Suggestions for New Cards

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
ser2440;n9730611 said:
I noticed that while the Monsters have various cards that possess good synergy with Frost and Fog, the same cannot be said about rain. So I had some ideas for new cards that could be used to create a new weather deck, one that focuses on rain:
Siren STR 3 Ranged Deploy: Damage an Enemy by 2. If it is or was under Rain, play another Siren from your deck
Vodyanoi Warrior (fish people, worshippers of dagon, Witcher 1) STR 6 Agile Whenever an enemy appears on a row with Rain, boost self by 2 Deploy: Boost self by 2 for every enemy under Rain.
^ this would include units moved to a row that's under Rain
Vodyanoi Priest (see above) STR 5 Agile Deploy: Boost an Ally by 4. If there is Rain anywhere on the board, boost by 7 instead
Gold card: Teyu (Vodyanoi rogue cleric from Witcher 1) STR 4 Agile Deploy: Boost 2 units on your side by 3 and spawn Rain on the opposite row.

:) <Thumbs Up>

I love the idea of a weather deck that focuses more on Rain synergy rather than always Frost and Fog taking centre stage. Something new is always good, hope CDPR keeps this in mind to do something with Rain and to have units Synergize with it.

Regards,
byExeplar

ser2440;n9730611 said:
I noticed that while the Monsters have various cards that possess good synergy with Frost and Fog, the same cannot be said about rain. So I had some ideas for new cards that could be used to create a new weather deck, one that focuses on rain:

Siren
STR 3
Ranged
Deploy: Damage an Enemy by 2. If it is or was under Rain, play another Siren from your deck

Vodyanoi Warrior (fish people, worshippers of dagon, Witcher 1)
STR 6
Agile
Whenever an enemy appears on a row with Rain, boost self by 2
Deploy: Boost self by 2 for every enemy under Rain.

^ this would include units moved to a row that's under Rain

Vodyanoi Priest (see above)
STR 5
Agile
Deploy: Boost an Ally by 4. If there is Rain anywhere on the board, boost by 7 instead

Gold card:
Teyu (Vodyanoi rogue cleric from Witcher 1)
STR 4
Agile
Deploy: Boost 2 units on your side by 3 and spawn Rain on the opposite row.

I personally would love to see this implemented in one of the later card additions.

Really like these idea's! keep up the good work!

I agree that Artifact Decompression for Triss or Geralt would be great. I'd also like to see one or the other get Sweers ability. A Gold neutral with the ability to send all copies of a card to the GY would be OP and game changing fun for everyone, even new players.

I've also got to agree the rain needs a rework. It's just useless ATM. It would also be great if all weather draw cards like Herbalists and Aretuza Adepts were 4 str like Wild Hunt Hounds.

Jigzter;n9724011 said:
As it stands, there's really no way to counter having a unit turned into a Jade figurine. I tried countering it with Summoning circle, I end up with another Jade Figurine unit. Now I don't know if that was actually intended since the description on Summoning Circle states that it spawns a copy of the last bronze or silver unit "any player placed on the board." Sure enough, if a Morkvarg or Olgeird went to the board from the Graveyard, Summoning circle wouldn't be able to copy it since it was due to the cards effect and not caused by a player selecting to put it on the board. Unfortunately, this is not the case with a Jade figurine, even though the descriptions on Coral and AD state "Transform" a unit. "Transform" for me meant it would be that same unit card on the board which just had it Power, image, and ability changed. What actually seems to happen is "Banish a unit and replace it with a Jade Figurine" as this is how summoning circle responds to it.

Hey guys! The issue above is no longer true. In the recent update of the game, the devs seemed to have fixed the issue though it was nowhere stated in the change log (or I couldn't find it if it was). But anyway, I just tried to use Summoning Circle after my opponent used Coral on one of my units, just for the heck of trying it out on the new patch, and presto(!) my bronze unit card got spawned back instead of a Jade Figurine. Summoning Circle can now definitely be used as counter-play to Artifact Decompression and Coral. Yipee!

Edit: I tried Summoning Circle again after an opponent used Coral and apparently, it's still an issue. Damn. I might have remembered it wrong the first time and an opponent used Artifact Decompression and not Coral. I'll try it again and see how it goes.

Last edited:
I really like to play with the Tuirseach Veterans, but the archetype needs some support. Maybe a Leader, maybe:

Eist Tuirseach (Leader)
Doomed, Stubborn

Srength: 1

Veteran 1

Deploy: Trigger the Veteran Ability of all your Tuirseach Units on the Board and Hand by 1 and Strengthen self for each Tuirseach unit on the Board by 1.​

Strengthening Units in your Hand AND on the Board might be a bit too much, but it has to be tested to see how exactly it works. Idea is - either you want a big Leader or you want bigger Units. I think it will be a fun combo to play around.

So far we have 6 Bronze (Veterans and Axemen) plus 1 Silver Tuirseach (Svanrige) in the game. I think it will be a nice buff to the lacking, but really interesting archetype.

Last edited:
Some Wild Hunt ideas. I think Auberon is the best of the bunch, but they'd all help synergy with a pure WH deck.

Bronze:

Wild Hunt Slaver- The Wild Hunt was created first and foremost to collect slaves in other dimensions. This would be a 2 strength unit with the ability to lock and do 1 damage to a unit in frost.

Wild Hunt Wraith/Specter- During their raids, the Wild Hunt used vision projections to appear more spectral and intimidating. These would be 7 strength and gain 1 strength each round if frost is on the opposite side of the board.

Aen Elle Royal Cupbearer-Eredin had the former king of the Aen Elle assassinated via poison. These would be 5 strength and work the opposite of the Vrihedd Dragoons, damaging one random unit in an opponent's hand by 1 each round. Can't destroy a unit in this manner.

Aen Elle Unicorn Hunter-Before invading other realms, the Aen Elle had a war with unicorns in their realm (I cannot make this stuff up). These would be 5 strength, move a unit to this row on its side like the drowner, and damage it by 3. Increase damage dealt by 1 for each damaged enemy unit already on the row.

Silver:

Naglfar-Eredin's ship. This would have 9 strength with 2 armor. Start on a 1 turn cooldown, boosting all wild hunt units on your side of the board by 2 when activated. This is my Wild Hunt alernative to Iris, who it is currently almost impossible to play Eredin without due to the lack of high tempo options.

Apiarian Phantom-The named Wild Hunt Hound from the Witcher Contract. This would be 7 Strength and reset a unit. If that unit is under frost, reset a second unit.

Gold:

Auberon Muircetach - The King of the Aene Elle before he was assassinated by Eredin via poison. He would be 6 strength and spawn a poisoned cup (same effect as Foul Ale) into your opponent's hand.

Avallac'h (Wild Hunt)- Once an instrumental member of Eredin's inner circle, responsible for research into Elder blood and creating the Wild Hunt navigators. He would be a 4 strength spy and allow you to play one bronze Wild Hunt unit from your deck. Repeat this ability whenever a Wild Hunt Officer (Eredin, Caranthir, Ge'els, Nithral, Imlerith, Auberon, or Wild Hunt Geralt) is played.

Geralt (Wild Hunt)-Geralt rode with the Wild Hunt for years, described by Eredin as his best warrior. This would be 5 strength and reset a boosted unit, then damage another unit by the lost power.

Last edited:
I'm sure there's a better name, but the Aen Elle back at Tir Na Lia are pretty cultured and unimposing. Look at Ge'els for example, who has the most unimposing card in the world yet is invaluable to many monster decks. I think the cupbearer would help remind folks that the Aen Elle aren't all brutal Wild Hunt slavers and Ge'els isn't some oddity among their people. It would certainly be possible to liven up the card a bit with a cool quote and having the image being some attendant slipping a few drops of poison into a chalice.

There's other options though for cards with the same effect. For example, the Wild Hunt Wraith would work well with the same effect, symbolizing the demoralizing effect they had on enemies during raids. You could make a Wild Hunt Elite Warrior or something that has the effect I originally gave the Wraiths of boosting themselves by 1 or 2 every round frost is on the other side of the board.

partci;n9837741 said:
I really like to play with the Tuirseach Veterans, but the archetype needs some support. Maybe a Leader, maybe:

Eist Tuirseach (Leader)
Doomed, Stubborn

Srength: 1

Veteran 1

Deploy: Trigger the Veteran Ability of all your Tuirseach Units on the Board and Hand by 1 and Strengthen self for each Tuirseach unit on the Board by 1.​

Strengthening Units in your Hand AND on the Board might be a bit too much, but it has to be tested to see how exactly it works. Idea is - either you want a big Leader or you want bigger Units. I think it will be a fun combo to play around.

So far we have 6 Bronze (Veterans and Axemen) plus 1 Silver Tuirseach (Svanrige) in the game. I think it will be a nice buff to the lacking, but really interesting archetype.

This sounds good but I think getting a leader card might be too much of a stretch. I am actually running this deck and although playable, I do agree it needs a little more umph. You seemed to have missed a few more Tuirseach cards, Birna Bran (Gold, Officer) and Tuirseach Skirmishers (Bronze bricks). Birna does get along very well with Axemen and the new Battle Maidens and Flaminica also have very good synergy with the Tuirseach clan, Veterans and Axeman are easier to draw out and Axeman can now relocate rows (w/o losing existing boosts).

What about a "new" type of card such as Field card.

Technically they are not new, because Saovine got something close with the gate and the palisade: not played from the hand (already here on the battlefield), and special interactions with some units.

The thing is, there is more and more agile unit in this game, and the core of the battlefield (siege+ranged+melee) did not changed since TWitcher3 wild hunt.

But for instance, an agile ballista could benefit somehow to be deployed close to a fild unit name "Hill", same things for dryads and "forest", necrophage and "swamp" etc...

How to determine wich and how many field card goes on the board? Thematic battlefield.

A Vanilla, with melee+siege+ranged rows and no field card, Velen, with some swamp, brokilon with some forest etc...

It might have none impact on a regular ladder if the Battelfield is always "Vanilla",

However it is good imao in a tournament if players have to deal with the field during their conquest. It will also makes gwent available for a pairing system to determine who fight who if the organiser wish it.

Renuald Aep Matsen
Agile
STR 8
Loyal
Officer
Deploy: Damage all spying enemies by 2

Shilard Fitz Oesterlen
Agile
STR 8
Disloyal
Agent
Deploy: Choose 2 Bronze units on your side and trigger their deploy ability

I feel like some kind of spellpower unit could be good - as in, "as long as this unit is in play, your single-target spells & abilities do 1 more damage". It's probably not a coincidence that some crucial units are balanced to have 8 health (e.g. Axemen, a Shani'ed Siege Support), just out of range of Alzur's Thunder; however this kind of unit would act as a counter-counter. A true spellpower unit ala Hearthstone is probably too imbalanced because of the interaction with Overdose, but this or some stipulation of "spells that affect not more than 3 units" might work.

New hazard bronze card: swampland.

Bronze hazard card. Put a row into swampland. All units on this row have temporary locked abilities until the hazard is removed or affected units regain their abilities after been moved to another row. No damaging effect, but an activity locking.

I'm in gwent for aesthetics. I just want card with themes. I love elves, dwarves, beast soldiers and cursed. I see there working on relics, and werewolves which is amazing. I really want to see support and synergy with dragons, insect, ogres, dryads, vampires, ect

New card idea to fit RNG approach

Gaunter O'Dimm: The Horribly Slow Murderer with the Extremely Inefficient Weapon [Cursed]
Power: 1

Deploy: Each player creates a random amount of spoons between 1-10, Whoever gets more spoons wins the round. If spoon amount is the same, round draws.

altaybek;n9983791 said:
Gaunter O'Dimm: The Horribly Slow Murderer with the Extremely Inefficient Weapon [Cursed]
Power: 1

Deploy: Each player creates a random amount of spoons between 1-10, Whoever gets more spoons wins the round. If spoon amount is the same, round draws.

Wait what?!?!? Spoons? Did you say? Spoons? Board filled with Spoons?

Well, guess the next effect will be Forks right?

Then you will be learning how to eat, am I right?

Joke, just teasing you, hehe :D

Regards,
byExeplar

When we are already at Gaunter O'Dimm, what about:
Gaunter O'Dimm: Master of Fate
Power: 5
Tags: Immune
As long as this card is on the board, whenever a player has to choose between random cards, he gets two additional cards to choose from.

If you play a deck with a lot of Spawn Cards, be sure to include the Master of Fate, such that your spawns will get much more reliable.

hm

Renfri
Silver Neutral
Strength: 2
Ambush: timer 2
Weaken the highest unit on the opposit row by there base power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom