Your greatest Gwent fails

+
There are a lot of things to be aware of in Gwent like numbers, key words, positioning etc. What were your greatest fails, worst misplays or worst deckbuilding decisions so far?

Here is mine and I'm sure I'm not the only one who went down this road:
The deck is a harmony focused ST deck that also runs Igni. My opponent had two 7 point cards on melee along with others and I got excited. Maybe a little bit to much. I thought "burn in hell suckers!" and played Igni but nothing happened. It took some seconds until I realized he/she had only had 17 points in total on the row :facepalm:. I wish I could have seen my opponent laughing.

There are a lot of things to be aware of in Gwent like numbers, key words, positioning etc. What were your greatest fails, worst misplays or worst deckbuilding decisions so far?

Here is mine and I'm sure I'm not the only one who went down this road:
The deck is a harmony focused ST deck that also runs Igni. My opponent had two 7 point cards on melee along with others and I got excited. Maybe a little bit to much. I thought "burn in hell suckers!" and played Igni but nothing happened. It took some seconds until I realized he/she had only had 17 points in total on the row :facepalm:. I wish I could have seen my opponent laughing.

Mine is similar. My opponent had a lot of 3p units and I had Schirru in my deck, unfortunately not in my hand. Than I thought "Oh, but I have Call of the Forest, let's burn them!" Of course it was a desaster because Schirru was boosted by Call and destroyed more of my units. Sometimes I wish it would be possible to taunt ourself and not only the opponent.

Yeah, I sometimes use the 'bad play'-taunt when I misplay but it usually doesn't fit. There should be an option to express 'sorry, I misplayed smiley'.

Do you mean missplays tied to the game or in the game itself ?
In terms of the first I accidentally gg'ed a Lockdown player (after winning the game).
In terms of in-game missplays I got too greedy several times and even though it is generally not worth it took a final mulligan bricking my entire hand (e.g. mulliganing Blue Stripes Commando expecting to get either Roche or Decree with 2 mulligans, I ended up with 2 Scouts and no Commandos round 3).

Do you mean missplays tied to the game or in the game itself ?

I thought about ingame misplays but if it is connected to Gwent it's ok.

Another time I was playing a NG deck, had last say and Leo on hand for the win. Realised too late that it was a witcher I wanted to kill not a big unit but I had put him on melee as usual :).

used royal decree for philippa eilhart while having 0 coins ;(

picked 2nd copy of a card multiple times while having shupe in the arena

Shupe is a classical, but my all time favorite is when I dry pass the 2nd round after loosing the first one ...

I did that too :LOL:
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, I sometimes use the 'bad play'-taunt when I misplay but it usually doesn't fit. There should be an option to express 'sorry, I misplayed smiley'.

Today I faced an opponent, who did the same - repeatedly - because he played Ketullis in R2 after I dry passed. I felt with him :oops:

Last edited:
Losing track of rounds happens way too much to me.
Using Scorch, not realising I have the highest unit on the board, should be the heart attack moment, though.

I've had at least 3 people play the 1-cap spying unit that spawns a copy of one of my units. As the opening card of a round.

My own stuffups have been mainly forgetting to click an order, misclicking and shooting my own unit, forgetting the order I'm doing things in, e.g. I do 2 damage with only ST units, it's arena, and I play my non-ST unit, then order up the damage, then wonder why the opposing unit isn't dead like it should be. Then click the bad move taunt.

Also lost one game because I wasn't aware you can't pass once you use a leader/unit order, you have to play a card. Also didn't realise you can discard rather than play a card for a bit, which hurt me.

Can I ask you guys a question?
I'm new to gwent and new to this forum so I cant create a new thread but something happened in my game that I didnt understand and it seems fitting for this thread anyway because it was a fail on my part lol
Im Northern Realms my opponent is Nilfgaard
My opponent played a card, I dont remember excatly which one but it copied a card from my hand and played it.
Sabrina Glevissig, a spy unit which he places on my side.
I tried to play Elf and onion soup to pick sabrina and another northern card to destroy and create a new card. As soon as i clicked Sabrina The elf and onion soup just destroyed itself and went into my graveyard with no effect.
My guess is that I cant use it on spy cards?
But then shouldnt it be greyed out rather then just making me lose the card. I had three other northern realm cards down so i could have used it even if not on Sabrina.
I dont really understand what happened. Did I just botch it?
Thanks for any replies.

The elf and onion soup just destroyed itself and went into my graveyard with no effect.
My guess is that I cant use it on spy cards?

Correct. It would have been better, if you couldn't target the card at all.

I played NG against SK. Opponent had Sukrus and Artis and i used Letho: Kingslayer on Artis :LOL: So everything i played died instantly and everything he played was protected by Sukrus :eek:

Correct. It would have been better, if you couldn't target the card at all.

I think the problem was that you didn't have another gold card on the board and the Elf-soup-card requires to select two cards of the same color. Selecting spy units should work in general.

Guest 4368268

I tried to get rid of Roche blocking Covenant-Sukrus by damaging it by 3 with mardroeme. But instead of dying it went to 12 strength. I'm not quite sure this is a fail on my end though. :disapprove:

Top Bottom