MIDWINTER UPDATE - CARD REVEALS (NEUTRAL CARDS)

+
Burza46;n9918281 said:
Players thought that Venendal Elite would be a problem

Venendal Elite is still potentially a problem and borderline oppressive if reveal is ever top tier. It's a bronze card that can easily cause 16-22 point swings, make Cantarella almost free and force the opponent to use their strong cards when it's far from optimal.

I agree, though, that we should wait until we have the whole picture to judge the new cards.

I have to say, that I trust the CDProjectRed in the regard of Yrden. Even if slight overpowered things or very complicated setups might pass the tests, Yrden is so straigth forward, that its strength is quite obvious. So, I'm completly sure that it won't be as OP as it sounds now.

We have not only seen hardly any new cards yet, but most importantly we haven't seen the changes to existing cards.
There will very likely be a lot of boost effects that will now strengthen. I guess all the effects that buff more than one unit will be at least partially strengthening effects, while effects that greatly boost a single unit will stay a boost. So, Yrden will be a counter for few units, who have a lot of points.

Guest 4226291

I think Yrden is too strong. And I think that a row cap is a huge mistake. Please don’t apply a row cap, the rows and some being row locked really helped balance some cards

Guest 4226291

But this destroys the idea of swarm as well the point of row locked cards.. I think changing it simply for mobile release is a huge mistake honestly. It won’t feel like gwent, and will start to feel like yugioh or hearthstone

Geralt: Yrden is clearly broken and it will be a mistake if they introduce him to game, you don't need to be a genius to know what will be happen if you make disappears 90% of the decks of the meta, and making 80% of cards of Gwent unviable, and again making overpowered NEUTRAL cards makes the game stale, if you are prepare to lose a lot of players for making their cards unplayable so go ahead.

I don't think Geralt:Yrden should be introduced in its current state and if it is, I hope CDPR is prepared to do what's necessary if the card turns out as broken as it sounds. We've already been suffering from absurd Neutral cards like Muzzle being introduced without any hotfix. Cards like Geralt:Yrden and Muzzle do absolutely nothing useful for the game besides killing any fun that anybody intends to have.

I guess I am one of the few people in this forum that likes the new Geralt: Yrden card as is. Its a gold card even if you put it in everyone of your decks it is not going to come up every time. If your strategy is to drop all the boosters in the 3rd round to clench victory then yes this will ruin some deck archetypes however most people tend to assume that this will hit with optimal board state which will not always be the case. If you are playing Geralt: Yrden you are effectively limiting your use of booster effects, token and hazards which I think if itself has some drawback. Sure Geralt: Yrden has the potential to swing games but it can be end up being dud of a gold card to in your hand.

JimboVT;n9926571 said:
If you are playing Geralt: Yrden you are effectively limiting your use of booster effects, token and hazards which I think if itself has some drawback
Indeed, now if only there was a faction that doesn't rely on boosting but instead strengthens..

Hydrahead;n9912381 said:
"This will be the inevitable Hearthstone patch that ruins the game with its RNG."

/Doomsayer out

hope not ... but one can see when playing Hearthstone Gwent is still a little bit behind with rules and balancing, hope they introduce something like Arena to grind the game to max :) would love that

Its early to say if its OP or not. There is a lot of cards to uncover yet. Maybe they have also a card that turns boosted value to base value...

It would be insane if you play Avallach: The Sage and spawn a copy of Saskia: Dragonfire.

What if Peasant fills the row so either player can't interact on that row. Can't put any card, apply hazard or boon. But that would be one strong bronze neutral card. But if all card will embrace being agile, a similar ability may be on its way.

So, new "neutral" cards that, as things stand, blatantly favour SK. What else is new...

On the bright side, poor Neophytes are finally getting their chance to shine. Saskia Dragonfire+Neophytes, the new meta/top tier deck. Haha!

Maybe there won't be as many buff effects after the patch than there are now. Otherwise Yrden will be a very unhealthy card.

I'm slightly concerned about the card Geralt: Yrden. If you would implement Yrden in the current state of Gwent it would counter / " destroy " alot of decks.
Spelltael, Spies, Swarm, Consume etc etc Basicly everything that boost. Only Skellige would benefit greatly from this card. Of course, it's wait and see what the cards exactly does when the patch hits.
Nevertheless, this card seems to be very strong when coupled with a pure strengthen deck and overpowering any deck that relies on boosting. Would prefer to see Yrden as a D-bomb with a body. Just like Geralt: Igni is basicly a Scorch with a body.

RidiculousName;n9939721 said:
What's better than a Boulder? Three Boulders!

Peasant Militia died before the patch is even out.

Spear with Veteran Skellige: as Lambert would say, "This is gonna hurt"

Last edited:
dgabor82;n9938611 said:
So Yrden in a non buff Skellige deck is basically an auto win?

Hard to tell. Besides the new cards we'll have to expect that some of the known cards will significantly change as well.
So it's hard to tell if Yrden really will be that powerful. Could be but not necessarily.

Top Bottom