New Game ++ Bug - I can not start the game for the third time

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
New Game ++ Bug - I can not start the game for the third time

I have a problem in the game:
At the end of the game for the second time , I can not start a new game ++

For those who finished the game for the first time , just load the saved game file , and voila , you can play again, but this is not possible for those who want to play for the third time , a message is displayed when trying to load the file after being set It concluded : " The uploaded file is not valid"
( This happens when trying to start a new game ++ )

Are we limited to finalize this game only twice ? or even be a bug?

I'm playing on playstation 4

I'm sorry for the English, do not speak the language ...

I have a problem in the game:
At the end of the game for the second time , I can not start a new game ++

For those who finished the game for the first time , just load the saved game file , and voila , you can play again, but this is not possible for those who want to play for the third time , a message is displayed when trying to load the file after being set It concluded : " The uploaded file is not valid"
( This happens when trying to start a new game ++ )

Are we limited to finalize this game only twice ? or even be a bug?

I'm playing on playstation 4

I'm sorry for the English, do not speak the language ...
you cant start NG+ on previous NG+ there is no NG++

there is no limitation as to how many times you can finish the game what do you mean by that?
You can indeed finish the regular game as many times as you want, however, there is a limit of one New Game + per finished regular game save. There is no way to start another New Game + from a completed NG+ save. You must finish another regular play-through in order to begin another NG+, thus there is no NG++.

(Ach! It's always a challenge to explain this clearly.)

You can indeed finish the regular game as many times as you want, however, there is a limit of one New Game + per finished regular game save. There is no way to start another New Game + from a completed NG+ save. You must finish another regular play-through in order to begin another NG+, thus there is no NG++.

I knew that I was just surprised with how the op worded that and wanted to clarify if he actually thought you couldnt play more than twice before answering (needless now though, your post covers it, I ll just add that anyone who always wants to start a new game + better keep a new game endgame save so he wont have to finish the game again )

New Game + is it purposely made to play only once?

i tried starting a new game plus after completing my second play through but right after i go and try to start it it says the main game is not compltete, im new here and im not sure if this is a bug or something else as i saw somewhere in another part of a forum that new game plus can only be played once but again im not entirely sure if that is correct but if so thats kinda lame and i dont mean to be rude but im just saying because i have completed every single side quest in the game (including the hearts of stone expansion) which were alot of fun heck so fun i wanted to do it all over agin a third time but with my my stuff, but what im trying to say is that after everything i did and went through to get my viper, ursine wolf, loot you name it, im suppose to just thow it all away for a 3rd play through because well dont get me wrong there isnt much to do after you completed most of the monster contracts and all side quests and some treasure hunts except for just ridding around on your horse looking for random monsters or bandits to kill. like i said though i have been thinking if that other thread mentioning you can only play through new game plus once is true but its kinda weird how other games with new game plus did not have a limit ti how many times you can play over, maybe its just a way so people wont get to strong to the point so high that when blood and wine is released it would be to easy? then after released they might add another version of new game plus or is this just a one time play through (technically the second but once for the plus) because if it is then thats sad i was really looking forward to making this game last for a great while but if it isnt then im gonna be so freaking happy, if no one can give a straight answer then i guess the only thing to do is to sit and wait until blood and wine is realesed.and see what goes on there

If you're asking if there's a NG++ mode, then no, there isn't. This is by design and not a bug.

(Merged in with the other thread)

Last edited:
The endless Diablo-style NG+++++etc. works somewhat because the world is randomized. It works in Dark Souls because of the multiplayer aspect (and the fact that anyone who plays through those games on an even harder difficulty is just masochistic.)

It would start creating ungodly balance issues with TW3, I think.

The endless Diablo-style NG+++++etc. works somewhat because the world is randomized. It works in Dark Souls because of the multiplayer aspect (and the fact that anyone who plays through those games on an even harder difficulty is just masochistic.)

It would start creating ungodly balance issues with TW3, I think.

Should it really matter, though? Each play-though is around 100 hours, for the average player. Two play-throughs means 200 hours. By that point, since this isn't a Multiplayer game, and the player's actions have no bearing on others, can't we just let them do what they want? If that means super imbalanced and ridiculous easy game-play, then so be it.

Should it really matter, though? Each play-though is around 100 hours, for the average player. Two play-throughs means 200 hours. By that point, since this isn't a Multiplayer game, and the player's actions have no bearing on others, can't we just let them do what they want? If that means super imbalanced and ridiculous easy game-play, then so be it.

Which is, I think, precisely why CDPR opted out of doing this "procedurally". The company always seems to be focused on creating a tight aesthetic and narrative feel for their games. Introducing a more free-for-all approach might lessen the impact of the stories, and wind up with players associating the game with a Diablo-like loot hunt.

Not saying it wouldn't be fun, but it might be driving the focus away from one of its core tenets.

Unfortunately, TW3 has the worst implementation of NG+ that I have ever seen.

First of all, it came as a DLC (???) and by the time it was released, people had finished the game like twice.

As if that alone wasn't bad enough, you can do only one playthrough in NG+.

Well, like was said before, all we can do is have a separate save file for whenever you want to start a NG+.

Unfortunately, TW3 has the worst implementation of NG+ that I have ever seen.

First of all, it came as a DLC (???) and by the time it was released, people had finished the game like twice.

As if that alone wasn't bad enough, you can do only one playthrough in NG+.

Well, like was said before, all we can do is have a separate save file for whenever you want to start a NG+.

But...it was never supposed to be part of the game. There was just such a large demand for the feature that (rather than slapping a few algorithms together to increase enemy health and damage), the devs answered their players' wishes by rebalancing the entire game to be played through beginning at level 40-ish. Why would you criticize a company for giving its customers what they asked for?

Besides, the game is bloody long. I could clock a Diablo II playthrough in 40 hours or so once I knew what I was doing. My first TW3 game was nearly 120 hours. The second was longer as I did more of the side quests.

I've only dabbled with NG+ once for the sake of trying it, but almost immediately wanted to begin again so I could focus on building a more magic-based Geralt. Honestly, I'm not wholly sure why this NG+ thing is such a phenomenon. I'm not the best person for this argument, really. Don't people get tired of playing the same characters (builds)?

I don't frankly understand it either as I like to play different builds and role play. For example I never used NG+ in the ME series as there were so many different builds you could pick from especially when you combined bio tics and tech. However in TW3 at least you have a potion you can use to change your build. Most NG+ games you are stuck.

I don't frankly understand it either as I like to play different builds and role play. For example I never used NG+ in the ME series as there were so many different builds you could pick from especially when you combined bio tics and tech. However in TW3 at least you have a potion you can use to change your build. Most NG+ games you are stuck.

I...was not aware of this. Maybe I will try an NG+ playthrough.

Although, :blushing: , I've become obsessed with Dragon's Dogma, lately. I never even knew the game existed until it released on PC.

I'll come back to TW3! I swear!!!

(...just...right after I try a Mystic Knight build.)

Although I understand what you meant and it is correct, perhaps it was the wording? An organized player who keeps his NG end game saves well stored in a backup folder can start as many NG+ with each one of them. There is no limit of how many NG+ I can start with each of my end save games (I have them stored and renamed to reflect what kind of Witcher they have in them, like Cat/Wolf/Ursine builds, etc. - And I haven't really used it because I love starting NG fresh then a NG+ with that Geralt.. =))

Of course, you are correct to say that NO NG+ can be started from another NG+ save, or NO NG++ available.

---------- Updated at 09:12 AM ----------

I...was not aware of this. Maybe I will try an NG+ playthrough.

Although, :blushing: , I've become obsessed with Dragon's Dogma, lately. I never even knew the game existed until it released on PC.

I'll come back to TW3! I swear!!!

(...just...right after I try a Mystic Knight build.)

I think now I understand why you disliked or didn't try NG+. The Potion is available in NG as well. Very useful if you decide to switch paths any time in a playthrough, as long as you can afford it. In NG+ or when hunting for achievements, it's very helpful to get some specific skills, get the achievement and then go back to whatever build you had or want. NG+ means lots more skill points so the Potion allows for lots of experimentation too! And do come back. The only Japanese game I ever tried on the PC I uninstalled so fast that I cannot even remember its name. Weird flashy visual effects that I hated in many MMORP too.

New game + with already new game + character

Can I make New Game + save with character that is already in New game + save? How does New Game + affects HoS? (Will i need to make new save to play HoS or i will be able to just start doing quests in that DLC cuz i couldnt get Wolf gear set as i downloaded that dlc after i visited KM and when i started new game+ i could get it)

Can I make New Game + save with character that is already in New game + save? How does New Game + affects HoS? (Will i need to make new save to play HoS or i will be able to just start doing quests in that DLC cuz i couldnt get Wolf gear set as i downloaded that dlc after i visited KM and when i started new game+ i could get it)

I don't...think...so. But I also don't see why this could not be included, actually. If players want to play with the same character repeatedly at high levels, it should be fairly straightforward to have the game simply import a New Game+ character the same way it imports a standard game character.

Personally, though, I prefer to play again from a level 0 character. I might have to make playthrough #4 a NG+, just to see what changes.

I nenes help :(

Godo dar guys

i was playing TW3 want do a new game+ but i cant im level 66 atm my english iis bad the system said u cant do it cause u nene finísh the game. But already finísh it for second time, i justo want play it a 3th time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom