XP Farming

+
I've found some very effective ways to farm XP in The Witcher III, but all of these methods quickly become obsolete once you reach higher levels, since you only get 1/15 of the normal XP when you're 6 levels above the quest/monster level. So where can I farm XP for higher levels?

Any help is welcome!

From my point of view, there’s not much point in farming XP. It’s not like, for example, Elder Scrolls Online, where that approach might be smart. When it comes to TW3 it is better to focus on the quests. However, there are so many optional quests in the game, it’s impossible to not get overpowered once in a while. Plus, in general, TW3 gets easier past level 25-30. So pushing your XP too much, may not provide the best experience...

Of course you could use enemy scaling (there is an option for that in the menu), but if you do so the balancing can get pretty bad in some situations - especially during the first 30 levels.

The game is specifically designed to avoid "grinding". In fact, many of the mechanics actively prevent it from happening. It's not a game that works like Diablo, Skyrim, or most MMOs. It's a more old-school approach, with character progress effectively capped until the main plot advances to the next "chapter". It's a balancing thing.

You seem to have the idea already. You can grind up to a point, then it will become basically useless to try until you advance the plot. However, you will still only receive noticeable experience from enemies/quests at or exceeding your current level. Again, grinding seems to be purposefully avoided.

From my point of view, there’s not much point in farming XP. It’s not like, for example, Elder Scrolls Online, where that approach might be smart. When it comes to TW3 it is better to focus on the quests. However, there are so many optional quests in the game, it’s impossible to not get overpowered once in a while. Plus, in general, TW3 gets easier past level 25-30. So pushing your XP too much, may not provide the best experience...

Of course you could use enemy scaling (there is an option for that in the menu), but if you do so the balancing can get pretty bad in some situations - especially during the first 30 levels.
The game is specifically designed to avoid "grinding". In fact, many of the mechanics actively prevent it from happening. It's not a game that works like Diablo, Skyrim, or most MMOs. It's a more old-school approach, with character progress effectively capped until the main plot advances to the next "chapter". It's a balancing thing.

You seem to have the idea already. You can grind up to a point, then it will become basically useless to try until you advance the plot. However, you will still only receive noticeable experience from enemies/quests at or exceeding your current level. Again, grinding seems to be purposefully avoided.
Dang. so, in other words, I can't grind to level 70 without taking an extensive amount of time getting 1 or 2 experience points per enemy kill?

Dang. so, in other words, I can't grind to level 70 without taking an extensive amount of time getting 1 or 2 experience points per enemy kill?

Not even that, I don't think. After a certain point, you get 0 XP for certain quests enemies.

You won't want for xp in this game if you complete most of the quests you come across. No need to grind. Well, maybe just a wee bit now and then to level up Aerondight.

now much you can really do to farm. anything within 5 levels is only thing you may get a bit from. you get to a point where have to do new game plus

Top Bottom