Easter eggs you'd like to see in Cyberpunk2077?

+
Just to turn the track of the thread in a slightly different direction...

What Witcher easter eggs would folks to see ?

Just to turn the track of the thread in a slightly different direction...

What Witcher easter eggs would folks to see ?

I know there is a sect of some sort called the "inquisitor" (at least, in my version of the Pnp, not sure how they're named in english), who are against technology and will attack anyone who'll be cybernetised.
They could use the medieval clothes, armor, etc... and make a sect hidden somewhere, with character from the witcher who'll attack you.
For the story, if it needs any, it could just be a bunch of drug-addict freaks who looted an history museum and are so much high that they think they live in the middle-age, and you are a demon of some sorts.

It would be fun to have a battle "Medieval RPG vs Futurist RPG".

Or maybe just a club called "The Witcher", with a modern Geralt as barman.

the glasses and tattoos of Spider Jerusalem as a costumization

Win.

It'd be fun to have an area in the game where we could find enemies NPCs based on every user in this forum. They would obviously have the users' names and some other details too.

This idea is based on a cemetery in the game Arcanum where the players could find headstones of the players who played the beta version of the game

Lisbeth_Salander;n9165740 said:
It'd be fun to have an area in the game where we could find enemies NPCs based on every user in this forum. They would obviously have the users' names and some other details too.

This idea is based on a cemetery in the game Arcanum where the players could find headstones of the players who played the beta version of the game

They actually did something similar in The Witcher 3 where you could find a list of prisoners which got the names of users and mods from the forum

I don't rightly know what kind of easter eggs I'd want in the game, but I'm silently hoping it's not full of Witcher references.

There was a good rule I heard back in the day about easter eggs that if you don't know what it is, it shouldn't disturb you (i.e. doesn't make you wonder what it was you just saw); but if you do know it, you have fun finding it out.

That's why I think easter eggs should be as subtle as possible.

Something like... You might find this here and there in the game if you know where to look:

Or you might see this kind of small old painting in the corner of someones office:

But... Nothing large and flashy that forces itself to the forefront when you happen by it. "HERE SEE ME! I'M AN EASTER EGG! ME ME ME; HERE HERE HERE!"

braindancer12;n9165780 said:
They actually did something similar in The Witcher 3 where you could find a list of prisoners which got the names of users and mods from the forum

Are you some of those prisoners?
What's with rpg developers having S&M fantasies?

Lisbeth_Salander;n9166150 said:
Are you some of those prisoners?
What's with rpg developers having S&M fantasies?

I wasn't, I don't know the whole list at the moment but mostly I think it were mods like Sard or Reptile. It was pretty funny to see other sites report about that easter egg but of course they didn't know what the names mean and thought about book or movie references but yeah it was an insider easter egg after all meant for the forum

Not sure if I already had posted this in here somewhere(?):

Well, a Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40 Watt Range, of course.

CD Projekt RED's mad street rep would get even madder (in my book, at least) if they made a little in-game cutscene that would play out upon entering a certain gun shop in Night City, where you'd overhear a big bulky guy at the counter asking for said Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40 Watt Range in a thick Austrian-German accent and then actually(!) get handed one.
He then just silently would pay up and leave the shop, but not without briefly fixating you with a cold blank gaze (including a hint of red light coming from behind the pupils) while passing by on his way out.

When the cutscene ends and it'd be your turn at the counter you'd have the opportunity to ask for a Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40 Watt Range as well, but when doing so the clerk would only shrug, point to the shop's entrance and respond "Sorry pal, that was the last one."

kofeiiniturpa;n9165920 said:
There was a good rule I heard back in the day about easter eggs that if you don't know what it is, it shouldn't disturb you (i.e. doesn't make you wonder what it was you just saw); but if you do know it, you have fun finding it out.

That's why I think easter eggs should be as subtle as possible.

Something like... You might find this here and there in the game if you know where to look:

I like the idea. It could lead to a side quest. No need to find them all, but the consequences could be different. We could meet a strange guy, who's looking for an old cop and... a woman.

I dont have easter eggs. Like you said, subtility is good and you dont play to see them. It seems that we have so many possibilities, but meeting Ciri is the 1st one. Whatever how.

I have a scene, more than an easter egg... I keep in mind the fact that we could turn crazy, psycho, and face some hard brain dance session, as a punishment. Many possible consequences. One of them, being under surveillance for a limited time. We could have some restricted locations during this time, so we couldnt start some quests, we couldnt buy some weapons, or some implants.
A player could be patient, he could decide to see some girls and have some fun.
So here he is, on the good street, so close to some pleasure. But what happen when he get close to the door ? Psycho squad come in some flying vehicule, the player see 5 badass cops walking all around him.
He could hear "Hey asshole, do you remember what we told you about exciting things?" (Me and my poor english, sure we could find better)
The cops could start laugh at him, and still not moving, and then some hard silence.
What the player could do? Fighting ? No way. Will he try to enter the bar ? No chance.

I see it like an hard humiliation scene, where the player could only have one reasonnable option, turn back and go hide somewhere, "la queue entre les jambes" in french.

Cameos from Morgan Blackhand (As an old man, naturally... And I'm thinking Mr. Pondsmith just MIGHT insist on this one.), Spider Murphy, Johnny Silverhand, Nomad Santiago, Rogue, and any of the famous characters in the C.P 2020 mythology.

"Spit-to-pay", as seen in Episode 06 of Altered Carbon.
Not necessarily in that context and not as something the PC could do at a whim of course, but as part of a cutscene, for instance.

Not sure if that'd be even possible lore-wise but it'd be quite "punk" if it were.

It would be cool to have Ciri be Involved with a side quest in some way, considering she was in that universe for six months, that could be a nice nod to the people who had played Witcher , maybe even have some more magic type things in her quest as well to let people know shes not form the cyberpunk world. And maybe even a Blade Runner reference with a guy on a roof that's dying and he quotes some poetry.

Top Bottom