YOUR patch 1.5 discussion thread

+
I have the original version of the game. I'm assuming I'll have to do a load of patching like you've said as it's not the EE. Which section in the In-Game Tech forum would I go to though, in order to fully patch my game? I'm not sure where to start.

I have no patches yet and i dont know witch ones to download i cant find any other ones but 1.4 and 1.5 so if anyone could make a link to the patches i need to download from the very begging i just installed the game so i dont have any yet and cant figure it out.

Mullaney said:
I have no patches yet and i dont know witch ones to download i cant find any other ones but 1.4 and 1.5 so if anyone could make a link to the patches i need to download from the very begging i just installed the game so i dont have any yet and cant figure it out.
Read the FAQ in the Tech section of the forum, and you'll find that 1.4 and 1.5 are all you need. If you have the original version of the game, the 1.4 patch is quite a large download, so you'll have a lot of patching to do, but you don't need a lot of different ones, at least. ;) The 1.4 patch is only for those who have the original version of the game (red box); if you bought the enhanced edition of the game (black box), then you're already patched up to 1.4, right out of the box, so all you need is Patch 1.5 (and the Director's Cut, if you should happen to be in North America and if you should happen to want the uncensored version of the game).

I try to install the 1.4 patch and it says that i dont have the corresponding language pack or something and that i need to download it how do i do that?

You get the language package here. Sometimes it happens that you have problems to load the site or to download the material. In most cases the reason is the anti virus software. An other reason is Internet Explore, then take an other browser.This thread is a very comprehensive topic about languages packs problems. You can check it as well if you have problems. And if you don't want to work through all 15 pages, just ask there and specify your problem ;)

I have download 1.4 and 1.5 and installed them both but the check for updates thing is still blinking and i am just wondering if this is normal or i am missing some patch

Mullaney said:
I have download 1.4 and 1.5 and installed them both but the check for updates thing is still blinking and i am just wondering if this is normal or i am missing some patch
Check your version number. If it's 1.4.5.1304, then you have the latest, and you can just ignore the blinking.

Patch 1.5.(0.1304) supplies you with version 1.4.5.1304, so I suppose you have the latest patch. I can't explain why, but that's how it is :teeth:

Mullaney said:
i have version 1.5.0.1304 wouldn't that be higher then 1.4.5.1304
Could you double-check that number? 'Cause the FAQ in the Tech section says this:
Q: How do i know what game version do i have and what to do to update the game?A: To see your game version you can run the game in windowed mode by unchecking the Fullscreen check box in the Options -> Video menu in game, then press Accept, and the game version is written in the window title.If you have version:any version lower than 1.4.5 -> get the Enhanced Edition patch install it and then get patch 1.5 and install it too1.4.5.1280 / 1.4.5.1282 / 1.4.5.1303 -> get patch 1.51.4.5.1304 -> you have the latest patch installed

hy out there,as i was raving about one of the most fun rpgs out there with my friends, one of them got convinced to get a copy of the game :peace:as he likes something to display on his shelf he now asked me if its still possible to buy the "big cardbox packaged collectors edition" of the game, register it online and then "upgrade" to the enchanced edition? or if he has to buy the "small/inferior looking" rereleased enhanced edition. :-\i bought my copy some time before the enhancement patch and registered it asap, so i could upgrade after the release, but i am not sure if its still possible...please clarify ;Dthx @all

As far as I know, the "Collector's Edition" is no longer available at retail, though you can sometimes find it on ebay. If your friend does get ahold of it, the old edition is upgradable to the EE via patch.Or did you just mean the red-boxed original edition? That's still available at retail.

hey corylea,thx u for the quick reply.he can get hold of this one: http://www.amazon.de/NAMCO-BANDAI-Partners-The-Witcher/dp/B000VWP1NS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1253738133&sr=8-3and it simply looks better thenhttp://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B001AJQ79I/sr=8-3/qid=1253738133/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1253738133&sr=8-3 ::)so you think it may still work?that would be just great!s

Price wise the first one is a good deal All your friend would need to do is make sure that it has a reg key Then your friend can reg the game and get the upgrade to turn it into a EEfor free ;)Now if your friend get the second one then your friend would not need to worry much in upgrading it to turn it to the EE.But still a good idea to reg the game :whistle:

All versions of The Witcher are upgradable to enhanced edition, 'cos the developers are awesome like that.Me, I got a collector's edition, then went and got the EE as well, just 'cos I intended to uninstall the game (in the process of freeing up 600 GB for video recording & editing), and the reinstalling process would just be easier.Oh yes, me and my convenience kicks.I haven't registered my EE version, though.Don't really see the point 'cos I'm already registered and have access to downloadables, etc.

Top Bottom