x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

  • Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Master Marksman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Master Marksman

    I have been doing this for 4 hours more than 200 kills with tilt on screen.
    Don't know what to do more, I used crossbow skills precision bolts hours of grinding and still doing it.
    If I had a some count mechanism it will keep me going but dont know if I have 1 or 49 headshots.
    Please help!!!

  • #2
    Originally posted by nurixx
    I have been doing this for 4 hours more than 200 kills with tilt on screen.
    Don't know what to do more, I used crossbow skills precision bolts hours of grinding and still doing it.
    If I had a some count mechanism it will keep me going but dont know if I have 1 or 49 headshots.
    Please help!!!
    Are you shooting humans, elves or dwarves?! Animals and monsters don't count to this (believe me, I tried...). It takes a pretty long while to get, no matter how much your screen is shaking and how many times you can hit to the head. I don't know exactly how it's counted as a headshot (some say that screen shaking isn't necessarily the thing here, some say it is). Devil's pit is a good place to do this if you haven't looted it yet. If you loot the chests, bandits won't respawn. I lost counts how many headshots I did before getting that, but there was a lots of wrong (monster/animal) headshots included. I think I got about 100 headshots to right targets to get that 50 and trophy.

    Last edited by Sunsibar; 26-01-16, 11:09.

    Comment


    • #3
      This trophy is just complete BS. I dont think ive 100% trophied any game. This game just might be the first. I dint know, but this trophy is just horrible. I hate the crossbow anyway. Dont understand why CDPR even decided to put it in. Its good for killin sirens, and dropping draconids out of the sky sure. (couple other things) more of a tool than weapon. But if u put something like this in to the game u should do it well. Its just depressing.

      Comment


      • #4
        Continue... and some day you can finish it. Realy, this achievement/trophy is really BS. I spend some days on and get it after exausting.

        Go on
        Last edited by loadmetacos; 26-01-16, 14:04.

        Comment


        • #5
          Use console commands, that's what I did.

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks for your comments guys. I'm playing on PS4 and started this game on 1.12 and finished in couple of days.
            I got every achi on witcher 3 and hearts of stone except this one. I've been only farming on Devil's Pit. The thing is
            when I was doing deflecting arrows back to 3 people achievement I killed more than 10 people with their own arrow,
            but no achiv. Then I realized maybe one of my gear may bug the achiv then ı removed my chest armor which had
            deflecting arrows enchant. Then I killed 3 people with their own arrow boom got the achiv. So I thought there may be a
            bugging item from hearts of stone expansion. So now I will try naked with only crossbow wish me luck.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Valvatti87
              I hate the crossbow anyway. Dont understand why CDPR even decided to put it in.
              TW2 had throwing knifes, which were nice in certain situations and even had a little part in a side quest (knife throwing contest). The problem was limited supplies, small stacks in the inventory requiring micromanagement and weight.

              TW3's crossbow tries to fulfill the same role (kill stuff from afar) without the disadvantages of the knifes. Endless supply of standard bolts is easier to swallow than, say, an endless supply of some kind of throwing knife or boomerang throwing knifes.

              Thing is: The player absolutely needs a ranged weapon for those pesky sirens and the fights under water, and some NPCs show with their bows and crossbows how humans in this setting would do ranged fights. Then there was the Professor in TW1 with his nerdy crossbow. From all that to "Geralt could use a crossbow, too", it wasn't really a far connection to make.
              Last edited by Lytha; 27-01-16, 10:24.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Lytha
                TW2 had throwing knifes, which were nice in certain situations and even had a little part in a side quest (knife throwing contest). The problem was limited supplies, small stacks in the inventory requiring micromanagement and weight.

                TW3's crossbow tries to fulfill the same role (kill stuff from afar) without the disadvantages of the knifes. Endless supply of standard bolts is easier to swallow than, say, an endless supply of some kind of throwing knife or boomerang throwing knifes.

                Thing is: The player absolutely needs a ranged weapon for those pesky sirens and the fights under water, and some NPCs show with their bows and crossbows how humans in this setting would do ranged fights. Then there was the Professor in TW1 with his nerdy crossbow. From all that to "Geralt could use a crossbow, too", it wasn't really a far connection to make.
                Very good points, but that Master Marksman still sucks Or the head shot count sucks... Either way, that trophy is still pain in the arse.

                ---------- Updated at 10:35 AM ----------

                Originally posted by nurixx
                Thanks for your comments guys. I'm playing on PS4 and started this game on 1.12 and finished in couple of days.
                I got every achi on witcher 3 and hearts of stone except this one. I've been only farming on Devil's Pit. The thing is
                when I was doing deflecting arrows back to 3 people achievement I killed more than 10 people with their own arrow,
                but no achiv. Then I realized maybe one of my gear may bug the achiv then ı removed my chest armor which had
                deflecting arrows enchant. Then I killed 3 people with their own arrow boom got the achiv. So I thought there may be a
                bugging item from hearts of stone expansion. So now I will try naked with only crossbow wish me luck.
                This is just me guessing (haven't don this one yet myself), but I'm going to say it anyways... Maybe that arrow deflecting armor doesn't count. Like the head shots to monsters doesn't count with Master Marksman. It's basically the same thing, but you still don't quite catch the requirements. If that arrow deflection is meant to do with right timing and only by using that skill, then the deflection in the armor is like "cheating" and it just doesn't count. Also... That trophy was already there before HoS, so deflecting armors weren't even available back then. I don't think it's a bug with gear.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hey guys after more than thousand head shots with tilts spending days I finally got the achievement. For ones out there still doing it just keep going the mechanics really bad for headshots. Still thanks for comments and support is really good with cd projekt they always reply less than a day. They are best <3

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Do you have to do all of them in one playthrough?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      What's the current state? Still true (if ever) that only crits count? Does it count if I shoot grey-level enemies? Does the ridiculously quickly vanishing combat log (gonna install yet another mod, I guess) indicate headshots in any way?
                      It's frustrating not knowing whether I succeed at all and then needing 50 of those.
                      Also, does this or others like the 3 bolt deflection kills need savegame continuity, or does it count up spread across any game? I.e. does the game count or does Steam count?
                      Last edited by Dowlphin; 26-07-17, 22:21.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Dowlphin View Post
                        What's the current state?
                        Current state of that trophy is probably still being pain in the ass I managed to find one old thread about Master Marksman and I merged your post with it.

                        Not sure though if there are any useful tips, if you already know about the Devil's Pit trick. And I'm not sure if these can be done in different playthroughs or not. I just did all these in one go.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I guess I'll do a little whenever I feel like it, using the same savegame, and report back if I succeed. Once I have used up my 400 precision bolts, I'll definitely give up.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            OK, that was quick. It was definitely not just the precision bolts. I think I really only had to kill not much more than 50.
                            I wish this meant I can get all achievements, but I was never quite into Gwent and now am completely out of it. I don't have the mind for it anymore. So many Gwent achievements. Oh well, the collect-all quest I messed up anyway, missing my dearest card, Dandelion.
                            Last edited by Dowlphin; 28-07-17, 00:03.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Keep going to The Devil's Pit in Velen. It's helpful to use Northern Wind on enemies. Apparently if you hit the helmet of certain guards it doesn't count. You need to hit them in the face. I also used the mutation 'Cat Eyes' for increased crossbow damage. Was a pain before that taking multiple crossbow bolts to get the kill. I was (and am) playing on Death March.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X