will cdpr do a NMS with cp77?

+
THIS.

They still lied about 90% of the game.
The arrogance which they tell the PC version is as expected is far beyond over the top.

I would clarify: "We are proud of the PC version".

As a gamer, a customer, I am really offended.
There are HUNDREDS of games out there (especially INDIE GAMES with no power, no money and fame) where people worked their ass and shipped the best version possible and took time to produce it. This is just a scam and a sort of fraud for everyone just for money.
I understand the class actions.
This is not acceptable in 2020.
I repeat, the game is a joke and offensive for our intelligence as gamers and customers.
Let's move on.

Yup. Remember the trailers? Especially this one?

Even back in Oct 2020 they still teased us with "Big House" and "Taking over Night City" in their trailers.

Shameless if you ask me.

They've lost 40% of their share price, put 320 mio. in development (and marketing). And every profit they make will still be under that what was expected, because the price of the game dropped fast and they did make less "console-money".
I would be in a financial crisis mode. No need to make more than necessary, but a big need to hurry to multiplayer.

Sales data analysis says otherwise: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...w-the-biggest-digital-game-launch-of-all-time

And that, allegedly, does take into account the refunds.

Regardless of reviews or personal opinions, the game was and is a financial success.

Share price was likely inflated by the hype factor and it dipped due to day 1 release reception. It will balance out over time.

Personally I love the game although there is no denial that the stability on old gen consoles was appaling. It's not a bad game although it could have been so much better. The potential was there.

The player base isn't really giving them another option. Even if the outrage dies down by the time free DLCs come out. if the free DLCs aren't the cut content that we've been screaming for it's just going to be outraged all over again. CD projekt Red messed up sure but they're just not that stupid. Hopefully.

They should release the dev-kit and call it a day. the community will make the game great in no time since they are more money driven since they entered stock market. being happy about the pc version is a joke.

No, they should not. Definitely shouldn't. Someone just needs to pour some common sense and decency in a few of the top brass' heads and it'll get better. I still want - hope - CDPR to recover from this sh!tshow and go back to being the company we all admired not many months ago. Letting the modding community fix their game will permanently set them on the path of "It just works" and I for one will be buying as many games from them as I did from Bethesda's own studio in the last 3 or so years: none. Whatever the case, PO'ing anything from CDPR is definitely out of the question for the foreseeable future.

I have to agree with the posters that see NMS as an edge case. It is and will remain so due to the systemic ethical drought that the world wide gaming industry has embraced. Over hype and under deliver has become the acceptable mantra of game developers and their financial backers. No game developer has ever been held to account for this business practice despite the uproar of Gamers world wide. Until that changes this is what developers will continue to deliver and Gamers world wide will continue to throw money at promises that will never be realized.

We as Gamers have only ourselves to blame.

Sales data analysis says otherwise: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...w-the-biggest-digital-game-launch-of-all-time

And that, allegedly, does take into account the refunds.

Regardless of reviews or personal opinions, the game was and is a financial success.

Share price was likely inflated by the hype factor and it dipped due to day 1 release reception. It will balance out over time.

Personally I love the game although there is no denial that the stability on old gen consoles was appaling. It's not a bad game although it could have been so much better. The potential was there.
It's an analysis, not something like: epic, steam, ms, ps store, amazon, bla. told them numbers.

Preorders were PC 59/41 console.
So
a) console-players buy digital less often
b) the kick of the PS-Store let the share of the console fall
c) after it was public, that the game runs not so bombastic on last gen, far less people bought it in christmas-shopping, but the pc-owners did.

b&c = lost money.

Btw.: I refunded my digital version first or second week in january. MS-Store had no problem that I played it almost 80h on a next gen console - 2 min. money back. They don't care. A friend of mine is sitting on his closed box (PS4) until the big electronics store he bought it opens again (closed thanks to Corona since weeks).
So much about: refunds calculated.

Heists are players vs. A.I.

Think any kind of mission where the main point isn't to kill other players. Furthermore, there are remnants of heist coding for MP in the base game. My guess being that they had originally thought of MP being included in the base game and later figure they'd never make it in time.

I frankly couldn't care about a PvP type multiplayer. I definitely don't want GTA type mayhem in free roam. I got GTA for that and there is no doubt it'll always be miles better in GTA.

Personally I'm still hopeful they'll pull off a NMS comeback. It's frankly the best way for them to ensure their IP stands a chance. Their whole plan was to have two big IPs going. The Witcher and Cyberpunk. Right now their newest and most expensive IP is off to a pretty rough start. A NMS style comeback would ensure it's future.

It's an analysis, not something like: epic, steam, ms, ps store, amazon, bla. told them numbers.

No, it's not?

It literally is all those stores sell-through numbers. The 13 million copies sold is still an estimate but it's a really accurate one. It wasn't "just an analysis" and suddenly there will only be 9 million copies sold.

Btw.: I refunded my digital version first or second week in january. MS-Store had no problem that I played it almost 80h on a next gen console - 2 min. money back. They don't care. A friend of mine is sitting on his closed box (PS4) until the big electronics store he bought it opens again (closed thanks to Corona since weeks).
So much about: refunds calculated.

You keep saying this. You're using it as some kind of "AH, GOTCHA" which it really isn't. What the 13 million copies figure certainly shows is that the refund rate is nowhere near what you seem to believe as of December 10th. If anything, since the game has kept on selling pretty well on PC (and potentially Xbox) they're probably a few million copies sold further along. Unless they release their quarter reports and things have drastically changed, you're objectively wrong here.

I get that you're angry at the game but as @BigRock22 said, regardless of your opinion or stance on the game, it is a commercial success.

it's as if they only focused on the city and the assets, what makes the game is not present.
If they don't update the game to a great extent it will be forgotten.
Develop on the fly doesn't work like a photo collage

the next one already announced
With Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines 2, they are going to have to do something because even without competition the game is a joke.

this is the expected level of the game, coming from a mobile gaming company that nobody expected anything from
I'll still wait for it to come out so as not to eat another disappointment

The NMS it will be the online mode when they have the game base ready
sad but true

it's as if they only focused on the city and the assets, what makes the game is not present.
If they don't update the game to a great extent it will be forgotten.
Develop on the fly doesn't work like a photo collage

With Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines 2, they are going to have to do something because even without competition the game is a joke.

this is the expected level of the game, coming from a mobile gaming company that nobody expected anything from
I'll still wait for it to come out so as not to eat another disappointment

The NMS it will be the online mode when they have the game base ready
sad but true

I wouldn't hold my breath for VtMB2 if I was you. It's going through it's own development issues. I'm desperately hoping it'll turn out good since the first game remains one of my favorite RPG to this day but there are lot of red flags, just like there were with CP2077.

Heists are players vs. A.I.

Think any kind of mission where the main point isn't to kill other players. Furthermore, there are remnants of heist coding for MP in the base game. My guess being that they had originally thought of MP being included in the base game and later figure they'd never make it in time.

I frankly couldn't care about a PvP type multiplayer. I definitely don't want GTA type mayhem in free roam. I got GTA for that and there is no doubt it'll always be miles better in GTA.

Personally I'm still hopeful they'll pull off a NMS comeback. It's frankly the best way for them to ensure their IP stands a chance. Their whole plan was to have two big IPs going. The Witcher and Cyberpunk. Right now their newest and most expensive IP is off to a pretty rough start. A NMS style comeback would ensure it's future.

No, it's not?

It literally is all those stores sell-through numbers. The 13 million copies sold is still an estimate but it's a really accurate one. It wasn't "just an analysis" and suddenly there will only be 9 million copies sold.

You keep saying this. You're using it as some kind of "AH, GOTCHA" which it really isn't. What the 13 million copies figure certainly shows is that the refund rate is nowhere near what you seem to believe as of December 10th. If anything, since the game has kept on selling pretty well on PC (and potentially Xbox) they're probably a few million copies sold further along. Unless they release their quarter reports and things have drastically changed, you're objectively wrong here.

I get that you're angry at the game but as @BigRock22 said, regardless of your opinion or stance on the game, it is a commercial success.
Look at the Website of stardust or whatever they called. Refunds was possible since 19.? Don't remember.

I never said that it wasn't a commercial success. December.
But the money must last for a long time. Story-DLC maybe next year, MP maybe in two years. Everything delayed for 1 year minimum.
The development for W4 and the marketing-circus must be paid, too.
And I don't think that they will have record preorders again.

As I see, Night City is the main character of the game, and it's awesomely beautiful, but unfortunately it's brain dead right now. I hope CDPR resurrect the city to its original vision, the way it was advertised.
That and the characters, if any of those had been bad, this game would have failed big time :D I think it would have been another Mass effect Andromeda, meant as I actually like it, the world weren't perfect, but it was interesting enough, but the characters just didn't work for me and in the end that was what broken it for me. I really liked the idea of going to different planets and develop them or what it was you could do.
But the moment my character had to interact with something, everything just collapsed.

But lucky for CDPR they nailed both these, despite there being nothing to do in Night city and the rest of the game being a good portion below average to outright broken.

Everybody's Talkin about the financial success of this game like its a measure of how good the game is but the success of the game was almost exclusively pre-orders. Which then falls back into the category of we got lied to. There's some good to be sure but for the most part this game is broken and incomplete.

I liked the first one, bloodlines 2 will probably be good as well. But I really don't hope that the voice acting in the trailer are those in the game as well, they sound way off and like something from a "teen" vampire series or something :D

Ahh ok maybe just the first character, and he was a teen. Guess it will be fine lol :D

Definitely not.
Hello Games very quickly admit they screwed NMS completely and they gave their word to overhaul the whole game to deliver the game they promised - and they kept their word. Massive respect for that.
CDPR only admit the screwed console versions and that they will fix all the bugs and glitches, that's it. PC version seems to be amazing game in their opinion (9-10/10) so do not expect any major changes.

This.

They are very proud of their glitchy mess on PC, we can expect patches like 1.1 who turns the game in a GREATER field of bugs, some DLC's, some "events" like...you know, unlocking a new cap or jacket, this kind of stuff.

The best we can hope is a more or less "stable" game. That's it.

Look at the Website of stardust or whatever they called. Refunds was possible since 19.? Don't remember.

I never said that it wasn't a commercial success. December.
But the money must last for a long time. Story-DLC maybe next year, MP maybe in two years. Everything delayed for 1 year minimum.
The development for W4 and the marketing-circus must be paid, too.
And I don't think that they will have record preorders again.

Just for the sake of argument and to illustrate my point.

Let's assume the 13 million copies sold is absolutely exact and no other copies has been sold or refunded. Just for the sake of argument.

That means they're around 320 million in pure profit after a very conservative sellers cut of 30%.

They've spent 8 years on CP2077 with around 314 million for CP2077. They also have another IP (The Witcher series and spin-offs) making money and a storefront making 30% of every sale that isn't their own games.

I think they can handle a few more years of development. ;)

Again, unless their quarterly reports indicate a vast and drastic change in refund rate, they're very well off financially.

Everybody's Talkin about the financial success of this game like its a measure of how good the game is but the success of the game was almost exclusively pre-orders. Which then falls back into the category of we got lied to. There's some good to be sure but for the most part this game is broken and incomplete.

No one is using the game's commercial success as a measure of how good it is. It's why people always mention that's it's a commercial success regardless of one's opinion of the game. It means that and only that, it's a commercial success. I have a ton of complaints about the game. In fact, I've uninstalled it until they fix it if they ever do, yet, I can fully recognize the game is a commercial success.

Just for the sake of argument and to illustrate my point.

Let's assume the 13 million copies sold is absolutely exact and no other copies has been sold or refunded. Just for the sake of argument.

That means they're around 320 million in pure profit after a very conservative sellers cut of 30%.

They've spent 8 years on CP2077 with around 314 million for CP2077. They also have another IP (The Witcher series and spin-offs) making money and a storefront making 30% of every sale that isn't their own games.

I think they can handle a few more years of development. ;)

Again, unless their quarterly reports indicate a vast and drastic change in refund rate, they're very well off financially.

No one is using the game's commercial success as a measure of how good it is. It's why people always mention that's it's a commercial success regardless of one's opinion of the game. It means that and only that, it's a commercial success. I have a ton of complaints about the game. In fact, I've uninstalled it until they fix it if they ever do, yet, I can fully recognize the game is a commercial success.
I don't mean the forums I mean the news outlets. I agree with what you're saying if anything the fact that CD projekt Red isn't hurting financially just means that they have less excuses to not fix and complete this game. So yeah I completely agree.

No, they should not. Definitely shouldn't. Someone just needs to pour some common sense and decency in a few of the top brass' heads and it'll get better. I still want - hope - CDPR to recover from this sh!tshow and go back to being the company we all admired not many months ago. Letting the modding community fix their game will permanently set them on the path of "It just works" and I for one will be buying as many games from them as I did from Bethesda's own studio in the last 3 or so years: none. Whatever the case, PO'ing anything from CDPR is definitely out of the question for the foreseeable future.

You got a point there. Haven't thought about that.

I think they need to do both. Keep their staff focused on official fixes and feature improvements, and release a devkit for the modders. Doing those two things will show their community they want to do anything and everything they can to make the game better. It also takes the pressure off of them to make the game all things to all people, as the mod community can fill in any gaps and provide fixes, features, and content that CDPR can't or won't devote resources to.

At this point CDPR needs to attack this problem from every angle they can. I think the 1.1 patch shows us that they just can't move fast enough by themselves to satisfy the community. It's not really their fault, time and resource limitations exist and humans can only troubleshoot and fix so fast. Allowing modders to jump on it essentially adds hundreds of devs to the effort, even if their work is not "officially supported".

CD projekt Red has released modding software for this game. Their reputation is still riding on patches and free DLC though. The fanbase essentially demands cut content. What a terrible and glorious time it is.

Top Bottom