The Witcher: Farewell of The White Wolf

+
Hello,
it was a really good idea to say that it could spoil some fun watching the video. So I watched it but with covering the test so I only got the action and movement. It looked very good as usual.
I still have some questions. Did you have a certain approach for animating the dialogues, because it is much work to do this?
Did you use carpet as sound material for the snow? It sounded like it, and I think it s a good solution!
The music which is playing in the video was added or was it already part of the game? If it was part of the game, how did you implement it. Had you help? Or did you use a trick like your trick with the lypsync. I also have an other question and I would really like to get an answer for it. I will write it as a pm.

Thank you for your kind attention
Nemo

Hello Polish modderska group creates a mod for The Witcher 2 about the wedding of Yenn and Geralt. Which is to be the complete end of The Witcher 3.

I wonder one thing why the project did not come up with the CD Project. The last addition to The Witcher 3 completely closing the story of Geralt
Where can we choose a wedding with Yenn or Triss and where all the most important characters known to us from The Witcher will appear.
It would be an amazing shutdown of Saga about the adventures of Geralt!
I am convinced that such an addition would sell in very large quantities.
CD Project, please think because the fans came up with an amazing idea with this appendix to The Witcher 2, do something similar or give at least modding tools so that you could do something like this in The Witcher 3!

For me the story of Geralt is pretty closed already. I feel very very comfortable with how it all ended after Blood and Wine. You know who he ends up with and you can easily imagine how his life in the future will look like.

Personally, I‘d rather see a new Witcher game with a different protagonist.

For me the story of Geralt is pretty closed already. I feel very very comfortable with how it all ended after Blood and Wine. You know who he ends up with and you can easily imagine how his life in the future will look like.

Personally, I‘d rather see a new Witcher game with a different protagonist.

Maybe so but probably many fans would like such an end if there is a great response about addition to Witcher 2 And such a small addition just on the subject of Geralt's wedding with Yenn or Triss could attract an incredibly large amount of people and allow you to earn a lot of money.
People are hungry for the new Witcher, but with Geralt in the lead role, so this 3 small addition would be a master shot for the CD Project. And he would calmly keep interest in The Witcher until the premiere of CyberPunk and the announcement of something new about the world of The Witcher
All you need to do is watch the movie on the 10th anniversary of the Witcher series!

For myself, I don't think "marriage" is how it would ever end. I just don't think that either Yen, Triss, or Geralt would really put any stock whatsoever in a wedding or being married. It's...not really what their love is made of, and I think that they would find the idea of "settling down to keep a loving home" to be rather trifling, considering who they are and where they came from. Not exactly a couple that would worry much about "fitting in with the status quo".

Triss might, but I imagine she would realize without discussing it that Geralt would never really consider it.

Yennefer and Geralt do marry in Something Ends, Something Begins. It makes sense in their case, and I think that's answer enough. They've said they're done with that story.

If the devs do return to the series, having some freedom for interpretation only helps them. That's one small reason they didn't code a definite ending. Maybe fans will get an easter egg, like a painting or a book, if W4 actually takes place after. Otherwise, why bother?

Something Ends, Something Begins is non-canon, the wedding story was written as a gift to one of the author's friends. The "real" book ending to Geralt's story is in Lady of the Lake, and this is where the games continue from, taking a particular interpretation. Anyway, it was announced in 2016 that no new content is planned for The Witcher 3, so the suggested DLC does not seem to be likely to be implemented.

Edit: I do think CDPR would do a better job than the modders if they actually wanted to make something like this, by the way, even if they took into account the choices ignored by the mod, the difference in resources and talent would outweigh that extra difficulty. Not like the base game itself does not already have to deal with choices and branching story paths. But Blood and Wine is officially the (game) ending to Geralt's story, and all the focus is on different projects since 2016. It may also look "greedy" to sell this as paid DLC.

Last edited:
The canon ending is Avalon, but that's not the point. Its the final, happy ending and nobody breaks character. Its entirely possible Yennefer and Geralt formally wed.

Guest 3847602

The canon ending is Avalon, but that's not the point. Its the final, happy ending and nobody breaks character. Its entirely possible Yennefer and Geralt formally wed.

Well, depending on how you interpret the ending they are either dead or stranded on some island far away from anyone who would attend their wedding. :)
But, if you meant they would have married if massacre in Rivia didn't happen, then yeah, it seems very plausible to me.

As for why CDPR did't do it themselves, first and foremost this mod excludes Triss romance and Ciri Empress ending. If CDPR were making it, they would naturally have to take those options into account and create a story that treats each outcome equally. IMO, that would make a much blander experience overall than a mod that takes certain choices for granted and uses short story by Sapkowski as inspiration.

Avalon? Really?
I know Avalon is the celtic word for Apple, but Jabłoni/Malus is way better for the tune of the Sapkowski/Witcher series. Using the word Avalon sounds so... lazy. Damn the english translation of books and games is really bad. The more I talk with english people the more the suspicion hardens.

Last edited:
The games aren't canon, so that isn't a problem, but if the Polish isn't Avalon what is the isles name?

I know Avalon is the celtic word for Apple, but Jabłoni/Malus is way better for the tune of the Sapkowski/Witcher series. Using the word Avalon sounds so... lazy.

I'm not sure what Jabioni / Malus would mean. Not references I've ever come across before in English. "Avalon", on the other hand, carries an immediate connection to the Isle of Avalon from the Arthurian Legend. It's a commonplace, literary allusion to a magical place of safety and restoration (in English literature). It's also associated with the concept of "the once and future king", insofar as a place from which a great savior of the world will one day return to set things to rights. I'm guessing that's why they chose that for the English versions.

What is Jabioni / Malus? I'm guessing that's Polish folklore or mythology? Not getting any hits by searching them up on the net.

It's TW3 thing, before that it was even worse - "Isle of Avallach". o_O
Isle of Avallach... oh my god XD

:LOL:

Agreed! Avallac'h has enough screen-time. We're good. (Isle of Uma.)

Guest 3847602

What is Jabioni / Malus? I'm guessing that's Polish folklore or mythology? Not getting any hits by searching them up on the net.
Wyspa Jabłoni = Isle of Apples.

Apple = Avallon (in Celtic) = Aballon (in Gaulish) = Aballach (in old Welsh). That's how "Isle of Apples" became "Isle of Uma". ;)
At least, I think so...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yepp Malus and Jabłoni are apples. Something CDPR came up with, cause the only thing we knew about the place where Yennefer and Geralt is, that Geralt saw branches with apples and btoh lay/sit at a river/lake bank. So CDPR made this place to an island with Apples... the Jabłoni island/Malus Island.
I just (personally) think Avalon is a bit too much, when it only should be the afterlive place for Geralt and Yennefer.
But as I said, mybe just a personal point of view :)

Its Avalon in the english (dunno about french or dutch) translation of The Lady of the Lake... but Avallach in the game (which doesn't make any sense). Avalon might fit with the title and Ciri's present location, but neither one is the literal Polish... is that right?

Top Bottom