Witcher 3 Eurogamer Live presentation >

+

IsengrimR

Have to say, interesting stuff, makes me a bit less worried about Witcher 3.
(Yes, I trust CDPR but I still worry )

And have to say that I see some similarities to ye old Gothic 1 ( like NPCs having a part in "even cluster" ) - I like it, a lot.

Disappointed that every single interview so far is about TW3 and nothing mentioned about CP77 for months. Its kinda sad considering it was announced way earlier than TW3

In the final Q&A he hinted that (while he has no role nor authority in that decision) CDPR peopla are at least interested in SteamOS/Linux and they are considering it... Which is far from a confirmation but an encouraging news in my book.

IsengrimR

Agbeth said:
Disappointed that every single interview so far is about TW3 and nothing mentioned about CP77 for months. Its kinda sad considering it was announced way earlier than TW3

Well, Witcher 3 is coming sooner. They will have time to make the hype about CP77 grow after W3 release.

Steelydan said:
In that case I don't even bother to watch. I'm so tired of the same stuff talking over and over again.

Meh, same here, wake me up when something new arrives.

Event cluster sounds interesting, basically there will always be something to do on the way to the quest point and after you reach it. Wonder if they could implement similar idea to Cyberpunk it's a bit different type of open world environment.

TucoBenedicto said:
In the final Q&A he hinted that (while he has no role nor authority in that decision) CDPR peopla are at least interested in SteamOS/Linux and they are considering it... Which is far from a confirmation but an encouraging news in my book.
Great. Was it in the video? I didn't watch the whole thing yet.

UPDATE: Found it: https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZOUXbJQKmaU&t=30m30s
I put the transcript to the related thread.

I followed the presentation, but I still have a doubt about the Chain of events that would solve the quests' recurrency problem. I mean, according to Tomas (if I understood well), when Geralt is sent to a specific, far area to follow a quest, a chain of events would be there in order to avoid the fact that we would haven't sent there only to read a single line of dialogue.
My doubt is: is this chain of event linked to the quest we are sent for, or are there just additional quests? I think this detail it's important because, for example, in Skyrim every area already had quests to be solved related to local problems of the local inhabitants, and still the quest design sucked and also there's the risk to increase the dispersion, and so to decrease the power of the narration. What do you think about it?

Agent_Blue

Dife said:
I followed the presentation, but I still have a doubt about the Chain of events that would solve the quests' recurrency problem. I mean, according to Tomas (if I understood well), when Geralt is sent to a specific, far area to follow a quest, a chain of events would be there in order to avoid the fact that we would haven't sent there only to read a single line of dialogue.
My doubt is: is this chain of event linked to the quest we are sent for, or are there just additional quests? I think this detail it's important because, for example, in Skyrim every area already had quests to be solved related to local problems of the local inhabitants, and still the quest design sucked and also there's the risk to increase the dispersion, and so to decrease the power of the narration. What do you think about it?

Interesting question.

If you group quests around local clusters, what happens in the in-between areas, no quests at all and just those random events/ monster hunting?

Hard to tell how this approach will play out, but I'm optimistic.

Top Bottom