Decided to quit

+
Snake_Foxhounder;n10682291 said:
The less randomness, the better. Gwent should be about setting up your plays and thinking, not pulling a random card that wins you the game. We're far from it, though.

As for daily quests; Play 40 cards is a common one.

And you get matched with players of your own rank in ranked play. While it's possible that some people buy their way into Gwent, it's not possible that 9 out of 10 people have these incredible decks that beat yours. It's most likely on your end. I just started my PC account, which I haven't used since closed beta. Most players at ranks 4-8 use pretty much starter decks, with a few new cards.You probably don't have a clear idea of what you want your deck to do. Look up some archetypes and try and build something that synergizes well, then slowly build your collection to support that archetype.

Maybe post your deck/ideas here, and people will help you get started.

Seen from an experienced player with a large card pool, the less randomness, the better, is true. But new/casual players will stop playing if a game is to skill intensive and if a game can only retain the most skilled players it will slowly die.

I have been playing a couple of weeks now, and the first week I was climbing the ladder, but now I'm stock at level 9, meeting decks that have good synergies while mine are just beefed up stater decks. I don't mind loosing games, I understand that I'm new at this game, but not being able to complete daily quests is frustrating.

I fear that @Metales1949 are right that it is gg for Gwent when the next expansion for Hearthstone comes out, and I don't want to invest either money nor time building a collection thinking that.

partci;n10682681 said:
Bennzilla What I did when I started was to mill two factions (namely ST and SK) so I can create 1 really viable deck, so I can climb and get dailies faster. It worked out and I refilled those two factions quite fast. Obviously it will be a lot harder to do that now, cause of the card pool, but if you know a faction or two that you like/want to play in general with, it's worth it to do something like this.

Also, keep an eye on cards that are considered OP and do not mill them till the next patch hits, so you can get the full value out of them.

Thanks for the advice, maybe i'll do that, but most likely I will just quit.

Bennzilla;n10682891 said:
Seen from an experienced player with a large card pool, the less randomness, the better, is true. But new/casual players will stop playing if a game is to skill intensive and if a game can only retain the most skilled players it will slowly die.

I have been playing a couple of weeks now, and the first week I was climbing the ladder, but now I'm stock at level 9, meeting decks that have good synergies while mine are just beefed up stater decks. I don't mind loosing games, I understand that I'm new at this game, but not being able to complete daily quests is frustrating.

I fear that @Metales1949 are right that it is gg for Gwent when the next expansion for Hearthstone comes out, and I don't want to invest either money nor time building a collection thinking that.

A lot of us started Gwent as their first Collectible Card game. Back in closed beta and early open beta, Gwent was even more skill intensive. That's exactly the reason why a lot of us got into it. Gwent requiring skill is what made Gwent what it is.

It just seems Gwent might not be your cup of tea. I know people here don't like it but look into Heartstone, unless you're already playing it. I hear it's less skill intensive and more random.

In case you continue with Gwent, it's incredibly easy to get a collection going. Play casual and win or lose you'll get rewards. One keg each day shouldn't be hard to get. Focus on one faction and archetype and get cards for that.

Hellsmoke77;n10681371 said:
The ST point spam deck is no worse than the NR swarm deck, or the SK bears deck, or alchemy..ST doesn't even have a T1 deck. People cried about dwarves, now they got nerfed useless and people found the next best thing to cry about. I'm curious to see what people cry about after elves are made useless..
You missed my point.

My point is point spam ST is an insult to ST because it's so utterly boring when you've got archetypes like Movement, Handbuff, Ambush/Control, Spell... which are all cast aside for this really boring style of play.

Same goes for where this happens in other factions.

Sailears;n10684261 said:
You missed my point.

My point is point spam ST is an insult to ST because it's so utterly boring when you've got archetypes like Movement, Handbuff, Ambush/Control, Spell... which are all cast aside for this really boring style of play.

Same goes for where this happens in other factions.

• Movement takes too much setup and your engine cards are removed too easily with no way to resurrect them unlike in other factions, it's not viable in the current meta.
• Ambush units suck because they don't flip on pass ofthen leaving you with zero value when opposition passes. They also can straight up lose you the game in a short round 3, they are not viable in the current meta.
• Handbuff is okay but also nothing special and the archetype alone is quite underwhelming, not viable in the current meta.
• Dwarves have been nerfed too hard and now have trouble keeping tempo and also not viable in the current meta.
• Spellateal is okay but your engine pieces are systematically zapped off the board in no time, again with no way to resurrect them unlike other factions. Not viable in the current meta.

Swap is the only thing left and you gotta be really good to take that to 21. None of the decks I mentioned are tier 1. Kill the swap archetype and people will just stop playing ST, I know I will. Then you will see nothing but Henselt, Alchemy and Greatswords.

One post deleted. Please keep your posts constructive, be polite and respect others, even if you don't agree with them.

it is absolutely ridiculous how bad the servers are for xbox players.

screw dailies. i've played my last game until cdpr fixes their servers for us.

Hellsmoke77;n10684591 said:
• Movement takes too much setup and your engine cards are removed too easily with no way to resurrect them unlike in other factions, it's not viable in the current meta.
• Ambush units suck because they don't flip on pass ofthen leaving you with zero value when opposition passes. They also can straight up lose you the game in a short round 3, they are not viable in the current meta.
• Handbuff is okay but also nothing special and the archetype alone is quite underwhelming, not viable in the current meta.
• Dwarves have been nerfed too hard and now have trouble keeping tempo and also not viable in the current meta.
• Spellateal is okay but your engine pieces are systematically zapped off the board in no time, again with no way to resurrect them unlike other factions. Not viable in the current meta.

Swap is the only thing left and you gotta be really good to take that to 21. None of the decks I mentioned are tier 1. Kill the swap archetype and people will just stop playing ST, I know I will. Then you will see nothing but Henselt, Alchemy and Greatswords.
...that's exactly what I'm saying for goodness sake...

Why do I not play constructed now? - because proper archetypes that should define ST, such as movement, are unplayable at high rank due to the state of the game. In general engine decks are ****ed at the moment due to the high amounts of removal by things like alchemy NG. Which is why point spamming, non-thematic or interesting archetypes are the only way to succeed.

Last edited:
Sailears;n10687461 said:
In general engine decks are ****ed at the moment due to the high amounts of removal by things like alchemy NG.

And yet, Henselt is currently doing extremely well.

The reason why Movement ST is struggling is probably not because it's an engine deck.
I think the main problem is that this archetypes still lacks cards to support it. Even before NG Alchemy that archetype was struggling.

devivre;n10687891 said:
And yet, Henselt is currently doing extremely well...

Is The Fatass an engine deck? I absolutely do not think so. The only engine card this deck is the Trebuchet and lately you can see it only pulled from the friggin Winch (another one of these cards that I want to see just banished from constructive).

the problem is netdeckers like more brouver-barclay-cleaver-spy abuse. Also why use engine cards when braindead elvenscout give 2bodies and can clear weather. remove create from ranked!!

i burn my brains to win with swormasters, heeloo cdpr why is braen 12points silver in 2k18????
:rage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pruny;n10687931 said:
... i burn my brains to win with swormasters, heeloo cdpr why is braen 12points silver in 2k18????
:rage:

Err... she's doing pretty fine in my Handbuff deck. Just make sure you have few Ambush Cards in it and she can bamboozle the shit out of Oppo.

Mathspy;n10681661 said:
Control Nilfgaard Alchemy and Greatswords engines just to mention two examples lol

As someone whose played mostly alchemy i can tell you for a fact that deck is no less guilty than the rest. That deck is being carried because of a INCREDIBLY broken bronze card that can be spam res'd. Its a glorified point spam deck in much the same way Bears are just its point are in removal. Its no less guilty - In fact its a good example of how bad this games becoming samey. Alchemy WOULD be a proper control deck if it hadnt been given resurrects, for whatever stupid reason CDPR had justifying that, but now? No its no better than Elf swarm, Bear Spam or whatever else has appeared now.

Last edited:
No Title

I've lost count of how many games I lost through this stupid mechanic. Always its same shi* vs SK, Alch with black blood, dumbstone... #COINRNGBORINGBASED!

Attachments

• photo202921.png
    photo202921.png
    131.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
I'm also playing less because every deck is just built around searching for spy now, as that is the only way to win or not get destroyed by the opponents spy. It just sucks that every Skellige deck HAS to run Hym into Skjall into Uldaryk, every NG deck HAS to run Rainfarn into Cantarella, and every ST deck HAS to run Brouver into Yaevinn. Henselt runs ADC into spy, but all other decks that can't benefit from that like Monster decks or non-Henselt NR decks are pretty awful because they can't search spy. You're on blue coin and the opponent searches his spy? GG you're going a card down. It's just the absolute worst Gwent has ever been, I even had more fun during the Dwarves meta in January. I hope they will remove CA spies from the game.

Lewt_2B;n10701301 said:
I'm also playing less because every deck is just built around searching for spy now, as that is the only way to win or not get destroyed by the opponents spy. It just sucks that every Skellige deck HAS to run Hym into Skjall into Uldaryk, every NG deck HAS to run Rainfarn into Cantarella, and every ST deck HAS to run Brouver into Yaevinn. Henselt runs ADC into spy, but all other decks that can't benefit from that like Monster decks or non-Henselt NR decks are pretty awful because they can't search spy. You're on blue coin and the opponent searches his spy? GG you're going a card down. It's just the absolute worst Gwent has ever been, I even had more fun during the Dwarves meta in January. I hope they will remove CA spies from the game.

i agree with alot you said about how toxic spies are to the meta.

every top tier deck now is just because it can abuse the coin and spies. henslet gets the bonus of triggering dun banner with spies too...

that is the true problem with dagon (cant tutor spy). better off playing nekkers that can afford to go down 2 cards and still have a shot at winning.

Seven 5-deal 13 bronzes are killing all interest in this game for me
Its super broken. I cant play any engine card, it gets killed immediately (6 or 7 times with new Triss). I cant play Greatsword or Longship, Seige support or Reinforced Trebuchet, Farseer or Dragoon, cant even play GOLDEN TrissBut, Borkh or YennCon WTF?
Im literally forced to play point spam because of broken unbalanced alchemy deck with 5-deal 13-repeat 6 times bronzes

WTF?

ZenaRose;n10707331 said:
Seven 5-deal 13 bronzes are killing all interest in this game for me
Its super broken. I cant play any engine card, it gets killed immediately (6 or 7 times with new Triss). I cant play Greatsword or Longship, Seige support or Reinforced Trebuchet, Farseer or Dragoon, cant even play GOLDEN TrissBut, Borkh or YennCon WTF?
Im literally forced to play point spam because of broken unbalanced alchemy deck with 5-deal 13-repeat 6 times bronzes

WTF?

Careful don't say anything about NG "it's perfecly okay", you might get jumped in here but I got your back.

All jokes aside I'm done for now as well, can't force myself to play anymore. Bought me 2 new games to get my mind off gwent. I'll check out the updates as they come and hope for the best. I'm not even upset about it anymore, just simply losing interest.

Top Bottom