Witcher 3- next gen update going to Origin by EA?

+
Hey y'all. I found someone who seems to have made their Origin version of TW3 update to 4.0 via GOG by syncing Origin with GOG and installing that way. I haven't been able to do it myself yet and I'm waiting for that person to get back to me to help. Y'all could try and see if you can figure it out, and then let the rest of us know. I'll update once I know more.
Sure man, please update here.

In the GOG Galaxy launcher settings there are options to sync with other launchers (Origin, Steam, etc.). I connected those accounts and in my Owned Games The Witcher 3 shows up under Origin (EA). That launches through EA though (I don't have Origin installed anymore). Trying a fresh install initiated through the GOG Galaxy launcher but that also kicks you over to the EA app so I doubt it will have access to version 4.0 instead of 1.31. As others noted, I'm hesitant to pay $10 again through GOG when I bought the Game of the Year edition on Origin already.

So, i have the Standard Edition + Expansion Pass and I haven't been able to make it work via GOG. If you have the Complete or GOTY Editions, you could try installing via GOG - apparently GOG gives you the option to choose between Origin and GOG for installing the game. It also just kicks me back to Origin, so maybe the problem is that we're peasants who only have the Standard Edition? I've bought everything except the name "Complete Edition," I guess.

I got the same problem. Bought the game on Origin when it came out. The client, now EA App, doesn't update the game.
The guys at the EA tech forum says its the developer's issue. This "passing the ball back and forth" kind of deal just stinks.

we can't accept that, they said it was for ANYONE who owns the game...so I want the update, they can't just leave the ORIGIN people out, it's unfair

Guest 4670038

Great next gen update: if you want to play, buy the game again. It doesn't matter that you previously bought it at full price and completely legally.
Ah, no. I was promised a free update, and dammit that's what I want. EA/Origin need to get their crap together. lol
Post automatically merged:

In the GOG Galaxy launcher settings there are options to sync with other launchers (Origin, Steam, etc.). I connected those accounts and in my Owned Games The Witcher 3 shows up under Origin (EA). That launches through EA though (I don't have Origin installed anymore). Trying a fresh install initiated through the GOG Galaxy launcher but that also kicks you over to the EA app so I doubt it will have access to version 4.0 instead of 1.31. As others noted, I'm hesitant to pay $10 again through GOG when I bought the Game of the Year edition on Origin already.
Same here. Purchased on Origin before I even knew what GOG was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Purchased on Origin May 13, 2015 for $79.99

It would be nice if CDP could drop a file for us to download, and patch from that. Should not have to patch through the EA play app.

I paid $79.99 for the Witcher 3 on Origin back in 2015...and the free upgrade is not available on Origin??? It can't be the expectation that I need to buy the game again??

This is unbelievable, they should support it regardless of the platform, I don't want to have to pay again in the same game just for that

So, i have the Standard Edition + Expansion Pass and I haven't been able to make it work via GOG. If you have the Complete or GOTY Editions, you could try installing via GOG - apparently GOG gives you the option to choose between Origin and GOG for installing the game. It also just kicks me back to Origin, so maybe the problem is that we're peasants who only have the Standard Edition? I've bought everything except the name "Complete Edition," I guess.
I bought the GOTY edition on Origin. GOG does the same thing for me. It launches Origin instead of giving me additional download options. It looks like we are stuck, folks. I hope this gets addressed promptly. I've been riding for CDPR for far too long to be neglected like this. We paid for the game like everybody else.

hello. CDprojekt. I've been waiting for this next-generation update for days. However, since my platform is Origin (EA), I am not receiving updates. Thanks to CDprojekt for their hard work on this next-generation update, please help me get the update as well. thank you

share this post with someone with the same problem and ask to comment so we can try to reach the CD. It can't stay like this we bought the game legally we have the right to complain.

Still no word from EA on this free update being delivered to the client. CDPR we need you to be the ones to reach out to EA since they seem to not care either way if their customers receive a product they paid legally the same as everyone else.

Top Bottom