New Game ++ Bug - I can not start the game for the third time

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Godo dar guys

i was playing TW3 want do a new game+ but i cant im level 66 atm my english iis bad the system said u cant do it cause u nene finísh the game. But already finísh it for second time, i justo want play it a 3th time

Sorry. There is no NG++. Something about balance. :p

Also, just as an F.Y.I., there are Polish and Russian versions of this Forum, if you speak either of those two languages (Or have an easier time speaking them than English.).

Just to be clear. I have played through on NG+ and now I want to play again on the hardest difficulty. I have overwritten all my save files with saves during my progress of NG+. My only choice to play again is to start again from scratch? Is that right?
Edit: I'm playing on Xbox One.

Last edited:
TheBeotcher;n10057361 said:
Just to be clear. I have played through on NG+ and now I want to play again on the hardest difficulty. I have overwritten all my save files with saves during my progress of NG+. My only choice to play again is to start again from scratch? Is that right?

You can ask or search for suitable save files that are similar to what you had before in this thread.

they really fucked that up. So stupid.

As said above, the NG+ mode wasn't planned in the game, it was added only to please fans. And the result is "so stupid" just because there is no NG++ ? If I was somebody from CDPR reading that, I would think "F..., we should not have spend so much time and money to implement this mode just to be bashed by this kind of reaction" !

And, side question : does the eternal Witcher competitor, Skyrim, have a NG+ mode after an infinite subsequent releases on various platforms ? NO ! Does it prevent to be adored by its fans ? NO ! Does it prevent to have continuous high sale rate level since six years and to be bought by fans for the second or third time on Nintendo Switch just for the nomade play ? NO ! So why always to strike on the head of CDPR because there is no NG++ mode when nobody says anything when this mode does not exist at all into Skyrim ?

daneel53;n10088241 said:
And, side question : does the eternal Witcher competitor, Skyrim, have a NG+ mode after an infinite subsequent releases on various platforms ? NO ! Does it prevent to be adored by its fans ? NO ! Does it prevent to have continuous high sale rate level since six years and to be bought by fans for the second or third time on Nintendo Switch just for the nomade play ? NO ! So why always to strike on the head of CDPR because there is no NG++ mode when nobody says anything when this mode does not exist at all into Skyrim ?

Skyrim's remastered version, port to new console(s), Fallout 4 VR, etc. are criticized just as much for being lazy money grabs. CDPR do not remaster their old games, nor support VR, so they avoid such criticism. What is apparent from all this? That from PR point of view it can be better not to release anything than to release something that does not satisfy the fans. Maybe one of the reasons why there will not be an enhanced edition for TW3, it would probably not live up to the expectations. Perhaps if the game had no NG+ mode at all, no one would care since it was never promised. Not saying that it is better to have nothing than to have something, but a more negative reaction to the latter, even if sometimes unfair, is not that unusual.

You're right, we may think that today it is better not do something than to do it for free. Just to see the reactions upon the PS4 Witcher 3 patch : many people are not happy and moan that the patch is bad and useless (when others claim that the enhancement is obvious, let's be honest). I don't know what is going to happen to the brand new XBox One X patch, but when I see the reactions against the PS4 Pro patch, I can't prevent myself to think that may be they should have stick to their first annoncement more than one year ago : we won't produce any patch for the new consoles !

If in the future CDPR goes on a way less free and users open minded than today, I think that the never happy users shall have what they deserve... alas ! :(

Hey guys at CD Projekt Red, can you please make a little patch to allow me to start up a new NG+ from my current NG+ plus save file? You don't have to re-tool enemies or scale levels or anything at all. I just want to keep playing your game. Will my Geralt be OP strolling up into White Orchard at level 82 with nine grenades in slot? Yes. But so what? I'd like to enjoy my full Grandmaster Wolven gear for more than the last few hours of endgame content. So what say you fine folks? Easy request that will make a lot of fans happy.

Well that's absolutely terrible. Hopes and dreams officially dashed.. Totally wanted to do a 3rd play through with a stupidly overpowered Geralt, which I think I've earned after doing 2 play throughs the hard way. Really just wanted to experience the story again and clean up some alternate path stuff to have a perfect 100% file with all achievements. Sad day indeed. I appreciate the NG+ mode and all but it seems silly to limit it this way. Who cares about balance on your 3rd freaking play through, it's not like it's multiplayer. Anyway, Witcher 3 is one of my all time favorite games, I'm just sad it has to end. I have neither the time, nor energy, to start all over again. Thanks for a fantastic game though.

Can I go further on a NG++? Like I finished it twice now, can i finish it a third time with a new game ++ or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom