Why Many Players Not Giving GG

+
Fguri;n7162870 said:
I've stopped giving GGs to Skellige players. The whole lot of them. My last 20 games have consisted of 17 games against the same strategy Crach Skellige deck, with exactly the same cards played in the same order turn after turn game after game to the point where the game has gotten disgusting.
Special shoutouts to the SC players who play decoy three times, play nothing but special cards then swamp you with 5000 commandos at the end of the game.

I do give GGs all the time to monster players and NR players, and anyone in particular who pulls off a nice play, or something I've not seen before/don't see regularly.
And in general anytime I have an enjoyable game, whether it be a win or a loss.

Dude I think you should really check previous pages of this thread where we talk on this matter but still I am going to explain it for you in short..

1st we are in beta
2nd we don't have that many cards so that you going to see variety in every match
3rd skelliege other two leaders are quite weak then Crach & that's why they are getting little buff in next patch
4th Sco. don't have that much high strength units & whatever they have all are not immune to weather that's why they are also getting buff in next patch.

Now you are saying you are giving gg to monster/NR that clearly specifies you are using one of the faction & If you ask mi then this both factions having more repetitive gameplay then skellige & sco. Most of the monster playing weather & NR with buff > rush > promote

Yes now days skellige players using discard deck & sco. is mostly with control deck but what players going to do with that if every faction is having some kind of strength? Like NR with Promote, Monster with Weather, Sco. with special cards & lastly skellige with discard & that's why we are seeing more decks based on this stats.

So finally the main thing we need to understand is this is beta & we the beta access to test the game foe bugs & then report it to cdpr so that we will get proper balance fill version later. Giving GG or not giving GG both are same things... in one no one is getting anything & in other both sides getting something so it's now on us that we want to take advantage or not.

In my opinion the scrap rewards coming with a GG should be removed.

If someone doesn't give you a GG, you won't feel deprived of your reward and not as mad at the person for slowing your progression.
And if someone does takes the time to give you a GG, it'd feel like a pleasant surprise acknowledging your skill.

What can be done to replace the GG-scraps - because I like every little contribution to my progression as a player, and wouldn't want to miss out on these extra scraps - is to give out scraps for every won round. So even if you lose the match and won a single round, you'd get a little reward for your effort.

What do you think about this ?

Please let me know~

Today has been the final straw that breaks the camels back as they say. I'm no longer giving GG to anybody that plays or includes the Commander's Horn in their deck. Sorry but that ridiculous cheese over-powered toot play has got to be the most infuriating thing to come out on you when it's the final round and you have a 28 point lead over your opponent after playing your last card and then they with the last card of the game manage to completely obliterate you.

Okay guys, ive played st deck in a while and what can i say - dont gg people that play st decks. This faction is totally op unless uve got a goldfish with nr.

I GG every time, doesn't matter if I win or lose. One shouldn't be too reliant on those five scraps/ores. Doesn't really matter what the other person thinks about your playing anyway. I'm pretty sure I've gotten some nasty profanities thrown my way, hehe.

I've just pretty much stopped giving GG altogether. I found it to be an antagonizer when I was getting frustrated over losing. If for example I felt someone used a cheap tactic to win and then gave me a GG, I didn't want their pity. Or if I felt I won fairly and didn't get a GG etc. childish I know, but I just started ignoring the system and I feel better since doing so.

so if any of you have a game with me and don't get a GG don't take it personal.

rajule;n7170560 said:
I've just pretty much stopped giving GG altogether. I found it to be an antagonizer when I was getting frustrated over losing. If for example I felt someone used a cheap tactic to win and then gave me a GG, I didn't want their pity. Or if I felt I won fairly and didn't get a GG etc. childish I know, but I just started ignoring the system and I feel better since doing so.

so if any of you have a game with me and don't get a GG don't take it personal.

Then do not expect GG from me, don't take it personal.

After every new patch I am experiencing more & more rage between players from all faction.. as some thinks that their faction got nerf & some thinks that their faction not got any buff lol :) :)

Remove GG and reward both players at the end of a match with either Ore or Scraps and problem solved, we will all stop arguing about the subject and we can get back to playing Gwent and just having fun.

thesums7;n7172190 said:
Then do not expect GG from me, don't take it personal.

I don't expect one, and don't care whether or not I get one since I ignore the system. that's the point I was making.

Necro_Man_Ser;n7173950 said:
Or at least don't tie GG to a reward. Leave the GG system, just make it independent from resources.

Oh look, if you are who I think you were in Scrolls, hello. You were my mentor, if your memory needs juggling.

Now, onto less frivolous matters:

I can not absolutely believe how many people have an issue with PRESSING A BUTTON in demonstration of GOOD WILL. Now, I'll admit that after the first few matches I didn't press the dreaded GG button.

After the first match was over I really didn't get what I was supposed to do lol After the second one I just got mad over whatever, ragequit the third. After recomposing a bit I realized that this 5 scrap pittance is the only way to get somewhere with your decks, with some consistency.

I actually made a list, if you can believe that. Of 16 matches played there were:
3 disconnects
9 lost (received 3 GG)
2 wins (received GG)
2 opponents forfeited (received 0 GG)

In all of these matches I pushed the GG button immediately after the match was done. Wasn't playing the waiting game, wasn't baiting anyone, wasn't stalling etc. I think I played most matches fair and square, even passing over the last round to the player once I realized I was outmatched or didn't have a good hand. As to save some time to everyone.

It would be hypocritical of me to judge those who lost and passed on the chance to send the pittance to the person whom managed to best them, even though after reconsidering I saw the err of my (initial) ways. So, lets completely forget about the 4 of those whom lost (in whichever shape or form) and instead concentrate our attention on the two thirds whom can't press the GG button after winning. What's wrong with these guys, is it something in the water or maybe the air? I reject the blanket statement "it's the internet," this type of games don't attract the general public and I would say these type of communities are not very representative of your average keyboard warrior half child half moron type of personality.

I'm quite disgusted, to be completely honest. After getting angry over this I even compiled a list of these people whom I played against, but after considering for a bit I definitively don't want to stoop so low to as post it here.

Initially I did have a minor grief over matchmaking, but after some initial matches I'd say most matches were quite balanced. After putting additional care into my deck building (not many options, but still went for as much synergy and consistency I could get out of it) and after I stopped making imbecilic errors and actually started figuring out game mechanics, it was easier to hold my ground. The game is quite enjoyable, albeit a bit oversimplified (a relative matter, what it is) but the prospect of playing for a couple of afternoons and have a pack of 5 cards to show for it is a bit ridiculous for me. This human factor issue just server to tip over (actually, it could do a complete flip over lol) to forgetting about all of this. I salute the devs, it was a good idea to introduce this but people have the nasty tendency to disappoint and let down.

All in all, several months of anticipation for the beta invite was a lot more enjoyable that these past two days. Stay well.

Last edited:
mkey82;n7176900 said:
What's wrong with these guys, is it something in the water or maybe the air?

Ever heard that motto "dont hate the player, hate the game"?

So yeah, dont hate the player which dont give gg on any given situation, hate the flawed gg system.

I've been warning that this system will only bring frustration and eventually even drove players away from the game since the start of the beta. I have being much criticized because of that. Yet, more and more people come complain about this and demonstrate the same feelings you have about it (not receiving GG)... so yeah, sometimes feels bad to be right.

Hopefully there is coming a change to the system (they will give a small reward for GG given)...

mkey82;n7176900 said:
Oh look, if you are who I think you were in Scrolls, hello. You were my mentor, if your memory needs juggling.

Now, onto less frivolous matters:

I can not absolutely believe how many people have an issue with PRESSING A BUTTON in demonstration of GOOD WILL. Now, I'll admit that after the first few matches I didn't press the dreaded GG button.

After the first match was over I really didn't get what I was supposed to do lol After the second one I just got mad over whatever, ragequit the third. After recomposing a bit I realized that this 5 scrap pittance is the only way to get somewhere with your decks, with some consistency.

I actually made a list, if you can believe that. Of 16 matches played there were:
3 disconnects
9 lost (received 3 GG)
2 wins (received GG)

In all of these matches I pushed the GG button immediately after the match was done. Wasn't playing the waiting game, wasn't baiting anyone, wasn't stalling etc. I think I played most matches fair and square, even passing over the last round to the player once I realized I was outmatched or didn't have a good hand. As to save some time to everyone.

It would be hypocritical of me to judge those who lost and passed on the chance to send the pittance to the person whom managed to best them, even though after reconsidering I saw the err of my (initial) ways. So, lets completely forget about the 4 of those whom lost (in whichever shape or form) and instead concentrate our attention on the two thirds whom can't press the GG button after winning. What's wrong with these guys, is it something in the water or maybe the air? I reject the blanket statement "it's the internet," this type of games don't attract the general public and I would say these type of communities are not very representative of your average keyboard warrior half child half moron type of personality.

I'm quite disgusted, to be completely honest. After getting angry over this I even compiled a list of these people whom I played against, but after considering for a bit I definitively don't want to stoop so low to as post it here.

Initially I did have a minor grief over matchmaking, but after some initial matches I'd say most matches were quite balanced. After putting additional care into my deck building (not many options, but still went for as much synergy and consistency I could get out of it) and after I stopped making imbecilic errors and actually started figuring out game mechanics, it was easier to hold my ground. The game is quite enjoyable, albeit a bit oversimplified (a relative matter, what it is) but the prospect of playing for a couple of afternoons and have a pack of 5 cards to show for it is a bit ridiculous for me. This human factor issue just server to tip over (actually, it could do a complete flip over lol) to forgetting about all of this. I salute the devs, it was a good idea to introduce this but people have the nasty tendency to disappoint and let down.

All in all, several months of anticipation for the beta invite was a lot more enjoyable that these past two days. Stay well.

Yeah, it's me, hey there.
Just want to say that it would be a pity if you give this game a pass because of salty losers. For one, the devs plan to change the GG system (from what I've heard) and also, if you really have so much bad luck with the beta players and their unwillingness to GG, maybe at least try again when the game releases full, because then, there will likely be a tabula rasa and people will start with fresh collections.

Compared to scrolls, I'd say it's pretty much on par concerning the complexity, maybe a little less so because you don't have to calculate the attack order and effects from units. But it's still a tactical numbers game, which makes me like it a lot.

Hope you stay around. ;)

if the game was easy i'm not giving gg

too many bad deck bad player somehow at higher levels, at early levels id give gg no matter what but at level 70+ dont expect a gg if you have a bad deck/make garbage plays

mkey82;n7176900 said:
3 disconnects
9 lost (received 3 GG)
2 wins (received GG)
What faction do you play?

I can only speak for myself of course, but I would say that I have a well-developed allergy against Northern Kingdoms by now, which may reduce the amount of "automatic GG" that I try to do now normally. That "automatic GG" rule suffers during losing streaks or when the betatesting lost any and all fun momentum as it did last weekend (call it "sore loser" syndrom, if you like.)

Many Nordlings, on the other hand, seem to have a massive phobia against Monsters, particularly those with weather decks. Their "GG" rate might also be low when they had to face a Dagon or an Eredin/Leshen/Caranthir/Waterhag.

I also made a list, if you can believe that. It covers ~530 matches now. ;) My "No GG" rate is FAR lower than yours; particularly the "Bad Mannered Rotten Apples" (winning but no GG) are pretty rare. About 0.5 of them per day on average. FAR less than what you encounter.

I play almost exclusively as Scoia, so your faction interests me.

Top Bottom