Witcher 3 and serious issues with G - Sync

+
thank you every one... i have sort of resolved the issue all i do is turn the G sync Off and limit the FPS at 60 in game and automatically the stuttering and lag is fished

SigilFey;n9530241 said:
Hoorays! May you murder many foes, smoothly and without pause!

truth be told the game has stopped getting stuck but unfortunately there is tearing in game .. i wish g sync worked in witcher

LordOfMordor;n9572531 said:
truth be told the game has stopped getting stuck but unfortunately there is tearing in game .. i wish g sync worked in witcher

Anytime the game runs with unlimited frames, even if a frame cap is active, it will buffer and draw partial frames. That's what causes the screen tearing. Unfortunately, Vsync is the only way to prevent this. G-Sync does not cooperate very well with TW3 from what I've gathered. (I don't use a G-Sync monitor myself, so I'm afraid I can't help too much there.)

yes its true the game does not bode well with gsync on, i think i should run the game with v sync on and limiting it at 60 fps

LordOfMordor;n9573121 said:
yes its true the game does not bode well with gsync on, i think i should run the game with v sync on and limiting it at 60 fps

That's my overall suggestion. The philosophy I build all of my own systems around is "Steady 50-60 FPS". Not only does it create the smoothest, most consistent experience across all games, it also increases the lifespan of all hardware.

Hi everybody - so I had just about given up and resigned myself to having to use old drivers and other fixes when finally on reading the billionth post on how to potentially fix this, I found something that actually worked. Try this and see if it helps you because it completely eliminated my stuttering ON THE CURRENT NVIDIA DRIVERS (no need for rollback)

-If you are on windows 10 search for game settings and go to the game bar settings

Turn off record game clips, etc.

Turn ON open game bar

Turn ON show game bar when I play full screen

Also importantly, if you have Intel Turbo Boost 3.0, make sure to turn it off

I have no idea why, but for some reason, for me, this worked and now I have completely stutter-free gameplay for 3 hours on the current Nvidia drivers

Good luck!

Top Bottom