Matchmaking Issues

+
archangeline;n9511411 said:
You just hit the no return point when the game said to you it's time to lose all game or leave a lots of money

Yeah, because money equals skill and because you don't already have a full competitive deck at rank 14, right? Oh, wait...

I can still win in casual but getting owned in ranked. Lots of level 12/13 rank 12/13 around which is pretty much, p2w. I'm not outraged by that because I have plenty of ore etc...it's just that "one deck to rule them all" is not the way I want to play. ST is only has 2/3 variations or you will not win again different decks. Set up to counter monsters?....Here, play against NR decks and NG for the lolz haha

gards;n9515871 said:
I can still win in casual but getting owned in ranked. Lots of level 12/13 rank 12/13 around which is pretty much, p2w.

Fully agree. In casual is ok. As I feared in ranked in becoming more and more difficult to win. If I play deck A I got enemies with decks M and N and if I play deck B I got X and Y. Lots of them with lots of premium cards, even full decks (payers). Of course, coincidences, coincidences.

As in hearthstone ranked games, it came out that the most unfavorable draw with the faintest probability is a fact. Game by game. I use a deck supposed to have all cards drawn until turn 3, with only less than 6.5% probability to have one card left and 0.68% probability to have 2 or more. Theoretical 0.68% turned into a practical 22%.

And I will say it again and again and again. Pity that such a wonderful game idea is being ruined by rigging the game and matchmaking. Whomever can count them probabilities will find out the same as me...if he/she would want to.

Stormbuster;n9518561 said:
Lots of them with lots of premium cards, even full decks (payers). Of course, coincidences, coincidences.
Premium cards in no way give your opponent an edge in a match (maybe as a pseudo distraction to your opponent?).

gards;n9515871 said:
I can still win in casual but getting owned in ranked. Lots of level 12/13 rank 12/13 around which is pretty much, p2w.

I think the difficulty is to know what you want and focus on that. If you are new to the game it's easy to invest in wrong cards.

Also: some people mill some of their leaders, which is enough to craft at least a gold card.

I recently started playing on ps4. While I did buy the starter pack, I was extremely unfortunate with all kegs until level 10 (only 1 or 2 silver, no gold). And I don't think that Zoltan Animal Tamer I got from the starter pack (which didn't even fit in my deck that well) really made the difference. And no, I didn't mill any leaders. I'm now rank 12 and level 13.

The thing is that there are certain decks that just don't work on ranked. Doesn't matter how expensive. And sometimes small deck building mistakes can make a huge difference.

4RM3D;n9515031 said:
Yeah, because money equals skill and because you don't already have a full competitive deck at rank 14, right? Oh, wait...

Thats the problem with thread merging and and not being allowed to create them. Sometimes its conventient for forum users but in this case it completely misses the point.

I was specifically talking about matchmaking in CASUAL. ( I am now rank 18 with a non netdeck Longship deck if that matters and rofling all the way).

My ISSUE is that CASUAL MODE matchmaking is non existant. I can take that same deck that took me to rank 18 to casual and NEVER win a single game!
Its obviously fine if some people want to take their insane tryhard decks to CASUAL mode to stomp people. But there should be SOME FORM OF MATCHMAKING IN CASUAL that prevents me from queueing into these same tryhards. I am certain my winrate in casual is nowhere even close to the winrates of the people i played in that particulard mode.

TL;DR : There does not seem to be a form of matchmaking in casual hence why all the super high end players go there to stomp moderately decent players which makes the game mode pretty pointless for me and i will never play it again unless that gets changed.

I do not enjoy netdecking. Building decks is a part of the card game experience. I cant play fun decks in Casual because there is no matchmaking and ranked is easier than casual because of that.

Last edited:
RaynStargaze

There is a hidden matchmaking system in casual similar to MMR in ranked, but it does take some time to properly adjust the values. So, if you jump into casual after only playing ranked, the values might be skewed a bit.

RaynStargaze;n9617821 said:
Thats the problem with thread merging and and not being allowed to create them. Sometimes its conventient for forum users but in this case it completely misses the point.

1. I'm guessing that's why 4RM3D quoted and answered the specific quote, and didn't address the 'original post. This can happen in any thread: a related but not identical point is brought up and discussed.

2. If you were here during the days where every day there were hours of the forums being filled with dozens of new spam threads, I'm pretty sure you'd agree that posting a few comments before starting your own thread is very acceptable.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi

after 3 or 4 days playing, I'm really enjoying the "Looking for a Worthy opponent" in rank matches. I mean, ho doesn't love to play against players 30 to 40 levels higher and loose most of the games? It's Awesome. Just want to play this crap for ever really

DIONISIOjp;n10479412 said:
is not?
ok, who then?

Actually, it looked like a rhetoric question to me. You can always try wording it differently.

In any case, AFAIK the ranked matchmaking only looks at your MMR when finding opponents; levels don't affect it. Even the highest-level players can be very low rank, especially when a season has only recently started.

Casual Match balancing?

So, here I am just starting out as of a few days ago and I go up against a Level 65+ Rank 'something' and I laugh at my chances.
We play and I'm clearly toyed with but whatever.

He played 'Imlerith something' - the card that duels the 'highest' enemy card. It comes with decent health and armor. It if wins, it gains health. Lol - it was a joke and rather amusing, since I had no cards to either duel it, or any items to take it out. Unless Manticore Venom etc. would have done it initially - didn't have one lol. Of course - he resurrects it, 2nd round and the same thing happens.

Is there balancing in place for 'Casual Match' or anywhere else for that matter?

MikeP999

The balancing in casual is still not ideal. Regardless, the level of the opponent only tells you how much (s)he's played the game and doesn't tell you much about the skill of the player, although there is a correlation between those two. Once you've reach level 10, you'll unlock ranked play and then you also get a rank besides your level (which resets every season). Ironically, the ranked mode is usually easier than casual for beginners.

As for Imlerith: Sabbath, you will quickly notice that there are a lot of decks that have threatening cards, if you don't have an answer for it, your chances of success drop quickly. Instead of trying to remove Imlerith, you can also try to play a strong unit that can survive his duel. With time you will learn the decks the opponent plays and how to counter them. If you want some more help, you can ask questions in this thread: GWENT: Community Q&A Thread - Ask Your Questions Here

4RM3D;n10585952 said:
MikeP999

The balancing in casual is still not ideal. Regardless, the level of the opponent only tells you how much (s)he's played the game and doesn't tell you much about the skill of the player, although there is a correlation between those two. Once you've reach level 10, you'll unlock ranked play and then you also get a rank besides your level (which resets every season). Ironically, the ranked mode is usually easier than casual for beginners.

As for Imlerith: Sabbath, you will quickly notice that there are a lot of decks that have threatening cards, if you don't have an answer for it, your chances of success drop quickly. Instead of trying to remove Imlerith, you can also try to play a strong unit that can survive his duel. With time you will learn the decks the opponent plays and how to counter them. If you want some more help, you can ask questions in this thread: GWENT: Community Q&A Thread - Ask Your Questions Here

Thanks for the very mature response :)
Unfortunately I didn't have any cards higher than Imlerith, so I was out of luck and watched Imlerith progressively get stronger and stronger gobbling up my cards. Oh well.

system match making garbage
stop that
always i get a bad composition of card every match
always i play vs who have counter deck
too much bugs too much hackers
this game will be dead soon if stay in this state

MikeP999
Not that easy tho. Certain decks focused around Sabbath will laugh even at a ciri nova dropped early, since they can just boost Imlerith with Parasite or Swallow.

Tall units can stop Imlerith, but you need to play them before they can play/renew Sabbath. And it's not always possible. Also a r1 adrenaline rush into r2 crone+mandrake can often mean gg.

Top Bottom