L37 cannot kill L37 Golem??

+
L37 cannot kill L37 Golem??

So.... of course put Quen up, have elemental Oil up, use Dimeritrium Bombs (which don't seem to do anything), do lots of rolling to avoid his attacks, and he still manages to one shot me dead! What am I missing? Also, is there a log someplace where I can see the damage I am doing and he is doing? I am not running any add-ons due to worries about them making the game buggy. This is just a powerful mob guarding a treasure, not a boss, but damn.... If he gets in a hit the next one kills me. He is doing massive damage compared to me. I roll to his back side and get in two hits before rolling out of the way, and he hardly is damaged.

Hopefully there is a trick that I am missing....Thanks response

Do you have enemy upscaling on in your options? If so, that has sometimes been doing tricks like this.

Enemy upscaling is OFF, and I am playing on Just the Story difficulty.

Is there a place to look for damage dealt and damage taken on a given fight? It just doesn't seem right that I am down maybe 25% and he hits me again and I am dead...

I am playing with light armor, so could try medium or heavy.... It just seems like I am doing little damage to him and he is doing huge damage to me and we are the same level.

I will probably just ignore this ? spot, but it kinda ticks me off. LOL!

By the way, this "guarded by a particularilyl powerful monster" location is between Borden signpost and Garin Estate signpost.

Add-on from HoS? He is tough, At lvl 43 today was quite the fight. One hit of him was about 1/4 of my health. But, what swords are you using and in what condition are they? Use a Thunderbolt potion too.

Thanks so much Rafaelbw for your response. I feel a lot better knowing that even at L43 you lose 1/4 health per hit. Sword is a L35 sword and in 100% condition, and has a 25% chance to stun. But you identified the big issue... he hits so hard that I can only take 2-3 hits and it takes a lot longer than that to even get his health down much at all, so I will wait until about L45ish and maybe have the grandmaster gear before trying him again. BTW, did you use the Diamitirum bomb (which seemed to do nothing) and did you use a Decoction? Swallow and Thunderbolt of course, along with Quen.

Well, I was using a set of Mastercrafted Cat gear, and the Wolf swords(master too), it was a 7 min fight I believe, I only saw real damage on his HP when I attacked from his back(deals real damage on any creature). The real thing is your build. I have a really fast stamina regen and I can cast signs with Adrenaline points, which means = Quen as much as you want. But I read that you are in Just the Story... I was in DM and using a few mods(like leveling gear). So what I can give you is: Elementa Oil - Tawny Owl - Thunderbolt.

Your best bet is to try heavier armor, or seriously just one shot and roll until you chip away at him, (pun intended), I am playing on deathmarch difficulty and I killed that guy when I was lvl 17 but it took me and hour and my sword broke so I had to use more than one. sometimes if they one shot you you just have to take it a little slower, or find some way to sneak in and grab the treasure before the combat is triggered then run away lol

I faced that golem yesterday I was level 52 and my attacks were barely able to do him some damage, I had to put some work to beat him ,he is extremely durable so I guess its normal.

I remember that fight. Easily one of the toughest fights in the game. I resorted to hit & run - quen, dash in, hit, avoid (if I can) his hits, run out when health is low and wait to recover health. Rinse & repeat.

I've only recently just begun my 3rd run and after taking a lengthy break from the game, so I can't say I remember this particular fight, but I do remember the Archgriffin decoction being wonderful for those fights where enemies seemed to take forever to die. Just focus on using strong attacks when you've got the stamina for it. It'll drain all your stamina- so having good stamina regen here will definitely be helpful- but your attacks will sap 5% of the enemy's HP. If you can swing it and your evasive manoeuvres are on point, you could also try combining it with the Water Hag decoction too. Glhf

I was having the same problem but with an ice golem in skellige islands. It was 36 and I was 41 and he still kept running roughshod over my quen shield and ruining my day. Even full griffin set+petri's phillfer with fully upgraded igni flamethrower AND melt armor wasn't even tickling this dudes pinky toe. I had to go hard with quen bubble and rend from behind to even the fight out. It was almost like someone stole a golem from Dark Souls and stuck it in here just to make a few of us go "WTF!!!"

Top Bottom