Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sardukhar;n9527251 said:
Eventually I merge most (all?) leaks and E3 and Update News! threads to this one. Makes it easier to PROVE EVERYONE WRONG.

CDPR isn't saying what is or isn't accurate about the leaks. Standard policy. Maybe it's all true! Maybe none of it's true! Certainly the game isn't out yet so it's like Schrodinger's Game!

Also, [h=1]CD Projekt Rich: Witcher 3 revenues total $250 million[/h]
Did not know they grossed a quarter billion US ( 1 billion polish) on that. Or, if I did, I didn't really clue in. Because AWESOME.

If I remember correctly, TW3 cost $81 million to develop. So they got around triple of what they spent back. Not bad.

Meccanical;n9527561 said:
If I remember correctly, TW3 cost $81 million to develop. So they got around triple of what they spent back. Not bad.

81 million dollars with the marketing cost, which was mostly covered by distributors (in exchange for percentage from the income for every sold copy of the game). The game development itself costed around 32 million dollars (without taking cost of the expansions under consideration),

Shavod;n9530491 said:
The game development itself costed around 32 million dollars

Isn't this a huge indicator that tells us how competent CDPR is? I mean 32 million is very low cost when compared to other games in the industry. Which makes me think how beautiful CP2077 is going to be.

Lisbeth_Salander;n9530591 said:
Isn't this a huge indicator that tells us how competent CDPR is? I mean 32 million is very low cost when compared to other games in the industry. Which makes me think how beautiful CP2077 is going to be.

An amazing accomplishment no matter the cost. I think the differences in currency might have something to do with relative costs though. Imagine what could have been done however, if each had the same amount of money. :)

Lisbeth_Salander;n9537971 said:
It seems like you're late to the party. I bet you don't still don't know that we'll have a Tommy Wiseau themed gang in Cyberpunk 2077.

ya ive been away from the internets for a month now. hope i didnt miss anything too important like a release date or a new trailer

animalfather;n9540321 said:
well 4 times bigger content wise is like insane. i just hope its not 4 times bigger with empty streets/wasteland.

If the leak is true, I would expect 4 times larger map area, and more quest content/dialogues but less than 4 times as much. It was a similar trend between TW2 and TW3 as well, the latter was said by the developers to have a map area that is 35 times larger, but even with the expansions included, it contains "only" about 3.5 times more voice acting. And to offset the decrease in density, more effort might be put into simulating a living world than Witcher 3's simple POIs, and vehicles may compensate for the increased travel distances in the emptier types of environments (wastelands). Of course, this is all speculation and might turn out to be wrong.

well 4 times bigger content wise is like insane. i just hope its not 4 times bigger with empty streets/wasteland.

It might be that most of the space is occupied with big buildings and even thought it is " 4 times bigger" overall, there might still be less (or about equal amount of) space to move around (discounting possible vertical movement here).

And there's a thred for this topic already, but I don't think it makes much of a difference whether the streets are occupied or not if you can't interact with any of it. It just takes a bit longer to realize that the prop-crowdedness is almost as empty as if it was actually empty. Some visual illusion needs to exist, obviously and not "absolutely everything" needs a world changing interaction, but if these little interactions would be littered within the "crowd"... well, it's like a butter-eye or almond amidst the plate of porridge. But, yeah, that's enough of that here.

Last edited:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the amount of sources and resources behind 2020 that CDPR can tap for making 2077 is insane. CDPR is sitting on a very deep gold mine.

On the size and scope of "CP 2077", it wouldn't surprise me in the least that it is going to be far larger than Witcher 3 as the PNP which C.P 2077 is based off of has an absolutely HUGE and detailed library in which to draw from... and indeed, a massive mythos of it's own.

Greetings.
This is not new, yes.
But perhaps true at all.
When you seen the interviews with Mike, you get to know that they are building a dense and huge complex world.
That lets you know that it is a huge possibility that they are going to build a massive open world beyond of what they have done with Witcher series.
Since in their ultimate news about the people they are looking for, (environment artist) and the amount of people that they have on at the moment working.
Let's you know that this is going to be not only the biggest game yet, in a matter of not only speech, but in literally in real way of the sense, since they have let known.

Last edited:
Unfortunately a big world with nice scenery doesn't mean much in the long run.

When I first got Dragon Age: Origins I was totally blown away by the quality of the graphics and the amount of detail in Fedas. But I played it several times for the story not the pretty graphics.

Lisbeth_Salander;n9541911 said:
It will be exactly that.

That sounds crazy big.

On my 3rd play-though... I just now discovered Leos' grave.
Imagine playing multiple times through CP77, and still constantly finding little new things that you missed before. That would be awesome.

Guest 4149880

Any RPG worth a damn, would take years to fully discover everything, provided you're not living in the game. I'm sure CP77 will be one of those games if not even bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom