Witcher compilation...?

+
Witcher compilation...?

I was wondering, since the Witcher series became commercial and critical success, if they are going to get a compilation package, containing all games in one box. Many successful game franchises, from Hitman, to Tomb Raider, Mass Effect, Baldur's Gate, or Blizzard's Battle Chests, after a few years, get released in one happy package! Which is ideal for gift, or holiday purchases; even as a casual purchase is fine, too.

Now, since games are sold separately and on discount too, on GoG, many will think of it as a poor idea. Still, a nice compilation would rock anytime. What do you all think... Would you purchase it?

Honestly, since most game collections don't come with manuals or other (physical) extras, I don't see the point in buying a disc set. Especially when they're so cheap to buy from GOG, and you save paper, plastic and shipping costs.

Yes, but it would really have to be something really unique and special, since the CE's that I have are already fantastic.
So a little bit latter maybe when W3 EE comes out as a special edition.

If a Witcher compilation came out with a t-shirt, poster and medallion, then I would buy the hell out of it.

Personally, I wouldn't buy it. I love CDPR and Geralt's series but with the TW3 Collection Editor's I will get enough. I rather spend my money in CP2077 and others new stuff from CDPR.

That's also true Wichat.

Also give it a year or so after TW3 is released, and GOG will offer the first two games 75% or 80% off and TW3 at least 50% off.

I like boxed versions of games as much as any other gamer from the 90's, but reducing the amount of paper and plastic garbage is good for the environment.

Only after CDPR would be completely done with W3. So the collection would contain every official release from little patches to enhanced editions. If I remember correctly that Mass Effect collection didnt contain everything which made the collection just a cheap way to milk the series.

Yes, the ME collection only had the DLC from Mass Effect included and the Cerberus Network passes for Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3. You did get Zaeed, Hammerhead and some weapons with ME2 but you have the buy the rest of the DLC.

Furthermore some of the DLC isn't even available for purchase given that it was pre-order bonus only. So the only way to acquire them is to buy a very expensive code on ebay or pirate them.

mariobros777 said:
I was wondering, since the Witcher series became commercial and critical success, if they are going to get a compilation package, containing all games in one box. Many successful game franchises, from Hitman, to Tomb Raider, Mass Effect, Baldur's Gate, or Blizzard's Battle Chests, after a few years, get released in one happy package! Which is ideal for gift, or holiday purchases; even as a casual purchase is fine, too.

Now, since games are sold separately and on discount too, on GoG, many will think of it as a poor idea. Still, a nice compilation would rock anytime. What do you all think... Would you purchase it?

Please post in existing topics before making new one as this has already been discussed here

http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/35995-idea-for-cd-projekt-red-to-make-more-money/

Now what I've posted there, problems will occur as the Witcher franchise has been about physical goodies and releasing a compilation package would then either require existing goodies (which would defeat the purpose as you could just buy them separately probably cheaper on the market) or new goodies (defeating the purpose of Collectors edition). More-so while it's a "treat" for consumers it's not really viable for CD RED as they have to go through with publishers and distributors again rather than just stick to GoG where they can control it to be 100% consumer friendly and also get 100% profit. I just find it as too much extra hassle for little gain when they should rather focus on new games and polishing the existing ones rather than trying to "milk" consumers.

MarcAuron said:
Yes, but it would really have to be something really unique and special, since the CE's that I have are already fantastic.
So a little bit latter maybe when W3 EE comes out as a special edition.
That would be awesome .

All 3 games in one package? Oh, yes please! That would be an instant purchase for me, even if they'd already be installed. Think of it this way. How many copies of this thing do you think is going to sell on its day of release?

Do the same for The Witcher series, please; and watch all the skeptics here just hand over their wallets.

-Windebieste.

Well, all my Witcher games are collectors editions so CDPR would have to include in such box something really, really nice to get me buy it. But even then I would probably pass on such box set cause all game updates are free and CDPR don't release DLC's to TW games so there wouldn't be anything to actually gain from such box.

Top Bottom