This forum toggles "Lock" status on new players.

+
This forum toggles "Lock" status on new players.

* (Sorry no tooltip on lock word, cause I am as bad making those as you guys are).

Messages get deleted and moved and you only get notified via private messages, and those were like hidden for me since I am new to all this stuff and simply didn't notice I got private messages.

New people need 10 posts to create new topics. And tell you what, when I'm new I don't particularily care about pro topics being discussed in majority on these forums, and even if I do try to participate in those, my posts get deleted with "low content value" excuse (well duh, obviously, I'm new, how am I supposed to get my posts count up then?), and while I try to post in older topics, where those were still times this game had new people existing, guess what? "necro! closed!"

Need "new players go here" separate forum. As much hate as hearthstone gets their ui was perfect even in closed alpha and their forums were a lot more user friendly, so if you're trying to compete, just go look at how your competition does it correct way. Seriously, any business does it this way: first thing you do is look at what's your competition doing and try to improve on it, or at the very least copy what's good. Looking is free, and everyone copies everyone anyways, nothing's wrong with making your forums new-people-friendly, like other games do.

If you'd like a history of why it was created ... you can check out this thread ... Any update on the Korean spam situation?? which was from the time right before the 10-post limitation came into effect and there were hundreds of spam-threads daily during closed beta. It's much better this way.

Last edited:
Also the stickied off topic post..Bekkers Twisted Mirror you can rack up posts in there ,with anything

TheShift;n10500242 said:
Also the stickied off topic post..Bekkers Twisted Mirror you can rack up posts in there ,with anything

Well, if only I knew it before all this things.

If you want to know the history behind my post: I came here because I had some problems ingame, went to forums, hit create new topic button, and found out that I can't do that. ok, I go to first thread which is "ask devs", and I see a bunch of people asking random questions there, most of the time flavoured with some "low value" text. Like some person right before me was just saying he's new and asking some noob question. So I decided I can adress my problems there. Posted my message which got instantly deleted (as I thought) without any trace (later I found out it was moved to another topic). So I basically had 2 options: give up on finding help and as a result on the game (which I really strongly considered) or be persistent and find at least some answers, which worked out in the end well (for me), but I guess I caused some stir for mods.

That is why I think there should be a post with a clear title like "new players go here first", with like basic set of rules and a place to start their post count going...to say hi I'm new I got a question and where their questions won't be instantly removed without a trace, but where they'd get all the info I got from pms of angry mods or from jumping from topic to topic chasing my posts..

EDIT: yeah, btw about angry mods its a joke, considering my behaviour mods were very polite. So big thanks to them.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that.
the 10 post count is a necessary evil unfortunately

but seems you are well on your way now of starting topics

:hatsoff:

well, it got sorted for you now :) welcome to the forums.

As to the mods, well, they always have a reason to what they do :p They are quite strict on arguments admittedly, disputes aren't tolerated but that has its pros as well xD

I'm registered for about one year and it's the second time i jump on the forum to reply xD

Yes, i'm doing this for the 10 response now.. but.. if i ever had a problem, on forum there was already someone who posted my exact problem.. And found the solution without having to create new topics.

So.. for me it's not so important for now to posts new discussion xD Maybe in the future xD

The 10 post is a major turn off. . .
I lurked the forum for a week before deciding to join only to find out I could not post the topics I wanted

What if I had a new question as a new player and searching old posts didn't help?
What if I had a serious game breaking bug to report?
What if I had a major suggestion, but then don't remember it later when I finally hit 10

My hope is that I won't have to do this bitter dance a second time if I want to invest my time in another game by the same team

MaximumSquid;n10506662 said:
What if I had a new question as a new player and searching old posts didn't help?

GWENT: Community Q&A Thread - Ask Your Questions Here

MaximumSquid said:
What if I had a serious game breaking bug to report?

New Users Tech Support Thread or contact support

MaximumSquid said:
What if I had a major suggestion, but then don't remember it later when I finally hit 10

You can write it down in notepad (or whatever). Alternatively, you can post it in a general topic, like the the ones mentioned above, and ask the moderators to move it to the correct topic.

4RM3D;n10507112 said:
You can write it down in notepad (or whatever). Alternatively, you can post it in a general topic, like the the ones mentioned above, and ask the moderators to move it to the correct topic.

Yes, man but you're mentioning 3 different topics, and you're mentioning them in the middle of a fourth completely random (that is my) topic. New people with a problem or a quick (as they hope) question don't often care about jumping through 4 topics to get answers. Heck, I bet you, there were people who just turned back and walked away as soon as they tried to create their own topic and failed due to 10 posts requirement. And you're losing more people due to lack of one simple topic I've been talking since I appeared here: "new people come here first!" with basic set of rules and all those answers you're giving in each and every random post you catch at the wrong section of the forum, posted by new people.

tealquest;n10508482 said:
Yes, man but you're mentioning 3 different topics, and you're mentioning them in the middle of a fourth completely random (that is my) topic.

I have only mentioned the most ideal examples. In the end, all that matters is that your post has something of value. After that, it doesn't really matter where you post it, the moderators can always move it to a better location, where needed.

Glad I noticed this thread 5 seconds before I was about to start a lengthy post on current ST and recent patch changes coming from an 8 month ST only player(I didn't main dorfs last month, boring mindless trash). Lol@Google captcha asking me to do it again half way through my post, some 10-15 second window "Verfication expired."...Yeah I realize now it's meant to be done after you make your post, still nuts, never seen any site do that.

psk94;n10514122 said:
Glad I noticed this thread 5 seconds before

XD

Lucky you! Yeah, Threads for new people are hard to find here, and for some obscure reasons mods refuse to make easily NOTICABLE one (I guess they just love their work and are very communicative people - they love moving posts from thread to thread, and writing to people in person. Good hard-working people.)

I'd like to ask about forum usage. What is the point of making 10 posts before creating the topic? I have write a "guide" about: savoir-vire in gwent", but to post it I have to make 10 pointless posts anywhere else. Please explain that too me, becouse so far I think that I have just wasted my time.

Radnom.Generic;n10544052 said:
I'd like to ask about forum usage. What is the point of making 10 posts before creating the topic? I have write a "guide" about: savoir-vire in gwent", but to post it I have to make 10 pointless posts anywhere else. Please explain that too me, becouse so far I think that I have just wasted my time.

To answer your question:

If you'd like a history of why it was created ... you can check out this thread ... Any update on the Korean spam situation?? which was from the time right before the 10-post limitation came into effect and there were hundreds of spam-threads daily during closed beta. It's much better this way.

Anyhow, it sounds like you just want to make one thread and then leave the forums, otherwise you would be able to get 10 posts easy enough. Regardless, you can make your post in the thread below. The moderators can then move it to a new thread.

GWENT: Community Q&A Thread - Ask Your Questions Here

PS. Moved your post because it has already been answered before.

Top Bottom