Your Fears For the Game - Combined Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your fears for the game

Sounds like a "What do you NOT want to see" but it's not really is.
I have several concerns.
-Story wise it's all a 'Braindance', the actual city got ICBMed or some other shit like that and it's all history.
-DENUVO (small chance but still, don't trust anyone on 100%)
-RP System trimmed by a half at very least/dump skills with rare situational use.
-Less playable classes than 2020, exclusion of Nomads/Rockerboys/Media and other unpopular votes on the forum discussion poll.
-No wasteland.

metalmaniac21;n7062920 said:
-RP System trimmed by a half at very least/dump skills with rare situational use. -Less playable classes than 2020, exclusion of Nomads/Rockerboys/Media and other unpopular votes on the forum discussion poll

That's pretty much guaranteed...how would you implement a class with skills like singing and dancing, here? More likely will follow Deus Ex with four main routes of gameplay: combat, stealth, hacking and social. They deliver on that and still we'll have more than you could ask for AAA rpg of this scope...even New Vegas could not offer nearly as much.

All of it will come down to gameplay and rpg mechanics...a.k.a Achilles heel of all CDPR games and they'll need to improve dramatically here.
What worries me, ( unlike when it comes to UI design/movement controls/etc) is they do not seem particularly receptive to feedback and really correcting these issues (If you cannot balance a simple Quen sign and few sets of Witcher gear, how on earth will they deal with ton of stats, perks, skills, weapon types, augments, weapon customization system, etc, etc... sorry for railing off here?)

Imho, it feels they lack their own "visionaire" as lead on this ( similar to influence Miyazaki had on From Soft games), as instead they emulate playstyles/concepts from other games, and only end up with too many contradictions in return.

Really hope Cyberpunk is CDPR's turning point on this.

metalmaniac21;n7062920 said:
haha, what? of all the things cdpr could realistically mess up, this isn't one of them. (granted I don't care about denuvo, but in the eyes of a lot of people it would be messing up).
they run a shop that is literally fighting drm. why would they suddenly go against what their appeal is?

Is Denuvo even preventing piracy? Last couple of titles with it, tanked pretty hard financially ( Deus Ex, Watch Dogs, Dishonored...) and don't remember anyone bragging about sudden sales boost because of it.
Though with how much $ Rockstar made from GTA online micro transactions, I can see how that could be very tempting, even for CDPR to include here.

My biggest concern is that the gameplay and the integration of the rulesystem (and all that comes with it, world/item/NPC interactions and the PC's efficiency with any given task governed by those rules) is streamlined to the point of irrelevancy and inconsequentiality like it most usually is with modern AAA "aRPG's". That what we get with the game is just a relatively safe-bet continuation of the current gaming trends with nothing really to make it stand out from the rest of the grey mass, no creative gameplay conventions (combat and otherwise), no pushing the envelope, nothing, just a spectacularly good looking and probably relatively well written, but overall very lukewarm and run off the mill yet-another-mainstream-action-arr-pee-gee-like-any-other.

I've been pretty vocal about this, but I've also not been given any reason to think otherwise.

Last edited:
Zagor-Te-Nay;n7066660 said:
Is Denuvo even preventing piracy?
Not really. Denuvo eventually got bypassed after a few months. The only thing Denuvo does at this point is gives additional 10-25% CPU load due to terribly engineered VM.
Sure, some games never saw a release (post patch MGSV & Arkham Knight), but mostly it's EA's multiplayer shooters, no big deal.

Exactly. Go full combat even if 2020 establishes the setting as brutally violent is kinda boring, we all can thank bethesda for proving this with Failout 4. But then again, more freedom in character creation should let other playstyles to shine even in combat requiering missions, so this is something less to fear of. But still, this is CDPR and their stake is ACTION, so... Really makes one think.

Suhiira;n7068190 said:
My major concern is the only combat mechanics will be FPS style and 50% or more of the games missions/quests will require combat.

That too, yeah. I want to want to engage in a mechanically and tactically interesting conflict and still feel like I'm playing an RPG where I have my role to build which dictates his efficiency -- not that the RPG takes a break for when ever there's violence going on and continues when it's over, and not thinking of these events as just something to get over with which normal FPS/TPS mechanics and over reliance on combat in general so fervently produce.

Last edited:
kofeiiniturpa;n7068660 said:
I want to want to engage in a mechanically and tactically interesting conflict and still feel like I'm playing an RPG where I have my role to build which dictates his efficiency -- not that the RPG takes a break for when ever there's violence going on and continues when it's over, and not thinking of these events as just something to get over with which normal FPS/TPS mechanics and over reliance on combat in general so fervently produce.

Eh? Is that some kind of poem? :p

Sardukhar;n7070850 said:
I'm going to merge them. Probably.

What's the point? It's not like we're getting flooded with duplicate threads by excessive forum traffic. ...yet.

Zagor-Te-Nay;n7070980 said:
Eh? Is that some kind of poem? :p

You can not tell? Sacré bleu! Where, oh where is the world going.

My expression and rhyming must be too profound.

Last edited:
Looking at the job listing on their site grow and grow is not comforting. Are they keeping people long term? That's my worry. A lot of people have left the company.

Garrison72;n7077380 said:
Looking at the job listing on their site grow and grow is not comforting. Are they keeping people long term? That's my worry. A lot of people have left the company.

Yes... I've been looking at some employee reviews( this is not to be taken as facts though) and on the negatives, it seems a recurring pattern...poor management, promotion system and crunch. Plenty of extremely passionate and talented people, but also lack of experienced lead designers( one line in particular stands out: the company design-fu seems to be ' do a bunch of game systems separately and try to somehow sew it together later on').
Though this is also an industry problem...Blizzard, I think, has highest retention rate.

my greatest fears for the game?
dolls
fish men
paper eating nanno bullshit
datakrash
an 8 year development cycle
DOLLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom