WitcherCraft

+
WitcherCraft

Hey all.

While this idea is still very basic, I'm incredibly keen to attempt to recreate the Witcher world (At this point only planning Vizima and the swamp + maybe outskirts) in MINECRAFT. Ideally the map would then become a role playing world and all that, but at the heart of this I just want to be able to explore the Witcher Universe outside of the novels and games.

Just let me know what you think?

In terms of measurement I'm think of using Geralt's body and shadow to measure buildings, streets etc: taking into account that I'll judge that Geralt is two blocks high, or the same as a door.

I have a few textures done and will eventually try to get some pictures out.

------A few Block/ mob Ideas-------

Iron Armour = Knight of the Eternal Fire's gear
Diamond Armour = Vran Armour
Swords = Different Meteorite swords
Brewing stand = Campfire
Splash potions = Bombs
Damage potions = oils
Gold nuggets or Emeralds = Orens
Enderchests = Reliefs that you have to place Triss's source trackers in.

Zombie = Drowners
Skeleton = Ghouls/Abgouls
Spider = Kikimore
Creeper = bloedzuiger

The more common blocks (cobble, stone, dirt, gravel) will be based upon the graphics from the first game

Well, if you do this, you should definitely use the "Custom NPCs" mod by Noppes, which adds Custom NPCs, weapons, items, checkpoints and more.

I think it's a cool idea. I tried doing something like this way back in Minecraft, but it proved to be a too difficult task. Good luck, though.

Yes definitely, Custom NPC's I reckon is a must, but sadly I think I could only implicate this is the later stages. It would be a matter of terraforming and getting textures right as well, so gradual changes would occur.

There is also the concept of creating it early by server, in which others (if trusted on the forum)could help as they probably have better knowledge than me

Well, I imagine employing others’ help is a must. However, before that can be done you’d probably have to draw up a general map first to coordinate everyone’s efforts and tell people where to do what without losing the overview.

Yeah. I think the first thing I need to do is get a basic vizima house with a good texture pack that people agree on so we can get a basic feeling. The map shouldn't be too bad I guess.

I'm trying to build an inventory for Different block types, please just post and I'll see what I can add. I'll edit my earlier post with some ideas on blocks.

Oh man. When I saw the title, I thought someone was making a custom RPG adventure using the Warcraft 3 editor :p

That sounds like an awesome idea mate! Best of luck. I bet that you could recruit a couple of peeps from the Witcher forum to help you if need be. Good luck with your endeavour!

Sounds interesting. In theory I could help out with crafting but I am pretty uncreative. Why did I get minecraft then? Well I had some nice ideas and made them. Basically I can work and build if I know what to do. I tried making kami's lookout from DBZ, but there was still a sky limit. It took me a looooong time to build it but in the end I managed. Too bad it was just the basic shape with nothing on it and no interior design.

Are you going to make it in creative mode or survival mode? I like survival mode myself. It makes everything so much more rewarding.

Hahaha yeah the Warcraft 3 idea would be sick.

Probably make it in creative, less time plus its easier to change as it becomes more accurate n stuff.

Top Bottom