Wrong eye level - why does my female V has her eyes at the level of her chin?

+
Has anyone ever wondered why your female V is the smallest person in the game (besides children)?
Because your eyes are positioned at your chin:

eye2.jpg

And this is how it looks from first person view:

eye1.jpg

Your character just looks down everytime they talk to someone to see equal parts face and equal parts boobs, regardless of sexual identity.
It's a dominance thing.

My character's eye level is at the knees. As I often get stuck in crouch during conversations and you can't get out of it until the conversation ends.

As for driving, there‘s a setting for that. I changed it, now I can finally see the road ahead from inside the car. But that‘s a different topic.

As for the eye level, it didn‘t strike me as an issue yet, but it sounds like an interesting objection. I‘ll look out for it next time.

You could report it here:

Although, I‘d wait with that until the biggest issues are solved.

Has anyone ever wondered why your female V is the smallest person in the game (besides children)?

View attachment 11112845

View attachment 11112848

Yep! You're exactly right - it's because the first-person charactermodel is uhm... speshuuuuul. I mean, we have a third-person model, as seen in the inventory and the PhotoMode... now somebody just has to animate it properly for first-person use.

Here's me hoping that's gonna happen eventually ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_13.png
    Screenshot_13.png
    4 MB · Views: 225
  • Screenshot_14.png
    Screenshot_14.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 251
No.
It's not just looking down.
The first person camera is at least 5 inches too low positioned. It's not where your eyes are.

Yeah, I've noticed this too. My guess is that it's related to using the body model for the gun arm, but people don't typically walk around with guns held in the positions they're held in FPS games. Having a lower eye level means that the gun arm can be straighter.

Yeah, I've noticed this too. My guess is that it's related to using the body model for the gun arm, but people don't typically walk around with guns held in the positions they're held in FPS games. Having a lower eye level means that the gun arm can be straighter.
Hmm, is it the usual approach for first person games to constantly place the camera at the hight of your shoulders?

Before, I couldn’t see the street before from inside the car. Now I can.

It was the worst for me on the motorcycles... thanks to that little option tho... I was able to see! Now they just have to fix the camera snapping back to it's root position and I'm gonna be SO happy ;)

Hmm, is it the usual approach for first person games to constantly place the camera at the hight of your shoulders?

I honestly don't know, but it would only matter in games where you can see your own body. In most FPS games you can only see your arms, but some where you can see your whole body also have weird things going on with the model when viewed from third person. For example:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/2an7rt

View attachment 11112845

View attachment 11112848
It's actually worse than that. if you look straight down you can't actually see your own chest. it suggests that the camera is also too far forward. 1st person V might actually be a hunch back. also if you look sideways in a car you'll notice your shoulders are weirdly close.

Untitled5.jpg
Here compare this with what you see when you look down at your own feet. See how far V's feet are from the centre of the screen? Notice the bottom of the screen is already at the hips? please fix this, it makes driving most cars in 1st person atrocious.

Untitled6.jpg
Notice how weird the position of the shoulders are? Notice how close they appear?
Untitled7.jpg

Untitled8.jpg

she shouldn't be seeing the dash board or at least just barely!
Post automatically merged:

Untitled9.jpg

Just got this gem. probably a better illustration of my point than the pervious post. I've seen this in other games but it's effect is most problematic in this game because this is paired with the camera also being too low ala OP.

Last edited:
This further proves my assumption, that the eyes (the camera) are positioned at the height of chin and shoulders.

This happens since 1.4 patch, it was at right level before.
I think its due to temporary fix to not showing nudity outside inventory (before u could see your chest while looking down).
Maybe they'll fix it down the line.

Top Bottom