail, Shani, Triss, or Adda) but also with other minor ones. My favourite example is the lady in the mill. The scene is sexy, informative about this woman, very funny (I always laught on that) and links with the original spirit in the books, that mix superstition, popular folklore and natural explanations. That's what I'm hoping for TW2.

I viewed the sex cards as satire of how sex is portrayed in a lot of movies, like the guy is just trying to collect as many experiences as he possibly can. In that light they were quite amusing although didn't really add much to the game for me. I don't care that they are gone just like I wouldn't care if they returned.What I did enjoy were the cutscenes and dialogue leading up to getting the cards because those scenes were often quite hilarious. For example, I'm still laughing at the mill scene, or how Geralt convinced the Dryad and the Lady of the Lake to sleep with him. That sort of thing was very entertaining so I'm hoping that's what they'll expand upon in Witcher 2.

DelightfulMcCoy said:
DelightfulMcCoy said:
I'll never forget the one with a peasant girl who has a coy smile and her dress hiked up over her hips.
You mean the town clerk? For some reason, that's my favorite, too. Although the half-elf and Morenn are very close seconds.
I believe so. This is the one. *nudity*http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090120105818/witcher/images/6/61/Sex_Clerks.png

slimgrin said:
slimgrin said:
slimgrin said:
I believe so. This is the one. *nudity*http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090120105818/witcher/images/6/61/Sex_Clerks.png
Yeah, I wouldn't have described her as "coy", though. Downright forward, she is. It's clear that a number of women view Geralt as a trophy just as much as he might view them.

WardDragon said:
I viewed the sex cards as satire of how sex is portrayed in a lot of movies, like the guy is just trying to collect as many experiences as he possibly can. In that light they were quite amusing although didn't really add much to the game for me. I don't care that they are gone just like I wouldn't care if they returned.What I did enjoy were the cutscenes and dialogue leading up to getting the cards because those scenes were often quite hilarious. For example, I'm still laughing at the mill scene, or how Geralt convinced the Dryad and the Lady of the Lake to sleep with him. That sort of thing was very entertaining so I'm hoping that's what they'll expand upon in Witcher 2.
Yeah, I loved the Mill scene, and the one with Shani and her grandmother. A little humor goes a long way. "Collect as many experiences as he possibly can"? I just finished another playthrough, and, ye gods, is there ANYTHING female that's safe from Geralt? LOL! Maybe Adda in her Striga form, but I wouldn't put it past him to go after even that. I guess the fault's also mine, since I can't hit the "Sorry, let's just be friends"-equivalent button, like with Toruviel. I guess it's a good thing that Zoltan's fiancee' never makes an appearance. . . . .

i think the anwer is because we are not children people who have the game are adult ( 18+ year old) and have already have real sex or see it and don't chok us anymore like children. And as a mature game take this element in the gameplay as violance, drug and other stuff but all this il reality

While one could argue they were a "collection" of sorts, they were also somewhat silly. CD Projekt Red is just going to have actual in-game scenes to keep the player immersed in the game and treat it in a more classy way.

I really liked The lady of the lake card with the fish and the first Triss card. The peasant girl is indeed a beautiful card as well, I really like the colours.Well I can't wait to see those beautifully drawn cut scenes again, and I'm quite curious about that new art style.

Top Bottom