Which King?- Spoiler

+
I am gonna be a bit of a spoilsport here ;). While this is an interesting "what if" discussion, from the standpoint of the existing plot Radovid is the only viable contender. Henselt and Saskia (and Iorveth) can't play any major role simply because we have the choice to eliminate them in TW2
As to Natalis, his position is obviously far weaker than that of Radovid.

Having said that, as the devs have stated that TW3 will focus on Geralt's personal affairs, it probably won't be of major importance to the story. And let's not forget that there remains quite a large and thus far untapped pool of kings / rulers / leaders in the books, one of whom CD projekt story writers can choose to bring to prominence, and who are not even mentioned in ths thread because they haven't as of yet appeared in the games.

I don't think any of the Northern kings have much power anymore in the Witcher 3. From what we've seen of gameplay, Nilfgard holds some influence in the Northern part of the map, "The less desolated part," as the developers have put it. This means they've taken the area around Novigrad. However the guards in Novigrad aren't wearing any Nilfardian badges, so maybe it has retained its status as a free city? One of the peasants Geralt passes in the gameplay presentation also mentions that "war is coming." This makes it seem like there is still some power left to resist the Nilfgardians, and I'd imagine that probably what is left of Redania, with Radovid at it's head, and maybe allied with Natalis' Temerian faction, along with maybe some Scoia'tel. Alternatively CD Projekt could have just been like "lol none of that mattered," and simple have most of the cast of TW2 killed off in the intervening war with Nilfgard between the two games. Who knows?

Top Bottom