Your favorite Witcher moments - Contest

+
Definitely the most touching and tear jerking moment for me occurred when you were given the option to let Roche kill King Henselt for slaughtering his Blue Stripes comrades that he commanded. I allowed Roche to kill him without a second thought because I really like the character Roche and when I walked into the tent and saw all his soldiers slaughtered, I felt for Roche's pain and grief. A lot of my feelings were in the excellent writing of this game that made me love and hate certain characters, but it goes a little deeper than that for me. You see, I've always been interested in the way real world special forces operate and have watched many videos and read tons of literature on special forces and the bonds that are developed between soldiers in the military. What's fascinating about special forces like the Blue Stripes is that these kind of bonds like Roche and his teammates shared can be stronger than the bond they may have with their own blood family. I learned that the most important person in combat is the person next you to and this is so true. You eat, sleep, pray, laugh, exercise, tell life stories, and develop a trust between your squad mates that last until they die. Roche was their leader and this huge responsibility entailed making sure his team is safe. He had no control over what happened to his comrades and it wasn't his fault. I wanted Roche to kill Henselt because as the story went on I began to gain respect for Roche and the values he follows, and I started to look up to him as a role model and friend of Geralts. So it goes without saying that it was my pleasure as his friend and comrade and it was only fair to allow Roche to get payback for his teammates.

The fantastic way the games has enveloped the atmosphere of the book. The moral ambiguity, no clear right or wrong. The choices between an evil and a lesser evil. It's so great to have a story-focused RPG with no right or wrong choices, but a rich world that at incites you with both time of amazement over the detailed and well structured it is, as well as time of contempt for the dirtiness of the characters that live in it.

"The sword of destiny has two edges. You are one of them."

The thing with the cemetery, in the night i should go there in the church and wait, and i think there was the striege, i tried the shelter spell and it works, i was so glad, that this intuitive judgement from me had a good effect on the battle, so i felt a bit like a "real" magigian ;-)

The deepest impact in my life respective The Witcher series had the moment when I realized the world and the characters represented in a video game are so well pictured that I need to know more about it. At the beginning of the game I barely knew that The Witcher based on a book series but after a while of gaming I went to the bookstore to buy all of Sapkowski's books (The Witcher, The Hussite Trilogy, etc).
But the most fascinating thing is that the game series and the book series don't compete against each other nor do they tell the exact same story. They complete each other in a way I've never seen before between a video game and a book. I've never played and read at the same time in fear of being disappointed in either the game or the book. And most of the time the fear was legit. But in this case The Witcher universe felt complemented.

So what is my favourite moment? It was finding out the depth of the beautifull but dark story that is told, recognizing a lot of different aspects of the characters and become scared of the moment when the game will end. You guys introduced me to polish storytelling and folklore and I am very thankfull for that.

TW2
My favorite moment was when Phillip removes the curse of Saskia and kissed by a rose and then Zoltan said:
"Lesbomancja my favorite branch of magic".

TW1
When Jaskier describes an encounter Foltest and Radowid "Brave Radowidzie ..."
Geralt then brings him to the ground "Stop talking you have to put out this mess"

Favourite moment from Witcher 1: flashback scene after returning to Wyzima: "I found my path. Ideals aren't worth dying for, especially if they're based on hatred. I chose neutrality. I am a witcher"

Favourite moments from Witcher 2: Geralt reunited with Triss in Nilfgardian jail and Vernon bringing Anais to Natalis at talks.

Some favourite lines and dialouges:

Geralt: Your ass puts others to shame. (to Lady of the Lake)

Geralt: I'd like to see you try, pleb. (To Reverend)

Vincet: Witcher-detective turns witcher-therapist. (to Geralt)

Triss: Any advise? Geralt: Don't get eaten.

Geralt: I am a witcher not a hit...alright, 10 000. (to Foltest)

Hello!

First, I want to say that I am French, and I'm not fluent in English, which could explain some mistakes in my story! ;)/>/>

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUCZsRVzV3I[/media]

A long way, here is what to expect. Roach was exhausted by the two days that came to pass. Fortunately, Vizima was not far, its high walls were visible by the light of the winter moon. Dandelion sat down before sing a love poem. The witcher did not leave the fire of his eyes, as if he hoped to find answers to his questions.
"Tell me Geralt, Dandelion say, you never told me the most important moment of your adventures ..."
The witcher stretched long before searching his memory. After a long silence, he spoke :

"I still remember when I came to Vizima looking for the salamander and its leader, Azar Javed. There were so many people in this city that I felt dizzy ! Music, life, but also all the plots in the city of Temeria remind me of the strange feeling that I had. I was almost euphoric, both lost and fascinated by all the opportunities and choices that were available to me. This was definitely a very exciting time ... "

The witcher was silent, as if he regretted have said too much. Dandelion looked at him, and desirous to learn more, questioned again:
"It is true that Vizima is a beautiful city, but I'm sure it is not your best memory, am I right?"
The witcher smiled and answered:

"Indeed Dandelion. I remember the difficulty I encountered when I discovered the cursed patterns for making my new armor. These patterns explain the legend of three brothers and their legendary weapons and armor. I remember an incredible hunt launched to find and recover all the ingredients and orens required for their manufacture. Once completed, I remember talking to Braz Ban Ard, who helped me to make The Kinslayer's Outfit. This power I used to feel ... My sword was flying and nothing could avoid it ... And it is decked out with this armor that I met Lehto, the Assassin of Kings ... "

"Yes, I remember that, Dandelion said . A great adventure, to Flotsam from Loc Muinne ..."

"He stood there before me, Geralt explained. I had only one desire : kill him. But first, I needed an explanation. Why did he kill Foltest ? He said to me something that made ​​me doubt, I understood then and his reasons. Despite all the wrong he has committed to the Northern Kingdoms, I let him go. I was pensive and disillusioned, and even a little sad. Because it was all an adventure that was ending ... "

Silence fell between the poet and the witcher. The fire crackled, and we could hear a wolf in the distance. This is when Geralt spoke again.

"My best memory is far from being as glorious. That takes place in Murky Waters, at the tavern. While I was talking with the innkeeper, he began to tell me the story of a girl. She was a true princess, sorceress and witcheress. I could not believe that a innkeeper may know this story. I remember I had a strange smile on my face. Because this tale made ​​me remember a part of my past when I was with Milva, Cahir, Angoulême and Regis ... "

"And I was there too, don't forget Geralt ! Interjected Dandelion"

"Yes, you were with us Dandelion. I remembered my friends, I remembered Ciri ... Who knows where she may be now?"
Dandelion stood up and dusted his legs.

"Oh don't worry Geralt, he said. I'm sure you will see her sooner than you think ..."

So these are moments that I will never forget :

The arrival in Vizima - The Witcher

The Dark mode - The Witcher 2

The final explanation with Letho in Loc Muinne - The Witcher 2

And above all the story of the innkeeper in Act 4 of The Witcher.

Of course, I did not talk about such beautiful music of the first act of The Witcher, the fascinating and frightening atmosphere of Flotsam, dialogues so funny with the guards and prostitutes ... All these moments make me say that The Witcher is by far my favorite video game, and I can't wait to be able to discover the end of the story of Geralt of Rivia ...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufKD1xMVP_I[/media]

I also include the French version of my text, in case one of you speak French! ;)/>/>

Une longue route, voila ce qui les attendait. Ablette était exténuée par les deux jours qui venaient de se passer. Fort heureusement, Wyzima n'était plus très loin, ses hautes murailles étaient visibles au clair de la lune d'hiver. Jaskier s'assis avant de chantonner un poème d'amour. Le sorceleur ne quittait pas le feu des yeux, comme si il espérait y trouver des réponses

Well, it must be that part in The Witcher between the

"His name was Geralt of Rivia. He was a witcher, a professional monster slayer."

and

"What then happened to the witcher? That is a different tale entirely."

lines..

Else the Wild Hunt take me!

Tą krótką anegdotkę napiszę w moim ojczystym języku, a zarazem w ojczystym języku Wiedźmina (jako powieści). Polski, cóż za piękna mowa. Nawet melodyczna Starsza Mowa, język elfów o szpiczastych uszach, jej ustępuje. Przejdźmy jednakże do historyjki. Jest prosta i krótka, a miała miejsce, gdy spędzałem swój wolny czas na zgłębianiu i tworzeniu historii Geralta, grając w Wiedźmina 2.

<b> Przechadzając się wieczorem po obskurnym, mrocznym i wilgotnym Flotsam, trafiłem do portu. Przeszedłem przez wybrzeże wypatrując ryb, syren i kejranów. Gdy już księżyc był wysoko, stwierdziłem, że to najlepsza pora by udać się z moją jakże ważną sprawą do Loredo. Mijając kilka łodzi, spokojnym krokiem zmierzałem w kierunku miasta. Gdy przechodziłem przez bramę drogę zastąpiło mi czterech jegomości. O wybaczcie. Nie byli godny by nazywać ich jegomościami. Byli to zwyczajni rozbójnicy, chamy szukające rozróby. Mieli pałki. Jeden z nich, ten najbardziej łysy, zaczął coś burczeć w moją stronę i stwierdził że przejścia nie ma. Zanim skończył mówić wyjąłem z pochwy mój błyszczący, wiedźmiński miecz. Wszyscy czterej w jednej chwili ucichli. Po chwili dowiedziałem się, że nie szukają zwady. Gdybym zaraz nie schował miecza pewnie uciekliby w popłochu.
Krótka, a treściwa historyjka o jednej z pobocznych przygód Białego Wilka. <\b>

Pozdrawiam twórców oraz wszystkich fanów. ~Naarg

The collectable cards in Witcher 1. I swear, I still hear "Gotta catch 'em all!" theme whenever you get one.

There are definetely many of my favourite and unforgettable moments :D.
I'll try to pick some (quotes may not be accurate since I have played only polish edition):

1. Javed's reaction on Geralt's preparations before fighting Professor

I will just never forget Javed screaming after trying to hit Geralt. He was like: HOLLY FUCK! ALUZUR'S SHIELD! I will better get the fuck out of here! (And in polish he screamed: "Ja cię kurwa pierdolę! Tarcza Alzura!") Hah, I think he realised, who is he dealing with then ;).

2. Thaler

Thaler is one of my favourite characters. I just love his badass approach. And all the dialoges with him. I was so glad to hear from him in the second game. The line "but you still fucked up in the castle" was hilarous. I hope to meet him face to face again in The Witcher 3 :D.

3. Autopsy with Shani

I got so many wrong results doing that quest. You realy had to be prepared for this one. Just awesome playing a detective/pathologist.

4. Odrin

It took me a while to find Odrin but it was soooo worth it :D. I was surprised with Odrin's reaction when talking to the guard: "What?! You have betrayed me!", which resulted in failing the quest. Adding the BATS and the song sang by Odrin and his friends, make the funniest part of the game.

5. Hung Over quest

That's the second place in funny things in The Witcher 2. Geralt waking up, dressed only in his underwear, trying to find out what was happening last night. And the best moment of that was when he DOES find out - that he was trying "to cross the river on the whore's ass" in company of Blue Stripes. Oh, and he got a little souvenir, remebering him that night - The Blue Stripes Tattoo.

6. The Dragon

Now for one of the most shocking parts. Saskia saving Geralt's life, as the dragon. My God, that was just insane! My face was looking very similar to Dethmold's one when escaping. And then finding out, she is in fact Borche's daughter. Mindblowing. It will be interesting to have such an ally in the next game.

7. Geralt's Nightmare

Presented at the beggining of both games nightmare - that is the thing you just can't forget. There are so many questions about it. But it still may contain some anwsers as well. How did Geralt come back to this realm and time? Who or what brought him back? I'm certain, we will uncover all the mysteries playing The Witcher 3 ;)

Once upon a time in Flotsam, Geralt went to the inn, attempting to win some coin from the local fistfights.

I entered the door, and the music changed to the lovely music that makes you long for the olden time, and the laughs from the loyal patrons. I went downstairs, and in the hallway, I see a guard pissing, in a washbucket. As I tried to ignore him, and simply walk past, he looked at me, and said "Welcome to Flotsam *hic*" still pissing.

The mix of the music, the laughs, and just, the atmosphere,made that so memoriable, and I will cherish that moment till the end of my days.

I'll never forget how in W1 Geralt, Jaskier and Zoltan went to the tavern to drink and discuss Geralt's dissonance with Triss and ended up going to a brothel. That scene is something you never get in games. Not only is it awesomely written, but it adds a whole new layer of awesomeness to the story and characters.

Translated the vid into Ukrainian and uploaded it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS_o-WiUpts

In The Witcher, all the places and sounds make me want to go back in time to the 1270s, and live there by hiring a Witcher and get rid of the problems or me being a Witcher.
The same in The Witcher 2, when I thought The Witcher could not make a better mood for playing the game, The Witcher 2 came out.
It's hard to name my favourite moment, but if I'd must I sad that that is when I first time get to Vergen with the elves, and I can hear the dwarfs speak about their everydays. That scene is just awesome!

Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Hungary and that's why I want to thank you for fully localising The Witcher 1 at us!

Hello, it's been a while...

My favourite moment in TW1 is Geralt's way of taking care of the little blond kid(forgot his name), who he took over and brought to Triss. It was like a fatherly love. He protected him till the end and that's what inspired me. There were harsh times in this era. So harsh that he ought to protect him from those monsters lurking around.

Another favourite moment was the Dagon boss from Call of Cthulhu Mythos of H. P. Lovecraft, where he has been assigned to take care of and kill, so that he could finally set the whole island free from the Deep ones. It really reminded me of those stories Lovecraft wrote.

:)

I like to start with the The Witcher 1. There are a lot of moments that I can't remove from my memory. For instance that funny moment when Geralt is with Vesna in the old mill and the villagers say that: "The old mill it's haunted again, we need a witcher, where is one when you need him?" That's pretty funny.
But the most epic moment of the game is when you realize that the Grand Master is actually Alvin. When he disappear in chapter IV, he actually traveled in time. That was mind blowing for me.

In the Witcher 2 one funny moment is when you arrive in Flotsam, after the fight with the elves. Geralt, Vernon and Triss are encountered by a guard and the dialogue with him is pretty funny. Another cool moment is when Geralt goes after Loredo and he meet his mother with the table full of drugs. On Iorveth path, in chapter II, that peasant's dream with Saskia is so hilarious.
One moment in the game that makes you to have goosebumps is in chapter III, when some mens from the Order of the Flaming Rose came to arrest Sile. After that, the attack of the dragon.

There are plenty of epic moments in The Witcher series and it's hard to choose your favorite.
On this occasion I want to thank those of CDPR for doing a wonderful job.

If we really had to try to understand why The Witcher (1 & 2) are so incredible, the answer would be simply: everything. While mixing all the qualities with intelligence, measure and coherence, these games become something like a gigantic completely crazy object ; a «

In the first Witcher game, the thing I loved the most perhaps, is how you pictured common folk and the level design associated with it. Villagers were mostly unaware of politics and the intrigues surrounding them. They just wanted to have something to eat, a place to sleep and a god to pray. I also loved the fact, that the world didn't have spectacular locations with giant statues, glowing trees trying to impress you, like most fantasy games do. It was just so wonderfully ordinary, that it felt very realistic. And that's what dark fantasy should be - realistic despite having magic and inhuman races.

And the other thing I remember from Witcher 1 was the music, so very fitting to the atmosphere (the largest contributor to it in fact) - I still have it on my mp3 player.

In the Witcher 2 it's hard to pinpoint something standing head and shoulders above the rest, but the moment that stuck in my mind the most was something very small - it was a decision in the Act I, to give Iorweth a sword or push him away. It had a timer and I was so unprepared for it.

Thanks for doing the contest, I wish you 12 million Witchers next year! (of course if you release Witcher 3 in 2014!)

1- Geralt helping Saskia in her quest. I was quite fond of Saskia as a character (not only is she a strong and visionary women, but she is also the daughter of Borch Three-Jackdaws!) and I absolutely like the idea of Geralt fighting alongside Dandelion and Zoltan to create a kingdom where humans and non-humans would live in harmony.

2- The complexe character of Iorveth. Neither terrorist, neither noble liberator ; he is an elf fighting for a noble cause (freeing the non-humans of the human oppression), but for bad reasons (vengeance) and with bad methods. He has a certain nobility in his way, his love for Saskia make him more "human" (so to speak), but he has a lot to atone for. I hope he will be still around in the Witcher 3 (along with Saskia). Although Iorveth isn't the only complex and interesting character of the serie (CD Projekt has a great talent to create interesting characters in my opinion), he is one of my favorites!

3- The relation between Geralt and Dandelion. Certainly unique and faithful to the books, I absolutely like the bond existing between those two characters and all the consequences deriving from it. Such as Geralt saving one again Dandelion from death... by hanging! The Witcher (as well the books as the games) wouldn't be the same without Geralt and Dandelion friendship!

It is quite difficult for me to choose what aspects of the games are best. I find that CD Projekt has done an incredible job adapting the universe and characters of Andrej Sapkowksi and there is really few things, if no things at all, that I dislike in the games.

I loved witcher so much that I bought the Collectors Edition of Witcher 2 even though my computer couldn't handle it. To this day, I still have my copy of Witcher 2 and my laptop still can't handle it. LOL.

Nevertheless, my excitement and anticipation has not lessened and I look forward to the day when I'll be able to play Witcher 2. Already planning to get Witcher 3 fully knowing my computer (obviously) cannot handle witcher 3. LOL

Top Bottom