Why does it have to end at Level 50?

+
A level cap is not appropriate in an open world role-playing game.
The point of such a game is to be able to keep improving. And to have to.
Why should I have "finished learning" at level 50? Why should I no longer be able to continue my education or learn further skills at level 50, especially if my skill tree is not fully used?
This is a real flaw and it should be addressed.
Give me your like or your comments if you like.

my gues?? because around level 38 you already are over leveled for most content in the game... look at Wicher 3.. max level you could have in base game was 32-33... imagine having level 50 when everything around you is way way weaker... If anything, i'd say game needs cuts in terms of XP gains from kills and quests, so you wont level that fast... it would be a lot more challenging and a lot less people would complain how easy it is, if you could only level up to level 25 or so by the time you finish main story.... It would also force player to truly specialize, max out only single attribute instead of 3...

A level cap is not appropriate in an open world role-playing game.
The point of such a game is to be able to keep improving. And to have to.
Why should I have "finished learning" at level 50? Why should I no longer be able to continue my education or learn further skills at level 50, especially if my skill tree is not fully used?
This is a real flaw and it should be addressed.
Give me your like or your comments if you like.

Yeah it's so that you can have different builds over multiple playthroughs.

I don't like it too much myself seeing as i'm playing a no mix/max attributes hybrid with perks from all skill trees build, the only attribute i don't put points in is intelligence (left it at 3 this time, had it at 6 last playthrough and i was a god) because hacking is too overpowered and i'd rather slash/punch/shoot my way through the game rather than hit 2 keys and 2 clicks and everyone dies.
Maybe they'll raise the lvl cap with future expansions; give them time to add the cut content back first, to fix what is fixable first and they'll get to the lvl cap eventually......i think.

And yes, i know they had alot of time to do the game properly, i know the management false advertised, i know all of that and more and i hate it just as much as anyone, maybe even more, but let's try to be reasonable.

Why bothering at leveling, if the whole leveling system is pointless filler content. Nothing changed for me in 50 levels, and I have beaten the game on very hard difficulty, where careful leveling should make most of sense.

I know what you mean, been playing on very hard for 300 hours and if i don't pay attention at lvl50 with a full legendary equip, full cyberware and recrafted lvl 50 legendary weapons, some mob somewhere will one shot me, which is a good thing, i love a challenge but......no but, there's no way around this one: it's unbalanced and poorly implemented but they know this and i WILL be waiting for a fix.

And yes, i know the fix might never come but i'm trying to stay positive through all this.

But you can keep raising skills after you reach level 50 can't you? My skills are leveling extremely slowly compared to my level. My street cred raised extremely fast.. my level has raised fairly fast.. my skills level at a snails pace.

Oh yeah, skills yes, lvl cap no, it's set at 50.
Skills depend on attribute lvl so you can have a 20 Body attribute with 5 Athletics skill level and 3 street brawler skill lvl but 20 annihilation skill lvl because you use shotguns and lmgs as main weapons.
Yes the skils you can levelup after you're reached char lvl50.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

Why bothering at leveling, if the whole leveling system is pointless filler content. Nothing changed for me in 50 levels, and I have beaten the game on very hard difficulty, where careful leveling should make most of sense.
Access to some of the legendary items is restricted by 10+ level of body or tech ability. So, if you're completionist (and playing on console) this can be super annoying.

It's for marketing purposes, they advertised this game as having replayability saying players would want to replay the game by trying different builds. If you ever wonder why something was done in this game then it was marketing related.

Level 50 seems ok to me. The problem is that there is no reason to do it. Not even the final quest requires anything remotely close in terms of character level. Instead of keep striving to level your character in order to have a chance vs the strongest corporation in the game, we max our level only for completion sake.

Storming Arasaka's headquarters should only be possible with a well geared and well developed character. At least on harder difficulties.

That way everyone's happy.
''Story people'' are happy winning the game with their level 15 characters and ''challenge people'' are happy winning the game with their max level characters.

my gues?? because around level 38 you already are over leveled for most content in the game... look at Wicher 3.. max level you could have in base game was 32-33... imagine having level 50 when everything around you is way way weaker... If anything, i'd say game needs cuts in terms of XP gains from kills and quests, so you wont level that fast... it would be a lot more challenging and a lot less people would complain how easy it is, if you could only level up to level 25 or so by the time you finish main story.... It would also force player to truly specialize, max out only single attribute instead of 3...

so they balanced it really bad ...

This isn't an issue for anyone in the Witcher 3 who plays with the game "keeping up in levels". Nothing is ever under-leveled at that point. Makes life a hell of a lot more interesting.

This is sorely needed in CP2077.

Because in an RPG well designed, builds should actually exist. If you get everything there are no builds anymore, negates player's choice. The level cap is already too high and we get way too many perks.

shit man my Geralt walked around like a fucking master jedi lol. NG+ will solve OPs complaint

Because in an RPG well designed, builds should actually exist. If you get everything there are no builds anymore, negates player's choice. The level cap is already too high and we get way too many perks.

^This. Any half-way decent RPG has personalised character development. That means you cannot get everything in one go. Some things are mutually exclusive, and should always be that way. If every character has identical skillsets, there is zero individuality or personalisation. It is just a generic protagonist that the player has no way to dictate how the character acts, is portrayed and how it interacts with the game world and storyline.

The problem with CP2077 is too many skill points, and not enough sinks for them which creates stagnant and generic options. Not the other way around.

Skyrim, Fallout, Borderlands, and just about every game that has a skill tree has a Lvl cap. Why should this game be any different?

The newer Deus Ex games do not have level cap. They technically don't even have levels, every time you pass the xp limit, you get new point to buy new abilities.

I personally liked that and preferred it to CP2077 levels. It allows for not having areas locked off based on enemy level / bullet sponges but instead by having the enemies be elite in harder areas, with more skills, better armour and better weapons.

It removes the issue of finding iconic items and having them completely obsolete in an hour.

It gives you the ability to focus your build at start, and later become Jack of all trades if you wish so.

Not having multiple levels also means the torn t-shirt you find today can have the exact same defense as the t-shirt you bought right before setting off for the final boss, except the new one is now purple or legendary as your street cred is higher (would perhaps allow for more creative use of Street Cred instead of current way).

It would also allow for old armour to have better protection than that brand new shiny bra, because... It's armour and it should have better protection than any bra, even aramid-woven one.

Not having levels also means the pistol you picked up at the beginning performs like it should regardless if you are shooting at guy in rags in front of you or another one across the street that would otherwise have same rags, but was 50 levels higher. And at the same time it will underperform against armour-clad elites at the beginning the same way as at the end, like it should.

It would allow for customising your gun you fell in love when you found it, not forcing you to throw it away in 10 minutes because the new one is exactly the same except pink/green, shooting the same bullets, but doing 20x the damage because it's level 50 instead of 10.

Oh well, just a few of my thoughts, you may agree with them or not, perhaps those who prefer looter shooters like chasing for that extra 10 damage (that will perform exactly the same on the enemy that has just leveled up with you, against whom the gun you had before seemed to work just fine an hour ago) and would find sticking to one weapon boring. To each what they like.

Top Bottom