Witcher 2 graphic problems [PC]

+
Greetings!
I've been trying to replay Witcher 2 on my new PC but the game has some graphical lighting issues which I cannot solve or explain.
My PC:
  • AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
  • AMD Radeon 5700 XT
  • 16 GB RAM
  • all drivers up to date
Notice there is only a problem with the lighting. The menus and UI looks normal. I have tried enabling and disabling bloom and all other graphical options with no avail.
Any idea if there is anything I can do?
Thanks in advance!
Screenshots:
https://ibb.co/C5L1fdQ
https://ibb.co/bg5VsSB

I haven't installed any mods, did multiple clean reinstalls, tried all graphic settings, but nothing seems to work.
I'm not sure but I think it might be GPU driver related. I changed the GPU a few months ago and I did a clean windows reinstall. I remember the game working all right on my GTX 1080.

PS. Thanks for moving the post. I didn't realize I was in the wrong section
Post automatically merged:

Here's more photos of the problem (the screenshot button does not work for some reason).
I'm not even sure anymore if it's a lighting issue, or the textures aren't loading.
Also notice how the UI looks fine (no problems whatsoever in inventory or other menus)

Last edited:
Make sure the game has the latest update, in case you are not playing on Steam/GOG.

Was it always like that? If not, loading an older save game might help.

It is possible that the game is struggling with the latest AMD graphics drivers. If that is the cause I‘d recommend trying an older driver version.

Also make sure that you didn‘t overclock or underclock your CPU/GPU/RAM. Plus, you could try to run the game in compatibility mode (Windows 7), although I don‘t know if that changes anything in this case.

And make sure to close all applications with overlay (or disable the overlay). Uplay, Fraps, MSI Afterburner can cause issues with these games...

Greetings!
To whom it may concern, I managed to solve the issue.
I switched the Anti-Aliasing settings from <Override Application Settings> to <Use Application Settings> in AMD Radeon drivers 19.12.3, and everything came back to normal.
Hope it helps anyone else with similar problems.
Thanks for the help.

Greetings!
To whom it may concern, I managed to solve the issue.
I switched the Anti-Aliasing settings from <Override Application Settings> to <Use Application Settings> in AMD Radeon drivers 19.12.3, and everything came back to normal.
Hope it helps anyone else with similar problems.
Thanks for the help.
I had the exact same issue and this was the fix. Thank you so much!

Top Bottom