Wolf School Gear: Kaer Morhen Signal Tower Chest/Crystal/Portal Bug AFTER Patch 1.11

+
Hi,

I'm having the same issue. Patch 1.23 here, already downloaded Heart of Stone DLC.

The issue are :
1. Unlootable chest (contained the letter);
2. The crsytal which already been there can't be activated by "Aard" sign;
3. There is no other crystal (near ledge out of the tower).

Also already followed instructions from YouTube or any other forums, which tell you to get to the cave below (jump towards it), but there is no skeleton available. I've read people posted here (patch 1.10 and the rest of it before patch 1.23), unfortunately it is still having the issue.

It really nice to know if there is any solution from developer to the issue. Thanks :)

Regards,

Bug on the wolf school gear in Kaer Morhen

I have the same problem (well describe by armano13) with the PS4 version patch 1.23

It's really frustrating, thank you to find a solution

Last edited:
Please make it work once and for all CD Projekt Red!

I'm having the same problem as most of us do, which is not being able to open the chest in the first place in the old signal tower. It's really frustrating to hear that it got patched a couple of times already and still doesn't work for a lot of people, not just for me alone.

Last edited:
Just want to add my name to the list of people hoping this issue will get resolved some day... Got Witcher 3 with the latest patch and all DLCs, and the quest is bugged. :(

Hey all, be kind and contact RED support with this issue http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

In the mean while you could try to rebuild PS4 database (apparently reinstalling the game doesn't work). I can't tell if it fixes the issue or not, but it has helped me with some problems in this game. And it doesn't take much time.

Hey all, be kind and contact RED support with this issue http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

In the mean while you could try to rebuild PS4 database (apparently reinstalling the game doesn't work). I can't tell if it fixes the issue or not, but it has helped me with some problems in this game. And it doesn't take much time.

I already contacted them through contact support. I think the best thing to do now is to wait feedback or solutions given by them now.

I'll try rebuilding the database tonight! Kind of a Hail Mary, but it's worth a shot! Thanks! :)

For those wondering, here's how you can rebuild the PS4's database:

1. Power off the PS4 by either unplugging it, or pressing the power button.
2. Press and hold the power button until the console beeps twice. (Takes a few seconds.)
3. Connect your PS4 controller via the USB cable.
4. Press the PS button on the controller.
5. In the Safe Mode menu, choose "Rebuild Database."

This will start the Rebuild Database function. Might take a few hours to process... When it's done you'll be back at the sign in screen.

I'll try rebuilding the database tonight! Kind of a Hail Mary, but it's worth a shot! Thanks! :)

For those wondering, here's how you can rebuild the PS4's database:

1. Power off the PS4 by either unplugging it, or pressing the power button.
2. Press and hold the power button until the console beeps twice. (Takes a few seconds.)
3. Connect your PS4 controller via the USB cable.
4. Press the PS button on the controller.
5. In the Safe Mode menu, choose "Rebuild Database."

This will start the Rebuild Database function. Might take a few hours to process... When it's done you'll be back at the sign in screen.

Thanks for the instructions :)

This didn't take me more than 15-30 mins to do (done this two or three times). Not sure though what affects the time.

By the way, for other people's benefit: I reported the bug via the form you recommended, Sunsibar, and someone from support very quickly informed me that the issue was known to the dev team and they are working on a fix.

Very happy that the devs are still fixing bugs so long after release! Love CD Projekt Red!!

So... I tried rebuilding the database, but alas it didn't solve the issue. Thanks for the tip, Sunsibar... Was worth a shot!

I'm having this issue too; the chest is unlootable, there is no second crystal & the 'fist' crystal doesn't respond to any sign...

I have the same bug, unlootable chest, no 2nd crystal, and AARD sign charge the crystal. I hope they find a fix for this soon, i wanna wear that Wolf School Armor :((

tried jumping towards the cave, no skeleton or what so ever

Just a stupid question: I read always patch 1.11... There's the actual hotfix for PS4 with number 1.23!!! Do you have installed that one too?!

Last edited:
I have the same problem, I just bought the game, then played a couple of weeks and installed Wolf gear dlc. I encountered a bug when I can’t get the basic wolf equipment in a Signal Tower in Kaer Morhen. The chest is inactive. Version 1.60 PS4. All other dlcs work good.

Last edited:
2019 and still a problem easy patch was to not require the previous set to craft the next one up for this but never happened

Top Bottom